• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Success stories from Meth. Anyone genuinely think Meth has improved their life?

garygroundwork

Bluelighter
Does anyone actually believe that Meth is a good substance that has improved the quality of their life and their life has gone forwards and not backwards with meth.

I'm tot laking about adhd meds only specifically crystal methamphetamine.

We constantly hear about Meth destroying peoples lives..... is there any success stories here.

People that use meth and only believe positive things have come from it. For example

-their social skills may have improved and therefore social life, new friends, relationships.
- relationships improved in terms of partners
-more organised with daily tasks
-more productive with work. got promotion, new job etc
-increased confidence cause moving forward
-maybe stated exercising
-maybe look better
-maybe lost weight hat needed to be lost.
-opening business
-making more money

Basically people with nothing negative to say about meth and life has moved forward not backwards because of meth and not been destroyed.

Is there anyone out there? If there is they probably are not on here.

But I would be interested to hear from these individuals and their stories. Do these people exist?

It keep the day going by. There are positives to it or else I wouldnt do it - but the surrounding perception and there including in myself says it's the worst thing in my life. One of the worst things. I find meth use to be pretty much fine for the most part - except when it's clearly not. The effects on the autoimmune system are what worry me the most.

It keep the day going by. There are positives to it or else I wouldnt do it - but the surrounding perception and there including in myself says it's the worst thing in my life. One of the worst things. I find meth use to be pretty much fine for the most part - except when it's clearly not. The effects on the autoimmune system are what worry me the most.

This is none of my business, but are you a daily user?

There is a huge difference between taking a drug in the form of a standardized dosing unit and dosing by eye or even with a scale, powder/crystal drugs.

I think Amphetamines can have a place in a person's life with positive effect. If we are discussing illicit Methamphetamine, I would say it's extremely rare to find actual, functional users. I think a lot of the stories of functional users that you here are actually just people in a certain stage of their addiction prior to it ruining their lives.

When you don't know the potency, you don't have an accurate means of determining your dosage, it's pretty close to impossible to keep things going in a functional way.

Do these people exist?

Sure they exist…as with all drugs, the number of people who are out of control, ride or die drug addicts represent a minority of the using population. You especially wouldn’t know about “successful tweakers” because there’s a stigma surrounding the drug, although I would argue less so now than when I was a kid.

Short-term, it does have the power to royally fuck you over though. It’s just too powerful of a drug, so it’s hard to get the dose right, especially via the roas that it’s commonly consumed. With that being said, I have known old tweakers, people who have decades of experience using the drug and are passed retirement age. I never knew anyone like that when it came to heroin. Like not even one person.

I remember Louis Theroux did a documentary about methamphetamine (in Fresno CA iirc?) and he interviewed this one guy who looked just like George W Bush. He was in his sixties and he estimated that he had a gram a day habit…delivered via the needle

I knew some older folks in my former city of residence who went pretty hard into their older age. I mean, their lives were more often than not a chaotic mess but they were alive. Some of them had pretty “colorful” lives/entertaining stories…they’d get all misty eyed reminiscing about the good ol days, when meth was REAL goddamn it, and they hadn’t carpet bombed their brains with powerful stimulant drugs

I've met some people and even the ones who are still more functional in their dialects of finances and work and some lie balance seem very off-kilter when they're tweaking too hard

I had used crystal methamphetamine for about 9 years straight, daily. When I was using, it made my life better. I was able to apply myself to working long hours, get almost no sleep and repeat. It didn't make me look older or cause any problems in my life with other people. I was actually a bit more social. I snorted it only. I only quit because I moved out of the state and don't know where to get it anymore. I would not want to risk being arrested. If there were any withdrawal symptoms, they were minimal. I do miss being so productive, but my boyfriend comes first. He is an ex-addict and lost all of his teeth, but he used much more than I did (longer, thicker lines). He only snorted it, but for a few years.

I don't know if this is related, but during the many years of using, I learned how to do many home repairs and used my talents to rebuild a house, completely, including replacing walls, ceilings and floors. I worked my ass into ground and I now have arthritis in many joints. It could have been inevitable or the result of using for so long. I never took any supplements to counter the negative impacts of the drug.

I have never been in trouble with the law including any traffic violations. I worked the same job for 32 years and successfully retired. I am 57. I just wanted to provide my story as an example of how this drug positively affected my life. I would probably still use it if I could get it. It was the best that I've ever felt and can't think of any irreparable harm it caused me. If the arthritis was a consequence, I can live with that and have no regrets. Just use moderately and don't try to get too high; use it to YOUR advantage. It will help your energy levels, mental clarity, productivity, etc. If you are looking for something to make you fuck all night and tear every component apart in the house to see how it works, then, I would not use it long term. That level of use can become more of a deficit. I would also avoid other routes of use, hits the bloodstream too fast. The high is intense, but you lose control over your shit (what I've seen, not tried).

Good luck and stay well.

Methamphetamine is a pilot's combat drug.

...I'd have to guess that more people than not would actually be okay use meth medicinally. Like, if you just have sex, do you immediately want to have sex again? If you do coke, do you immediately feel the need to do it again the next day? If you have impulse control problems then hard drugs are not for you.

Meth just maybe might be fine like one day a week. If not that, then maybe one day a month. Problem is that plenty of people have no self control. And doctor's? The people regulating us are the biggest children of the bunch!

Last edited:
My uncle used to tell me that he did meth in high school and bc of his ADD it actually helped him focus and do better in school and his grades improved. When I asked my mom about this, she said hell no that wasn’t true at all and that he was smoked out lmao

I've been using pretty much daily since I was 19 and I'm 38 now, with 10 years of that using IV, with a year here and there between those years of sobriety. I can honestly say it has made my life more manageable. I'm fully functioning, have 2 jobs, a house I rent, a car, and nobody would ever think I'm a user. Without it I'm terribly depressed and I was never able to find an antidepressant that worked so it's probably saved my life.

I've been using pretty much daily since I was 19 and I'm 38 now, with 10 years of that using IV, with a year here and there between those years of sobriety. I can honestly say it has made my life more manageable. I'm fully functioning, have 2 jobs, a house I rent, a car, and nobody would ever think I'm a user. Without it I'm terribly depressed and I was never able to find an antidepressant that worked so it's probably saved my life.

OK, I'll take the bait.

How do you deal with malnutrition? Hair loss?

Sounds like you're ....well, otherwise doing well, Bud.

Reason I ask is because I was dating a tweaker a few years back and she was falling apart.

OK, I'll take the bait.

How do you deal with malnutrition? Hair loss?

Sounds like you're ....well, otherwise doing well, Bud.

Reason I ask is because I was dating a tweaker a few years back and she was falling apart.
I eat regularly so malnutrition isn't an issue. If anything I'm a little chubby lol. Hair loss has never been an issue either, I have long insanely thick hair. I don't stay up for more than 2 days at a time without sleeping. Idk, I've been lucky so far that it hasn't really affected me physically. Now who knows how long that'll last but for now I'm just glad it's still helping with my mental issues.

Sure they exist…as with all drugs, the number of people who are out of control, ride or die drug addicts represent a minority of the using population. You especially wouldn’t know about “successful tweakers” because there’s a stigma surrounding the drug, although I would argue less so now than when I was a kid.

Short-term, it does have the power to royally fuck you over though. It’s just too powerful of a drug, so it’s hard to get the dose right, especially via the roas that it’s commonly consumed. With that being said, I have known old tweakers, people who have decades of experience using the drug and are passed retirement age. I never knew anyone like that when it came to heroin. Like not even one person.

That just goes to show how we can be guilty of bias in these things. I was reading through your post and I laughed, as this is exactly opposite to how I have always felt about Opioids and Methamphetamine. A lot of people know I'm a New England native and we never had Methamphetamine here, even in Metro Boston it was pretty much unheard of in favor of Cocaine products.

My experience with Methamphetamine doesn't involve really, any chronic users. Everyone here who you see strung out specifically on Methamphetamine, never used it prior to 5+ years ago. When Methamphetamine hit, it took a lot of people who had been on the periphery of rock bottom but still functioning, straight to hell. I'm talking about the guys who are maybe homeless, maybe in section 8, maybe panhandling for money, who generally are just drunks and ne'er do wells who maybe do some drugs every now and then. These people I'm talking about were unemployed and at that point in their lives not doing anything for society, sure, but they were also managing to shower, clean their clothes and do the basics of functional living.

A lot of these people who were "functioning" for years are now full Meth Ghouls. I don't want to be insulting to people who use Meth. I've looked, smelled and acted like shit in my life before too as a result of my addictions. No judgement. It's just the best way of describing them. They're out all day and all night, collecting trash, talking to themselves, emaciated and dirty, rotten teeth etc. These were people I assumed were going to be drinking beers in City Hall Park until they got old, as they were able to maintain it for years previously

My idea is that maybe the drugs came into our society without any kind of previous generation to actually instruct people how to use it. I know this might sound crazy to a lot of people. I know Meth addiction is not something that can be vaccinated against by a solid educational program. I do think there are probably some key takeaways to understand. I'm not a Meth user, but I have used it and I know that when I have, I used waaaayy too much. It's hard for someone raised in my environment to understand how potent a $20 quantity of a drug can be.

I know that when I began using Opioids, there had been people using Heroin in my community for generations. I understand that for a long time, Opioid addiction was primarily only found on the coasts, with New York City being the epicenter of all of it. Boston is fairly close and as far as I can tell, Heroin has been a thing here for longer than anyone can say. I had people who were experienced users who explained things to new users like what getting sick is about, how to inject, the golden rule of always having some for the morning... that sort of thing. Things that are essential for navigating life as a user.

The whole situation here in Burlington strikes me as people getting their hands on the drug without really understanding all of the potential pitfalls of use. I know I made these mistakes when I had used the drug.

But yea, I would have said the complete opposite. Opioids are healthy and a great tonic for the soul. Methamphetamine is poisonous and leads to inevitable insanity. I don't know, we probably both have some truth in our experiences.

That just goes to show how we can be guilty of bias in these things. I was reading through your post and I laughed, as this is exactly opposite to how I have always felt about Opioids and Methamphetamine. A lot of people know I'm a New England native and we never had Methamphetamine here, even in Metro Boston it was pretty much unheard of in favor of Cocaine products.

My experience with Methamphetamine doesn't involve really, any chronic users. Everyone here who you see strung out specifically on Methamphetamine, never used it prior to 5+ years ago. When Methamphetamine hit, it took a lot of people who had been on the periphery of rock bottom but still functioning, straight to hell. I'm talking about the guys who are maybe homeless, maybe in section 8, maybe panhandling for money, who generally are just drunks and ne'er do wells who maybe do some drugs every now and then. These people I'm talking about were unemployed and at that point in their lives not doing anything for society, sure, but they were also managing to shower, clean their clothes and do the basics of functional living.

A lot of these people who were "functioning" for years are now full Meth Ghouls. I don't want to be insulting to people who use Meth. I've looked, smelled and acted like shit in my life before too as a result of my addictions. No judgement. It's just the best way of describing them. They're out all day and all night, collecting trash, talking to themselves, emaciated and dirty, rotten teeth etc. These were people I assumed were going to be drinking beers in City Hall Park until they got old, as they were able to maintain it for years previously

My idea is that maybe the drugs came into our society without any kind of previous generation to actually instruct people how to use it. I know this might sound crazy to a lot of people. I know Meth addiction is not something that can be vaccinated against by a solid educational program. I do think there are probably some key takeaways to understand. I'm not a Meth user, but I have used it and I know that when I have, I used waaaayy too much. It's hard for someone raised in my environment to understand how potent a $20 quantity of a drug can be.

I know that when I began using Opioids, there had been people using Heroin in my community for generations. I understand that for a long time, Opioid addiction was primarily only found on the coasts, with New York City being the epicenter of all of it. Boston is fairly close and as far as I can tell, Heroin has been a thing here for longer than anyone can say. I had people who were experienced users who explained things to new users like what getting sick is about, how to inject, the golden rule of always having some for the morning... that sort of thing. Things that are essential for navigating life as a user.

The whole situation here in Burlington strikes me as people getting their hands on the drug without really understanding all of the potential pitfalls of use. I know I made these mistakes when I had used the drug.

But yea, I would have said the complete opposite. Opioids are healthy and a great tonic for the soul. Methamphetamine is poisonous and leads to inevitable insanity. I don't know, we probably both have some truth in our experiences.

Haha, meth ghouls…that is unfortunately a pretty apt description for some of them

In the western USA, it has been entrenched for a longer period of time, since the 90s at least and probably on a subcultural level before that, like with bikers or truckers or whatever. But yeah, you kind of become ennured to tweaker shenanigans after a while, kind of get jaded…it’s so funny because you know who those people are right away…it’s not even that they look like crap from doing too many drugs (although that’s also often true), it’s how they dress, carry themselves etc. Weird weird drug

Some of them are dangerous but most aren’t. Most are just annoying

NE USA is a relative late comer to the game. Even when I was getting random stuff on the street around the greater NYC area in the five years preceding Covid, I was never offered it. I’m sure it existed in some subcultural spaces, like maybe you could find it at gay nightclubs or something, but it didn’t seem to be anywhere near as popular as crack. I’m sure if you asked some of those dealers they could probably get it but it wasn’t offered. Which is weird to me but whatever … I just think it’s weird that a recreational drug that there is clearly a market for in that part of the country took so long to really take hold, despite being a well known thing in the western, midwestern and “Southern” USA by that point