• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sudden loss of effects from IV cocaine and heroin?

crzydiamond

Bluelighter
Looking for some input/idea of what's going on here...

I no longer IV, but I did for years, and I have no idea what cause or solution is for this issue:

My roommate IVs heroin (well street dope/fentadope) and cocaine mixed

Lately, he isn't getting effects at all. He isn't sick, but no rush, no taste, no feeling the "hit"

-- no, it's not a matter of a miss

--it started where he would feel it in some veins but not others (we guessed that to be vein issue possibly)

--its not the product. I can feel it sniffed, and a mutual friend feels it IVd just fine

--he has slept (I had a similar experience with not feeling IV coke, but I had been up shooting it for 5 days at least)

--i shared crack with him and when he hit that he feels it. So not a matter of depleted dopamine I don't think.
It seems to be only thru the bloodstream IV he isn't feeling anything.

He has been taking gabapentin recently in moderate to high amounts, but to my knowledge that shouldn't block the feeling the shot

Does anyone have any ideas to throw out for discussion?

He's getting really frustrated at spending money, hitting the shot, and nothing.

I researched but see nothing on this.
I admit at first I rolled my eyes thinking he missed, or just didn't do enough, but after several days I have to admit that's not the case

Anyone got an theory?

Thanks for the input...

I agree on that with at least some of the spots he was hitting.

Especially the semicollapsed veins.

He insisted yesterday he found a new spot (though I told him make sure you're above any old damage) but I didn't look at it so I can't say for sure.

He does alternate arms and has done legs (although he says he needs higher dose if he hits in legs, that it's weaker from there. I personally never noticed it but it does take longer to feel from legs)

I just wondered if it could be anything other than the physical vein issues.

It sounds like a vein issue but could be something else.

I'm wondering if anyone here has an input on this. When I snort my coke I feel awake, normal, like how must people feel when they drink a cup of coffee I guess. It's not a quality thing here it's just a tolerance thing.

But my question is why when I shoot it I feel the euphoria for a couple minutes, feel like I'm going to puke or poop, and then almost immediately after I feel extremely tired and it makes me want opiates. I haven't taken any opiates in a few years and would like to avoid it. Is this a normal reaction to shooting cocaine?

Reactions: pkt
I feel extremely tired and it makes me want opiates. I haven't taken any opiates in a few years and would like to avoid it. Is this a normal reaction to shooting cocaine?

Yes it’s normal. Stimulant comedowns and ceilings suck and opiates are the immediate cure.

Reactions: pkt