• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Subutex high?

XanaX-WithdraW

Greenlighter
SWIM has been snorting 1 and a half 8mg subutex tablets daily for over a year now, but all it does is make him feel normal. SWIM was wondering how much he would need to take to get high off it. Ideas?

You probably won't get high. Its not that recreational imo. It also has a ceiling effect and only so much will work. But don't keep taking more
If they are not getting you high its probably a good time to start tapering. Why have an addiction with no fun right?

Yeah, I'm planning on it, the idea of the withdraws scares me though. ? Tips on withdraws? I wanna just do 3 8mg pills at once. That's how much i'm perscribed daily
anyway.

If yon 4mg a day average cut down .5 every 3 days and the last few days you could even take .25 for a few days then the withdrawal would be mild. Clonidine and benzos(but only for 1-2 days) will help with any mild symptoms and maybe loperamide if you have stomach issues but i tapered down and it was almost painless except for sleep but i was also just off methadone.

Dont do 3 8mg if you only take 4mg. It can kill you

If yon 4mg a day average cut down .5 every 3 days and the last few days you could even take .25 for a few days then the withdrawal would be mild. Clonidine and benzos(but only for 1-2 days) will help with any mild symptoms and maybe loperamide if you have stomach issues but i tapered down and it was almost painless except for sleep but i was also just off methadone.

Dont do 3 8mg if you only take 4mg. It can kill you
Well, I get the 8mg pills and I do one and a half of them a day. I get prescribed 24mgs a day, I just don't take them all. I'd love to get off this stuff though. ?

If you wanna feel any positive effects from it I would also suggest taper down to 4 - 2 mgs a day. Also, if you're comfortable skipping a few days once you get to that level, take a low dose of 2 or 3 mg and have a glass of white grapefruit juice 2 hours before and see how you feel. For me it takes a long time to feel the full effects of subs, sometimes hours which results in some people wanting to re dose but I would tell you wait it out.