• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex help

Jvjs05

Bluelighter
I have a quick question about subutex. I was addicted to opiates ( mostly oxycodone) for about 2 years, with a long story I decided to get help from my doc who prescribed me subutex, and it was my savior. When I quit I was taking 300-500mg oxy per day. My doc put me on subutex 24mg per day about 6 months ago and it worked great. Each month I've tried to decrease my dose now down to about 4mg per day. However I miss that opiate high as it was the best high I've ever felt ( have experimented with many drugs ) but nothing for me could compare to that perfect dose that would have me nodding for a while . My question is what would it take to breakthrough 2-4mg of subutex. I have experimented, and so far the only thing that has worked has been 12-16mg of dilaudid IVd. I hate doing this however and was wondering if anyone out there has been able to breakthru taking oxy (swallowed or snorted) as I dislike to IV. However nothing has ever compared to 16mg iv dilly, but has anyone gotten a breakthru using oxy ?

With bupe the length of use really effects tolerance.

And I can tell you 24mg is an obscene amount. Would venture to say even at 4mg your tolerance is probably relatively high.

That being said 2mg can easily be broken through . I don't know about oral oxycontin as that is a pretty weak opiate.. But from experience when I did a quick ten day taper down to 2mg of bupe I did a shot of heroin 6 hours after dosing .. A tiny shot.. And felt as high as th first time I ever did dope.

I don't know if that helps at all but there's some perspective.

I have jumped on and off of subutex for years, and I used to be on a low dose.. around 2-3mg a day for the longest time, but on that dose.. I kept doing dope, dilaudid, oxy, opana, anything that had a decent strength opioid wise, and was able to get past the sub, even at 2mg.. I still had to wait like, at least 8 hours before doing anything, except for really good dope, or the ever so rare opana I would come across once in a while... and for the other like oxy and dilaudid, I would usually have to wait the normal 8, maybe 10-12 hours.. as long as I could stand to wait I would wait basically, and around 8 hours after taking 2mg of sub, I would want to do something, because the sub had worn off by that time, almost entirely.. I mainly would and still do slam my subs, so the duration of action is greatly reduced, opposed to taking them sublingually... I just do sub that way for the 100% BA, and my needle addiction.. and I wish I stayed just plugging it, as it was nearly just as good an ROA, was totally harmless, and had very similar effects and a fast onset like IV, very similar feeling.. Never make the mistake of slamming subs for that ~100% BA, don't let the numbers fool you, plugging SUPPOSEDLY only has around a 54-60% BA, from what I have read, but I don't see how... it was truly every bit as effective as IV is, without having to deal with the unhealthy lifestyle of shooting pills.. Anyways.. back to how long subs block your opiates? It all depends on what opiate, the ROA you take the sub, sublingual is the longest lasting, and 24mg of sub, is outrageously high dosage! Why would your doc put you on such an insanely high amount, none of my sub docs, the 3 I have seen over the years, have ever even suggested a dose that high, and the highest I have taken daily prescribed is 8-10mg a day... which is my current dose.. I like to do 2mg shots, throughout my day these days and don't do full agonists like dope or oxy anymore at all.. but the last time I did this, like I said, I waited 8 hours more or less, and then shot around 8-24mg of dilaudid usually just did 8-12mg shots at a time, then did more later.. or if not dilaudid, like 120-150mg of oxy which I didn't really shoot like I did with dillys or dope I preferred sniffing, plugging, and then smoking some oxy or maybe sniffing/plugging then shooting a little, not a big fan of IV oxy its over rated, or 0.3-0.5G of dope, usually did like 2 or 3 0.25G shots of dope when I did it.. and it always seemed to breakthrough, oxy being the least effective at getting past the bupe.. but dilaudid, opana, and dope, I had no problem after waiting 8 hours or so..

Yeah the 24mg was just the first month , he seemed shocked when i told
Him how much oxy per day I was on( including the occasional 75mcg fentanyl patch I was cut in half and cheek , the mylan brand) anyways I only did the 24mg for the first 2 weeks then started decreasing quickly, I never noticed any difference untill ingot below 8mg per day, then it became hard to decrease from there. Like I said I'm now on about 4mg per day which I usually take SL but when I mess up and run short I'll
Snort as i feel it in increases its BA. Anyways, I have IVd 120mg of oxy and didn't feel much but when I IVd 16mg of dilaudid I definitely felt the breakthrough, it was a rush like
Nothing I've felt b4 , I could feel the warmth go from my head down to my toes and then felt a slight nod for a little while after. I hate to IV and can't do it myself I have a friend do it for me who is way more experienced with that. I am so greatful for subutex as it saved me from a dark road I was going down, but hate It at the same time bc i feel like I can't get high from oxy anymore (my old DOC) and around me dillys are hard as hell to. Come by. I wish i could go back to the day when 2 perks would have me floating and loving life but I guess I've messed up my brain. Chemistry to where that will never be possible Anymore.