• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Subuxone? How much and how should I be taking?

MDX 1987

Greenlighter
Alright trying to get off heroin and lost in the process.

I was basically a heavy heroin user for years. Did the whole detox and halfway trip and been clean for a good two years (except for a end of a long night hit I had somewhere in the middle). Been three weeks now Ive been back to IVing heroin. Ofoucrse not on the insane doses I was doing before but heavy enough to give me a hard time getting off.
Im stuck with short framed family commitments very soon and meed to get off starting tomorrow. PS, Im on the other half of the world at the moment so its just past midnight here.

I have a 8mg Subuxone tablet. Can easily get my hand on more. Wanted to know two things and understand the idea behind the third.

1- Is IVing a fine idea cause ive never tried IVing subuxine before. Always been hearing snorting does fine with the WD symptoms and even gives a nice buzz but my edge is always getting addicted to the steel. Will it do the same? Help with the withdrawls and five a reasonable edge to pass the next few days?

2- How much should I be taking doses wise? And throught the day? If snorted or IV?

3- What I wanted to make clear and for that reason understand was, I am trying to get off an addiction. Why do I see everyone saying they are on Subs for 6 months and even years after getting off opiates. Like where on earth is sense? And I know getting off it is hell. Like what is the point? My understanding about subs was it's just made to get you off what ever it is you're using without going through the WDs and the urges to go back. I would by tops want to be on them for a week MAX. Am I crazy with that thought and is that impossible or is it supposed to be taken for as long periods as Im seeing around. Cause I really don't wanna be doing that and just want to get back to the sober life with nothing as much as Subs in me.

Do need and would highly appreciate the feedback!

1. IV buprenorphine is a terrible idea, please do not do this.

2. If you're looking to achieve similar full agonist opioid effects, buprenorphine works better at lower doses. 1 mg of sublingual buprenorphine is the equivalent of 30 mg of morphine, but it's a partial agonist, so it won't subjectively feel like it so all you will obtain by increasing dosage is a bigger opioid addiction and still will never be able to get the full agonist relief.

3. People are on it for long periods of time to make positive behavioral changes, which is necessary. Just getting sober and not dealing with the underlying issues that led to addicition in the first place is called white knuckling sobriety and is a miserable existence.

2 to 4 mg per day of buprenorphine is more than enough to aid in withdrawals, and then not be stuck addicted to an opioid worse than the one you were trying to quit. Doses above 8mg/day are meant to achieve close to 100 percent mu-opioid receptor blockade, so in the event you relapse, you won't die and that is why doctors keep pushing such insanely high doses to protect their medical license, but just making their patients raging opioid addicts in the process. It's a terrible system, and I hope to see change in it. There are many peer reviewed studies and articles that say 4 mg/day is enough to achieve the desired effects to help aid in withdrawaling from another, shorter half-life, full agonist opioid.

Also worth mentioning, sublingual and insufflation have similar bioavailability, so it's pretty pointless to use buprenorphine via intranasal ROA.

Expectations are essential, buprenorphine is not a miracle drug. You won't be able to just take buprenorphine, experience no withdrawls or terrible days, and then carry on with a good life sober. With that being said, if it's used properly, it does work good in conjunction with therapy to help one grow and make positive changes in their life, and then ween off. And, let me tell you, buprenorphine withdrawals are hell, so the higher dose you go, the more misery it will be to come off of it.

1. IV buprenorphine is a terrible idea, please do not do this.

2. If you're looking to achieve similar full agonist opioid effects, buprenorphine works better at lower doses. 1 mg of sublingual buprenorphine is the equivalent of 30 mg of morphine, but it's a partial agonist, so it won't subjectively feel like it so all you will obtain by increasing dosage is a bigger opioid addiction and still will never be able to get the full agonist relief.

3. People are on it for long periods of time to make positive behavioral changes, which is necessary. Just getting sober and not dealing with the underlying issues that led to addicition in the first place is called white knuckling sobriety and is a miserable existence.

2 to 4 mg per day of buprenorphine is more than enough to aid in withdrawals, and then not be stuck addicted to an opioid worse than the one you were trying to quit. Doses above 8mg/day are meant to achieve close to 100 percent mu-opioid receptor blockade, so in the event you relapse, you won't die and that is why doctors keep pushing such insanely high doses to protect their medical license, but just making their patients raging opioid addicts in the process. It's a terrible system, and I hope to see change in it. There are many peer reviewed studies and articles that say 4 mg/day is enough to achieve the desired effects to help aid in withdrawaling from another, shorter half-life, full agonist opioid.

Also worth mentioning, sublingual and insufflation have similar bioavailability, so it's pretty pointless to use buprenorphine via intranasal ROA.

Expectations are essential, buprenorphine is not a miracle drug. You won't be able to just take buprenorphine, experience no withdrawls or terrible days, and then carry on with a good life sober. With that being said, if it's used properly, it does work good in conjunction with therapy to help one grow and make positive changes in their life, and then ween off. And, let me tell you, buprenorphine withdrawals are hell, so the higher dose you go, the more misery it will be to come off of it.

Thanks so much! That was really helpul!

Kind of upset about the fact I shouldn't be IVing.Respondint to the second question was mainly about sublingual doses and all i have my hands on are the 8mg tablets. Is it not fine to shoot small doses of those even Around say 1mg? Or snort?

i havent been back on H for long so yeah Inknow Ill orcourse have a few bad days but hope the Subs will do the job. Thank God didnt get back to the bad habits, attitudes or lifestyle. Everything is still going quite the same at home and work. So wanted to call out before I dig in too deep. Hopefully to that I wont need to be on them for longer than say a week I'm giving myself, to not get back into the whole circle of having to always being on something regardless.

Kind of upset about the fact I shouldn't be IVing.Respondint to the second question was mainly about sublingual doses and all i have my hands on are the 8mg tablets. Is it not fine to shoot small doses of those even Around say 1mg? Or snort?

Buprenorphine works better sublingual versus intranasal. If you IV - which again, it's a really terrible idea health wise - the bioavailability over doubles. 1 mg of parenteral buprenorphine is the equivalent of 75mg of morphine versus 30mg. But, before you rush to shoot up thinking you're going to feel good, you won't. There is absolutely no reward or benefit to it, it's a partial agonist, unless you're addicted to the needle, and even then, the harm is not worth it. Shoot up sterile water if you want the ritual of the needle, take the buprenorphine sublingually.