R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Suddenly fighting

SettingSun

Greenlighter
Hey,

I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 1.5 years, and up until a week ago we've had absolutely no problems. We never fought, like ever. We had the best relationship and truly believe that we will spend the rest of our lives together.
But now we've fought 3 times in one week. I don't know what has changed, and I'm just confused why we're suddenly in turmoil. I hate it, I love him so much and I can't deal with fighting with him. I'm just looking for advice really of what to do and how to fix it. :?

I think explaining what you're fighting about would help people give you solid advice.

Fighting can be healthy, but a sudden influx of negativity is probably a sign of something. More detail?

tell us more?

what are the fights about

whats happening in your lives currently

As others have said, hard to know what to say without knowing what you are fighting about.

Fighting over trust related issues? money? Drugs? just annoying eachother?

Do either of you use? If so, what? How often? Is it intertwined with your relationship?

It is almost impossibe to be in a relationship with the opposite sex and not argue/fight a little bit..as long as each of u have an open mind and consider what the issue is between u two and work together to fix it then the arguing/fighting could lead to a better understanding of each other and a healthier relationship...and some nice make up sex %)

Just make sure neither one of u is trying to dominate the other in the argument..try not to yell and make sure both of u are listening as much as your speaking.i hated fighting with my most recent exgf and just let stuff go and let her get her way to keep the peace, that led to her not appreciating my opinion on things and was one reason for the break up.. u have to stand your ground on some issues even if it causes friction between u two..just because u guys disagree doesnt mean its fighting

Last edited:
I agree with what others have said - it'll be difficult to give more advice if you don't tell us why you're fighting, or if there have been any changes in circumstances etc.
I do think it's normal for every couple to go through a phase like that though, especially when you're nearing the end of the honeymoon phase. My fiancé and I certainly started fighting a lot more when we were around the one year mark, and I'd imagine it's because the relationship wasn't such a novelty any more and we didn't feel the need to be constantly making efforts around each other. That being said, you get used to the new dynamics eventually and the fighting dies down - the key is to figure out what both of your triggers are and catch them before they blow up into an actual fight.

I appreciate the replies thanks everyone :) The past few days have been good. I think the main issue is that we wernt having sex enough. He's always, always keen and in the beginning of our relationship I was too. It went from 2-3 times a day to 1-2 times a week. Partly I believe this is due to me starting the pill.

^ o_O....

I was gonna say that sometimes fights are positive because it shows that you're comfortable enough with each other to talk about the hard stuff--disagreements, etc. and be willing to go through bullshit (arguing) to try and better your relationship. :shrug:

I appreciate the replies thanks everyone :) The past few days have been good. I think the main issue is that we wernt having sex enough. He's always, always keen and in the beginning of our relationship I was too. It went from 2-3 times a day to 1-2 times a week. Partly I believe this is due to me starting the pill.

If the pill has had that much of an impact on your libido I would recommend speaking to your doctor about trying a different one. I was lucky in that the first one I ever tried has always worked for me but lots of my friends had to try up to 4-5 before they got one that didn't mess up their hormones or cycle too much.