• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subs/Black for added self control?

BurnedAliveUndead

Bluelighter
Basically the title, curious if anyone has tried it as I have for sure personally got high off Black with only 1 mg of bupe in my system. Occasionally I'm forced to get off H due to lack money, unsure circumstances approaching, or just getting scared of how far down the rabbit hole(tolerance) I'm letting myself get. In these instances its back to bupe which gets less and less exciting each transition, leaving me with a PAWS-ish need to feel high or hell even just motivated again. The addict in me has been fiendishly hunting methadone to try and get rid of these annoyances but here we are and I think I may have the more logical answer at my disposal anyways. Each transition(to bupe) utterly obliterates my ability to get high from black or whatever, as the first day is usually anywhere from 8 -16 mg's of bupe. I lower quickly but that ruins me for a week or so and it gets noticed(my workplace has savage politics).

So onto what I think may help, I mentioned that I can get high(off black) with only 1mg of bupe(and very much notice the motivation), but it is vastly diminished(initial climb and duration) and this leads me wait longer periods of time in between smoking as I know the further I get from that 1mg the more the fun stuff gets to do its thing. The closer I smoke to taking the bupe, the more I feel I'm wasting my stash, but like I said the motivation is what I really feed off and feel like this combination could do some good by making it less about how high H gets me and more about what it has allowed me to press through.

I realized this could just be some next level addict rationalizing but it also feels like the most productive way I've had a chance to try and make the best out of a bad situation. Methadone does seem like a better fit for someone like me, but there's no way I could meet their guidelines, hell I leave to work at 4am. Also I think methadone would allow me to really see how far I could jack up my tolerance, most likely ending poorly. And bupe always forces at least some progress out of me, hell to just get on the damn stuff(18h clean typically is what has been the going rate to avoid some PW).

If anyone has consistently used this combination your input would be valuable.

Last edited:
Just cut yourself down off the h use less and less, each time you manage to use less and save some you will be proud to those bupes do help some people but personally I would never take them because they are just not natural why would you want something flicking switches in your brain that shouldn't be switched plus your motivation must be horrible sooner or later you will have to try to control your use anyway or end up further down the rabbit hole as you put it that's the nature of these drugs best start now I cut myself down on the codeine and this 512mg dose earlier man I swear I could feel so much nice energy I can still feel it now 3 hours later if I hadn't cut down I would have to take 600-750mg and that still would not have been intense as this high I've wasted enough high chasing something I already have its actually not the drug your brain is craving (usually for fiending redose) it's craving something fufiling other than lying around all day but the drug tricks people into thinking they need another hit when I'm actual fact it they just got up walked around got some fresh air had good nice shower and nice meal (which you have no excuse not to really unless your homeless) the high will still probably be their but you can always reeled later anyway you need to be able to control your compulsions or push the thoughts out of your head of you want to even have any hope of using opiates smoothly.

Well I hope I have helped I've got a date with 160mg of codeine then off to my pharmacy good day :D

Thanks for the input Pete, yeah I pitched this idea to my Brother and response was similar, it sounded to him like I really just need to weigh out daily allotments for myself and use weed/kpins where I have used up my allotment for that day. As forcing myself daily to understand at least some sort of restraint would go a LONG ways toward helping my understanding this crazy situation we've(opiate addicts) gotten ourselves into. Will try to do this and post some results, as willpower/me having H, never seem to see eye to eye. But I think I can at least start here.

OP, let's knock these things out one by one shall we? First and foremost, welcome to Bluelight or as Dante Allighieri liked to call it the final concentric ring of Inferno, so far from the warmth of God's love, that we are perpetually gnawed upon by Lucifer as he lay frozen in place at the waist. We are truly happy to have you and look forward to your future contributions to the community :D

Now, I want to preface this next part by saying, the position you find yourself in, I've been in myself and so have most other addicts. What I'm about to say is not belittling in any way to your intelligence. This isn't a matter of intelligence. But, you are really not doing or stating anything here that I would consider beyond an average day in the life of an Opioid addict. You want to get high, maybe you can't get high, maybe you can only get high, you're worried about your tolerance, maybe it's too high, you should stop, you can't stop etc.

The problem is, and this is one of the truly confusing things about our community, we are not a resource for helping people design the most effective intake regimen for staying high without losing that magic feeling. We are Harm Reduction and that means we're here to help adults who have chosen to use drugs to so as safely as possible. We do not promote, encourage or help plan how to get high.

It sounds like this is nothing more than a thread about getting the most mileage out of your drugs. If I'm not correct in this assumption, please let me know. I will say that your experience of using Opioids and attempting to use Buprenorphine to control your addiction without success makes you a perfect candidate for a Methadone Maintenance program. I understand it's not ideal for you, but it would seem that you're throwing yourself out into the universe looking for "help" and if you want my help, I would advise you to possibly start considering a more drastic approach to your situation.

Nobody will force you to go to a higher dose. That is entirely on you. While clinics are again, not ideal for most folks and are not well-known for being bastions of efficiency or even human sympathy, but much of the conjecture that you will here regarding how "terrible" Methadone clinics are comes from folks who are unwilling to truly cease their shenanigans and are upset when the clinic reciprocates in kind. Daily dosing is not permanent. It is a temporary situation with a duration determined in large part by your ability to play ball.

I am digressing heavily here, but my program offers one take-home dosage per month of good behavior. That's one 15 minute counselor visit per week (later, per month), clean drug tests (excluding Cannabis which is not only allowed, but is not even tested for) and not physically, verbally or sexually assaulting clinic staff.

But, if this thread is what I think it is, I'm going to close it OP. Kindly, get back to us.

Crazy, I'd been reading BL for some time now and never thought about separating posts looking for efficiency/ease of use vs. meaningful harm reduction but it appears I just crossed that line. Close away, sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Also I do appreciate the suggestion, maybe there are clinics around me that can be a bit more accommodating.

Last edited:
Don't worry!!!

It seems like when I close threads emotions inevitably run high in one form or another. The term "crossed the line" is over the top my friend ;) What you have done is akin to putting the wrong date on some paperwork. Yea, it's contrary to what we're about, but that doesn't mean we have any ill will for you or that we feel you are some kind of negative influence in the community. Like I tell everyone...

It's just a bureaucratic thing. We gotta do housekeeping to keep the trains running on time or in our world, to keep the trains running within 15 minutes of the stated time.

I consider funneling addicts into appropriate programs to be an important facet of Harm Reduction. There's not an especially easy way to get the Truth about Methadone programs. The clinic says one thing, the fiend says another. If you want an honest appraisal of what the process actually entails, talk to me.