• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Sugar craving

Zonxx

Bluelighter
anyone else who's cut down on their opiates notice sugar cravings or am i just crazy?

I haven’t cut down but I def crave candy when I’m on my oxy.

Yes, usually the sweet tooth cravings happen to me during the actual opioid high, not so much when cutting back dosage. In fact lowering/cutting dosage (like tapering) usually results in me feeling nausea so I'm not hungry and I don't crave anything, except more drugs of course.

It's extremely common. Sugar also helps with opioid withdrawal. It effects the same part of the brain (obviously to a much lesser extent and not the actual opioid receptors).
People in prison will buy huge amounts of the sugary snacks from commissary and sell them to new prisoners going through withdrawal for like 4 times the price.

Yes. In fact it used to make my withdrawals WAY worse cuz I’d start pigging on candy, get a headache, start yakking and feel like straight hell then.

It happens when stopping Gaba drugs too.

-GC

Yes. In fact it used to make my withdrawals WAY worse cuz I’d start pigging on candy, get a headache, start yakking and feel like straight hell then.

It happens when stopping Gaba drugs too.

-GC
THE GABA MEDS - aha we have a culprit, that alongside the attempt to cut down or rather, on some days try not to take my 2nd or 3rd doses till i absolutely have to but the gaba meds.. in august i went through about 2500 pentin/pregab meds that id take with heavy amp doses which i havent taken too many of as of the last two weeks, but i've been taking my clonazepam 2-6mg/day for the last two weeks probably kept me from having a seizure tbh, my gaba med doses were relatively insane, but i did have one hell of a month last month