• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subuxone induction issues

Gorillaboy21

Bluelighter
So I?m gonna try to be as brief as possible when I explain my situation, I?m looking for answers on subuxone.

Basically I?m an IV opiate addict for 6 years straight and I?m functioning. I work, go to college, pay bills, etc.
it has been very boring and bland lately, and I just spend a ton of money to be functional and not be a junkie type looking person who goes to jail a lot.

I?ve had subuxone for years sitting around and I?m always scared to take it. In the last 5 years the longest I?ve gone without doing H tar was like 24-36 hours...
I can never take subuxone because when I did before it never made me feel well enough and I always end up slamming right after to fill in the receptors that are left. I get a slight rush but I wears off quickly .

TLDR: I?m nervous taking subuxone and it makes me fail every time I find time for myself away from school and work to detox.
I have gabapentin , tizanidine, methocarbomal, klonopin, Xanax, Valiums , clonodine, and TONS of weed and I still have difficulty waiting 24 hours.

I was curious, if I take subs at hour 18-20 let?s say, wait 45-1 hour and then shoot up tar; would that be blocked by the subuxone and thus lower my tolerance because that shot wasn?t really absorbed into my receptors? Can I take subuxone a few hours after that even if I injected right after my induction? Anyone have experience with this? I want to see if I can take subuxone or subutex and shoot up here and there to get me fully well, yet not raise my tolerance because I have subuxone blocking me?
Any answer would help. I understand the entire mindset for subuxone should be to get off of the lifestyle of shooting up and doing full agonist opiates, and the fact that I?m even trying to still shoot up shows that I?m not mentally ready to quit; but the reality is I?m always busy with responsibilities and never have a week off to just lay around. When I do though I fail and try to convince myself to taper and that doesn?t work EVER.
I guess I just want some feedback or experiences from you guys and maybe suggestions for me that would help me quit, thanks bluighters and sorry if I post in the wrong section and sorry if it?s reallt Long

Short answer, yes. I don't recommend it to people trying to get clean or do a very short taper, because it jacks up your tolerance and will substantially lengthen the amount of time it takes to taper off sub. but it seems its more important that you got on suboxone by any means necessary. But with that stash of comfort meds I would wait as long as possible as I could before taking sub without taking the comfort meds, then 30 minutes before dosing sub take some gaba, a benzo, some clonidine, smoke a joint th9en take the suboxone and try not to use any heroin after, but if you have it on hand you know you are going to end up using it.(maybe try inducting without in heroin on hand?) But again, yes, you can do a shot to stop whatever PWD sub cuases, then take some more sub and it won't throw you back into PWD, and you can go on taking your maintenance dose from there.

When you take the subs take the ceiling dose.. 24mg is supposedly the most that your brain will ever feel.. then you won?t be sick and shouldn?t need anymore heroin. Theoretically anyway..

I understand guys. I guess I need to buckle up and quit being a bitch. It?s just difficult while you have college midterms in 2 todays... perhaps I?ll take the spring break as a chance to get clean.
Still wish I had an answer on the dosing subs and shooting up after. I just took 2-3 mgs of subuxone and waited 3 hours before I shot up which is right now, and I want to know if I take subs tomorrow morning and don?t continue using tonight, will that work and lower my tolerance ? Has anyone tried this? Cause I just can?t sleep without a certain threshold of opiates which requires heroin, in small amounts , to fill the receptors of subuxone

If you get all the way on the subs you will probably do better on your tests tbh.. my wife used to shoot up Opana with me.. she is now on suboxone and feels much better.. she says she can think more clearly..

How high is your tolerance?

If you wait until true wd has started, buprenorphine will NOT put you into precipitated wd-that simply isn't how it works - and shooting a happy opium mix afterwards doesn't make much sense-I think the part of the problem is, in tablet form especially, it can take 2-3 hours for bupe to peak, so shooting 45minutes after is really throwing things about in the body