• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subuxone and Edema?

bluesteyes

Bluelighter
I am currently taking 10mg of subuxone per day. I have been on subuxone for about a month and a half. Over the past 5 days I have developed edema in my feet and calves. I have it 24 hrs per day. While I do use Bystolic (5mg) to lower my pulse, according to my doctor, the Bystolic dosage is so low that it shouldn't cause edema.

Anyone have edema issues while taking subuxone??

This will pass. Given time. Same thing happened to me. Try some potassium maybe elevate your feet when possible.
After a month on subs all side -effects had passed.

That's good to know, although I have been taking subuxone for a month and a half and have lowered my dosage from 16mg to 10mg per day. I have interstitial cystitis, and the last thing on earth I want to take is a diuretic which causes you to pee all the time. I would rather walk around with bloated feet for awhile knowing that the edema will likely pass. I am currently on a tapering plan to get off of subuxone.

What's weird though is that the edema doesn't appear to get much better overnight. My feet and calves feel just as bloated in the morning when I get out of bed as they do at the end of the day.

Try 4mgs. You'll feel much better. Have you heard of compression socks?

This was the only post I could find about suboxone. (I'm new) I have a question about subutex. My friend shot 4mg of the little mint Tex. It's the one with the arrow on it. She shot it into her brachial artery (or so she thinks), but she missed some. There's a decent sized bump. Right after removing the tourniquet she lost feeling to her hand. The muscle in her arm was very tight and it was hard for her to pump her hand. (Her arm was purple when she took of the tie). She has been on the subutex program for quite some time so she's not new to the bumps and occasional swelling, but this was something completely different. She's scared. Her fingers are a little swollen but not to the point where she can't use her hand. Does anyone have any input that can be positive and helpful to her situation? SOS