• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

sudden jaw pain. please help.

dr katz

Bluelighter
So earlier today the joint of my jaw began to bother me. It's the left side. Shortly after the bebeginning of the discomfort it began to ache even more. At first it only bugged me when I opened my mouth but then any movement of my jaw aggravated it andeven hurt while It wawasn't moving. I noticed that the pain was also in my ear. My jaw itself didn't hurt, just the part where it connects to my face. I then remembered feeling a pea sized ball or bump around that area the last couple of days. Right now it doesn't hurt as much or consistent as it did earlier but I'm smoking heroin which obviously helps. Does anyone know what is causing this? I'm 18 so it might be wisdom teeth but it could also be an ear infection because of the bump. Also Someone said it may be tmj. Any idea?

yea it could be your wisdom teeth but i have yet to run into any dentists on here... soooo you may wana check with one of those or mabe the ER.... but yea for real that shits nuttin to play with and its most likely not gona just go away either.... hope ya feel better

yea it could be your wisdom teeth but i have yet to run into any dentists on here... soooo you may wana check with one of those or mabe the ER.... but yea for real that shits nuttin to play with and its most likely not gona just go away either.... hope ya feel better
Yeah I gotta make a doc appointment tomorrow. I looked it up earlier but it could be a number of things

Lymph Node maybe?

I've had all my wisdom teeth out, it could be that.. but the pain is usually localized to the far back of your gums, basically you would know.

go to the fucking doctor, don't ask a bunch of drug users on the internet

better yet, don't prove that cunt felix right about some trivial bullshit please

It could be any number of things. It could be TMJ issues. Had you been smoking heroin? The position you put your jaw in doing so may have actually been part of it. I'm really not sure. Like others said doctor ... But asking questions can help for questions for the doctor.

I always want to point out the possibility of food/substance allergy as well, as this wreaked hell on my own life and often manifests as jaw/tmd pain.

Drug use may have caused clenching as well. And have you had stress before this that may have buckled down on you?

Ear infections are usually obvious... IME. But allergies can mimick infections.

Last edited:
It could be any number of things. It could be TMJ issues. Had you been smoking heroin? The position you put your jaw in doing so may have actually been part of it. I'm really not sure. Like others said doctor ... But asking questions can help for questions for the doctor.

I always want to point out the possibility of food/substance allergy as well, as this wreaked hell on my own life and often manifests as jaw/tmd pain.

Drug use may have caused clenching as well. And have you had stress before this that may have buckled down on you?

Ear infections are usually obvious... IME. But allergies can mimick infections.
I onpy smoke h like 1 time a week on average so I don't think it's that. When it started to hurt it was before I smoked yesterday. I haven't been clenching my jaw.

In these situations, just go to the doctor. I don't get why people don't go to the doctor when they're having problems. I mean when I'm in discomfort, I usually want it to go away? I guess people without health insurance would be hesitant to go to the doctor.