• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subs Ptsd

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Why does Suboxone take away my PTSD nightmares? I’m know withdrawal can bring on its cluster of nightmares and my opiate addiction was off and on. Even when I abstained for five months back in February I still had nightmares but I didn’t really feel physical withdrawals after three weeks.

Thing thing Ian I’m dx a lot of disorders but PTSD was the killer of all of them. Like every time I wake up from a nightmare at night. I would cut off like 1 mg and put it under my tongue and go back to sleep. It would take all the bad dreams away. It is kinda confusing because prazosin doesn’t do jack for the nightmares.

So does anyone here have PTSD. And get relief from subs?

This can be moved to where it needs to go. I didn’t know where to put it.

Why does Suboxone take away my PTSD nightmares? I’m know withdrawal can bring on its cluster of nightmares and my opiate addiction was off and on. Even when I abstained for five months back in February I still had nightmares but I didn’t really feel physical withdrawals after three weeks.

Thing thing Ian I’m dx a lot of disorders but PTSD was the killer of all of them. Like every time I wake up from a nightmare at night. I would cut off like 1 mg and put it under my tongue and go back to sleep. It would take all the bad dreams away. It is kinda confusing because prazosin doesn’t do jack for the nightmares.

So does anyone here have PTSD. And get relief from subs?

This can be moved to where it needs to go. I didn’t know where to put it.
I used to have a friend who would use tiny doses of Buprenorphine to help control his ADHD. I've also heard that Bupe can also be quite good as a painkiller in certain cases..

Perhaps it has to do with bupes action on the kappa receptor. Bupe is an antagonist there and its being investigated in general for mood disorders and depression. Works fairly quickly unlike traditional antidepressants as well.

Ya better than any benzo for nightmares also. They need to use this more often for other things so I’m all for it being used to replace a lot of the bad psychoactive drugs on the market.

why do people drink to forget? drugs have that ability to suppress the bad thoughts, shove them into a corner in your mind and let you forget about them for a bit.
but they;re still there, and don;t forget that you'll have to deal with them at some point.
i don't have PTSD but opiates helped me forget about the grief i was going thru after a miscarriage of my child and the subsequent relationship breakdown
i couldn;t bear to think about it - but its not healthy to forget; you gotta face it.

be strong man, and best of luck.