• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex precipitated withdrawal

Berserkgungnir

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I have a quick question and its irking me really bad. My buddy is convinced that subutex will not throw you into precipitated withdrawals if taken after doing heroin/ any other kind of opiates. He wants to switch to methadone and I told him he has to wait at least 72 hours before switching .

Well he wants to ween down from subutex by switching to methadone then weaning off the methadone.. lol. I know it sounds stupid but hey that's his dumb choice not mine. Anyways has anyone here ever taken subutex shortly after taking opiates or within a small time frame and has not gotten sick? Or has gotten sick? If I am posting on the wrong forum I am sorry I am fairly new.

I'm a bit confused.

If he takes subutex before being in withdrawal from the methadone/opioid then it is highly likely to result in precipatated withdrawal.

But from what you're saying it sounds like he's already on subutex and is talking about switching from that to methadone. In that case taking the methadone will not put him into withdrawal but it's effects may be blocked by the subutex to some extent, until he's been off the subutex for a few days.

I'm a bit confused.

If he takes subutex before being in withdrawal from the methadone/opioid then it is highly likely to result in precipatated withdrawal.

But from what you're saying it sounds like he's already on subutex and is talking about switching from that to methadone. In that case taking the methadone will not put him into withdrawal but it's effects may be blocked by the subutex to some extent, until he's been off the subutex for a few days.

Thank you for replying, my question is not so much about the methadone and subutex/ suboxone as I know how that goes. Was mainly a. backstory to thread.Methadone first then Subs = precipitated withdrawals. Subs then methadone = pretty much nothing.

What I was really wanting to know was if someone took opiates, then within 1 hour to 6 hours later took subutex they would go into precipitated withdrawal yes? And has anyone ever gone into precipitated withdrawal while using subutex? My friend thinks you can do all the dope/opiates in the world. And an hoir later take subutex and not hit precisely withdrawal which I am pretty sure is not true.

Thank you for replying, my question is not so much about the methadone and subutex/ suboxone as I know how that goes. Was mainly a. backstory to thread.Methadone first then Subs = precipitated withdrawals. Subs then methadone = pretty much nothing.

What I was really wanting to know was if someone took opiates, then within 1 hour to 6 hours later took subutex they would go into precipitated withdrawal yes? And has anyone ever gone into precipitated withdrawal while using subutex? My friend thinks you can do all the dope/opiates in the world. And an hoir later take subutex and not hit precisely withdrawal which I am pretty sure is not true.
Yes, your understanding is absolutely correct. At least as far as I can say.

It does get a bit complicated though. When I was being treated with suboxone and used opioids on top then took my suboxone in the morning the next day I never had precipitated withdrawal.

But if he takes the subutex 1 to 6 hours after using regular opioids then I would say it's very likely he will be put into precipitated withdrawal.

I once gave a buddy of mine some suboxone and the last time he had taken opioids was his methadone dose the previous day (18~ hrs ago, he thought that would be long enough) and he went straight into precipitated withdrawal when he used it.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused.

+1
AA.jpg

With how long methadone stays in your system I'd say 6hrs after taking done then taking subbie equals pwd's.
If the subbie is taken in a low enough dose and then you take done it shouldn't block its effects.the blocking effects of suboxone don't really kick in till you go over 3-4mg.16mg will block any reasonable amount of heroin for up to 2days.32mg would solidly block any opiate in large amounts for 3days possibly more.ive had 2mg of subbie then 4hrs later had opiates and it's just like stacking one on top of the other.the other way around results in precipitated wd's.youll only do it once.maybe twice if you don't figure out what caused the shitty feeling the first time

If you're on bupe and you take another opiate you should be okay. However, if your friend is using opiates now and jumps on to bupe to early... Well, precipitated withdrawal is a fresh hell I've had the displeasure of experiencing. Once. I learned that lesson.

from my own exp and the way i use it. i would have a H binge for 4-5 days then wait 16hrs and take 2mg subs and i wont have any precipitated wd and any H wd would be gone in an hr but still will get some cold sweats and runny stomach but that i can deal with. not sure if this adds value to the topic but thats what i do. and as for how do i get through the first 16 hrs of wd after last usage, its normal a high dose of benzo to just knock me out and make me sleep. I know this is very unhealthy what im doing but it works for me

I found Seroquel (Quetiapine) extremely helpful to get through 16- 24 hours of initial withdrawal. When I took a large dose, it used to put me to sleep for quite a long time so I used to take it once I started noticing the usual withdrawal syptoms creeping in. Then when I woke up, I used to be ready to take Buperenorphine.

I found Seroquel (Quetiapine) extremely helpful to get through 16- 24 hours of initial withdrawal. When I took a large dose, it used to put me to sleep for quite a long time so I used to take it once I started noticing the usual withdrawal syptoms creeping in. Then when I woke up, I used to be ready to take Buperenorphine.
i have done the same and can agree that this works to get through those first 12 hrs. rather knocked out and waking up in a puddle of sweat then being awake and dealing with wd

Hello everyone, I have a quick question and its irking me really bad. My buddy is convinced that subutex will not throw you into precipitated withdrawals if taken after doing heroin/ any other kind of opiates. He wants to switch to methadone and I told him he has to wait at least 72 hours before switching .

Well he wants to ween down from subutex by switching to methadone then weaning off the methadone.. lol. I know it sounds stupid but hey that's his dumb choice not mine. Anyways has anyone here ever taken subutex shortly after taking opiates or within a small time frame and has not gotten sick? Or has gotten sick? If I am posting on the wrong forum I am sorry I am fairly new.
Oh yes big mistake!! If hes going from subs to methadone he'll be fine but if he's going methadone to subs he won't be. If you're using any opiate u must wait until your a 12 on the withdrawal scale before taking subs. I know I've put myself into rwd many times by jumping to sub too soon.

Wait a minute, I think precipitated w/d is only if the person is already addicted to opiates though right? I have a friend who is very knowledgeable about subs who got me to try to help come off my addiction and SWORE that he can take bupe an hour later and be fine, but I don't think he has an active addiction either... I can't imagine anyone would have any w/d at all if they're not currently addicted to opiates.

In jail one guy who was an infrequent user had some morph then some subbie.he felt like shit looked terrible and had a headache.whether or not you got a habit if you put opioid in u then fuck with it by putting bupe in it straight away or even within a few hrs your going to feel quite unpleasant .

To my understanding bupe being Partial agonist and methadone being a full agonist the switch would be ok, and furthermore ive heard people actually can take bupe on methadone too amplify the effect I don't see why it would have a negative impact doing the opposite because your still combining substances.

I find seroquel to be useful but also useless it's good for sleeping or quieting the voices in your head
(the one that tells you to burn things)
but it also gives me painful leg cramps which wake me up and leave me twitching in agony.mirtazapine(avanza) or zyprexa(olanzapine) are just as good for knocking yourself out but lack the voice quietening thing seroquel has.if seroquel gives you leg cramps try avanza or zyprexa

If your on Methadone you have to jump onto bupe from 20-25mg. Wait the full time then start with 2mg then another 2-4 hour later if you want 4mg.

You can stop Methadone then switch to H or OC then jump over to bupe abit eaiser.

I was very stupid and did 40-60mg Methadone then switched after 36-72 hours. I did about 8mg too I think of bupe and I got the worst withdrawals every, sweating and very pale. The only way to fix this was go out and IV a bag of H. Which calmed it. I was okay after that.

I noticed precipitated withdrawal from Subutex doesn't feel as severe as with Suboxone... my opinion

i’m coming off a 12 day binge of .2 a day except today where I did about .4/.5. I had my last dose about 2 hours ago (9pm, it’s now 11pm). I have some 8mg bupes and thinking when should I take one or part of one. I don’t know if i’ll have wd’s anyways bc I wasn’t actively using before this binge aka no wd symptoms or anything. it had been a while since I used anything. so am I even going to experience wd’s or am I psyching myself out.