• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sudden issues w/ Tramadol

Emptty

Bluelighter
So when I was first starting my ventures into dug use I discovered the effects of Tramadol and found they often were on par with what stronger opioids like Norco could do for me. It was sedating and euphoric. I actually had a good year or so where I built up tolerance until I was using about 500mg a day and would have withdrawals (headaches & severe anxiety) If I didn't take it. My supply got cut off after a while so I went through the w/d and stopped using it for a few years.

Maybe two years later, I got ahold of some and forgot tolerance was a thing. Tried that same 500mg dose and ended up violently ill for a day. A year after that I gave a more reasonable 150mg dose a shot and found it had the same effect it used to with the chill euphoria.

Recently I've had pretty reliable access to trams so I tried 150mg doses again a few times, every time I found it did nothing but make me feel dissociative and anxious. I guess my question isn't so much what's caused the change as it is whether I should just give up on trams as a recreational substance? I figure the cause could be any number of things with how much my body has been exposed to the drug, I don't want to assume I just need a higher dose especially since I currently lack tolerance but I am curious if maybe doing something different would make it affect me the same way it used to or if this is a permanent change. Anyone else have experience with something like this?

For sure, I had a similar problem years ago when I picked up Norco a second time after my first ever stash ran out. The first several times I tried it, I felt like I'd found something I'd been waiting my whole life to find. It was beautiful. Then, I ran out and didn't get more hydros for about a year. When I picked up again, they suddenly made me extremely sick to my stomach and gave me like the worst migraines I've ever felt. It was awful. I felt so betrayed, and couldn't figure out why I didn't have that reaction the first time I tried it. I ended up taking them with non-drowsy dramamine for the nausea, and after a little while of sticking out the shitty side-effects, my body readjusted and the highs returned to the way they were before. From that point forward, any increase in my dose, or when I upgraded to oxy and heroin, required an adjustment phase that would sometimes last weeks.

I'm not sure if trammies are the same way, but they're pretty similar to opiates, so maybe your body is just readjusting? When I've had Tramadol in the past, it's often made me pretty sick and a little dissociative. How many times have you taken it? Maybe give it more time?

Good luck, friend!

I'm not sure if trammies are the same way, but they're pretty similar to opiates, so maybe your body is just readjusting? When I've had Tramadol in the past, it's often made me pretty sick and a little dissociative. How many times have you taken it? Maybe give it more time?

Good luck, friend!

It's possible, I think I've taken about 3 150mg doses since getting back to using them all with the same undesirable effects, I'll probably give a couple more low doses a try in combination with a very low dose (0.5mg) of alprazolam to combat the anxiety for at least the first of them and see if my body can readjust from there.

I don't think I'd mind to much if I couldn't get any recreational value from Tramadol anymore since I have plenty of stronger drugs I can use, if anything it would just be a tad disappointing since it was the first drug I really fell in love with. Like an old friend betraying me lol.

Fuckin tramadol i find that the newer prescribed trams are WEAKER YES WEAKER i took 400mg after a 4 month break and nothing except anxeity and a light euphoria when my older sripts put me on my ass asleep