• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Substituted Aminorex Series

haribo1

Ex-Bluelighter
The 2 & 3 carbon phenethylamines have been studied. Shulgin amongst others have made probably thousands of individual compounds (and in the most part taste them).
But what of the aminorex series? The 4-methyl ones are somewhat out because the starting compound is is substituted phenyl propanol amine which is illegal in most places. The 2 carbon one, however, falls outside the phenylethyl scheduling since it has an alpha -OH. For example, what is the legal status of 1(3,4 methylenedioxy) phenyl, 1 hydroxyl 3 ethylamine?
The old cyanogen bromide is out and the new cyanate route is in. I'm just wondering if we have the possibility of an entirely new series to look into. U4euH is sort of MDxx like in any case, so the methylenedioxy analog might be the best thing since bread (even better than sliced bread, you understand).

^mdmaminorex and mdaminorex sound promising but I can find nothing in existing literature. Hopefully someone with access to some of the chemical databases will chime in...

In all it's glory

untitled.gif

If anyone can get access to that paper, I would be eternally grateful...;)

"MDMAminorex" this idea has been thought about countless times, aminorex analogs dont follow the same rules as amphetamines, the MD versions aren't really anygood, they've been made i think

You're early!! You started a thread on this just short of a year ago ;)

I think you're way wrong toxide. They certainly haven'y any documented human trials.

haribo, i've posted that PDF at the other site. Get it while it's hot ;p !

I'm pretty sure I remember all the MD does is lower the potency/duration, it doesn't effect serotonine

perhaps if the MDO was moved to positions other than 3,4 there might be a chance, but no one knows anything about this yet

^ I would be very surprised if this hadn't been investigated in the mid to late 60's by the various companies looking for anorectic agents. they were quite comprehensive in their studies.
I have heard that the 3,4 MD compound was disappointing, IIRC this and the the parafluoro were synthesised a few years ago and reported on the hive.

Anybody knows about trimethoxy anologues?

TMAminorex (TM-Aminorex-2,..., TM-Aminorex-6)?

Only halogens have been researched. The p-F is supposed to be 4 times stronger than the parent compound, which is interesting. Having said which, F&B said that a friend of his made p-F 4MAR and it wasn't much fun.

toxide said:
p-F was 1/2 as potent i thought

no, the papers say 4x the potency,

To repeat, ONLY the halogens (and trifluoromethyl) were ever tested. They were looking for an anorexic drug, not a psychedelic. The 3,4 methyenedioxy start compound was mentioned, but it wasn't tested.

MDA,MDMA,MDEA,Bk-MDMA, IAP and so on all have similar actions, so there is no logical reason I can see why the aminorex version should be a dead-end automatically.

The precursor for the p-F aminorex is:

SMILES: NCC(O)c1ccc(F)cc1
Name: aminofluorophenylethanol

It's commercially available.

toxide said:
p-F was 1/2 as potent i thought
potency isn't everything. meth is about 5x as potent as mdma (or DOB is 100x as potent as mescaline, but i'd still prefer mescaline). assuming there would be an mdma-like 4mar derivative, i would expect the potency to be quite a bit lower compared to the parent compound.

Black said:
potency isn't everything. meth is about 5x as potent as mdma (or DOB is 100x as potent as mescaline, but i'd still prefer mescaline). assuming there would be an mdma-like 4mar derivative, i would expect the potency to be quite a bit lower compared to the parent compound.

I agree, I was just pointing out an error on the p-F aminorex potency.

haribo1 said:
no, the papers say 4x the potency,

To repeat, ONLY the halogens (and trifluoromethyl) were ever tested. They were looking for an anorexic drug, not a psychedelic. The 3,4 methyenedioxy start compound was mentioned, but it wasn't tested.

thats a pretty categoric statement! not sure I believe it though.

^Well, I should say 'from every single paper I've checked' which is quite a lot. Now, it seems obvious that a clandestine chemist would wish to try them, but hell, who knew about the range of the PEAs until Shulgin? Or the tryptamines for that matter. You can buy the precursor to methylenedioxy aminorex, but a)how many people have made plain aminorex & b)who is going to waste time & effort if they are already making $$$ from something with a market.
F&B mentioned a friend who made p-F 4MAR and who found the effects wierd. But that was 1 test subject (who F&B alluded to being a bit odd) so we really don't know about the stuff.
What we do know from animal studies is that p-F aminorex is 4 times as potent a psychostimulant as plain aminorex.
The PEAs were OK for the kitchen chemist since so many substituted allyl benzenes occur in essential oils, but how many would order something as rare as 1(3,4 methylenedioxy)phenyl 2 amino ethanol?

Oh, and one thing that is bothering me about the aminorex series is the actual synth. the 4MAR can be made with a cyanate salt, but will the plain AR series cyclize just as easily? If not, it's back to cyanogen halides... which are not fun at all...