• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex missed shot /infection?/advice needed

Amr1991

Greenlighter
3 days ago i missed a shot on my upper arm. I registered properly but during the injection ir started to hurt and i pulled out shortly after i realized i was missing now. The next day it was painful/ swollen, and yesterday less so but still swelled and psinful somewhat. Today it is slightly more painful and still swollen. Idk if im being overly paranoid bc of a sepsis scare earlier this year, but im starting to get worried and wondering how long before i should see a doctor/ if 3 days is normal for these symtoms to persist. There isnt too much redness but it is clearly swollen and sore. I have antibiotics clyndamiacin i recieved for cellulitus in past and sulfamethoxazole for sepsis possiblity in past, both still good for another 6 7 months. I took a dose an hour ago. Im wondering if/when i should see a dr if symtoms persist, and if taking these antibiotics is ok/ how long to take before i should worry if not healing... im anxious and would appreciate advice, thx!

I say better safe than sorry. If it's persisting after 3 days, you may want to go to the ER

Believe me, cellulitis sucks. My mother was kept in the hospital nearly 72 hours from it just last month.

So don't mess around. The antibiotics are safe. It a partially missed shot shouldn't be worsening in pain. I'd give it at most a day before seeing a dr.

You don't have to tell them how it happened ?

Actually ok so it was Thursday 9/19 i am mistaken, it was thursday I missed, and Iyesterday i was relieved it didnt seem too bad. Not sure that changes your stance but i guess 2 days not 3. Still see a dr while taking the antibiptics or give it a day or do? I feel like theyll just give me antibiotivs also but idk im just anxious

You oulld give it one more day, but remember, they can give IV antibiotics at the hospital and combos if it is infected. You've got a lot to lose and little to gain. Y stalling . My mother almost lost her hand