• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subs to heroin back to subs..weak., sickness

Relapz

Bluelighter
So I am on a steady dose of 4 mg of suboxone.. I relapsed the past four days stopped my
Suboxone for 2 days then did 6 grams of heroin over a course of 4 days. Now Monday morning before work I was sick and ate a 8 mg sub strip.. And I still feel weak, runny nose and tired. Normally 4 mg would do me fine all day but now it seems that even 8 mg
Is not enough, could my tolerance have jumped that much in 4 days? I really want to maintain suboxone now but if it's not even gonna take care of my physical state I may have to use heroin...

Thoughts?

It could be some lingering fentanyl metabolites preventing the buprenorphine from working like it should. Causing minor precipitated withdrawal. Heroin is commonly laced with fentanyl and fentanyls metabolite nor-fentanyl can still linger on the receptors for a few days after the last dose even if you are in full withdrawal. Once the buprenorphine overcomes this, you should be fine. You will know by the end of the day if its tolerance or the buprenorphine can't work yet because of precipitated withdrawal. Just be patient.

It could be some lingering fentanyl metabolites preventing the buprenorphine from working like it should. Causing minor precipitated withdrawal. Heroin is commonly laced with fentanyl and fentanyls metabolite nor-fentanyl can still linger on the receptors for a few days after the last dose even if you are in full withdrawal. Once the buprenorphine overcomes this, you should be fine. You will know by the end of the day if its tolerance or the buprenorphine can't work yet because of precipitated withdrawal. Just be patient.[/yQUOTE]

Ah this makes perfect sense. I actually know the heroin I get is almost entirely fentanyl so this makes sense. Thank you for the info