• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex - when will I feel it again

BakingSoda

Greenlighter
Hello world !
I’ve been taking subutex for a month now, and I remember about 6 years ago just snorting a tiny piece would get me high. I’m prescribed 16 mg a day, but have been cutting to 4 mg every 2 days. I want to know how long I should be abstinent from it to get to the point where I can actually feel high off it again. Is it 2 weeks? A month? A couple months? Has anyone done this before.

It depends on how long you’ve been on. If you want to feel something you could stop taking it until you’re in withdrawal and then take your dose.
You shouldn’t do this. You would have to taper off to really feel it again. Maintenance does that.

I have been tapering. I’m now at 4 mg every 2 days. Maintenence told me to do 2 mg a day now, but sometimes I’ve found myself able to go a full day without needing it if I take 4 mg the day prior. My question is, how long will my brain be used to buprenorphine being around.. is it like heroin or fent where a month or two of abstinence would do you like you’ve got no tolerance whatsoever.

iT'S not the same as the first bupe high but still do feel it once a week for a whole day. I'm on Buvidal (weekly depot buprenorphine injection, the mamimum dose of 32mg, ofc why would it be any less? and every time i receive my weekly jab in about 90min I start to feel a rerally nice, warm bupe high which just keeps on going for the whole day. Actually the maximum level of buprenorphine in your blood is 24h after the injection. After that it starts to lower but it's so miniscule there is no way you can even notice it. Well until a whole week is already gone and you receive your next injection, the next 24h of fun.