• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subs back to oxy

Ball-bag

Greenlighter
I have chronic pain issues for 6 years, been increasing meds for years but meds are making me very lazy, withdrawn from family and issues with wife. So 5 days ago I decided to go from about 270mg a day combination of oxy and OxyContin to subs on my own to see if I can handle the pain issues. I feel like a new Man mentally but physically I cant walk and suffering. Im also nurvious If I need to go to hospital for other health issues I have, what will I say to the docs. Im taking about 2mg of subs every 6-8 hours. How to I go back on pain meds safely. Can I just replace subs with OxyContin when I feel withdrawals. I really appreciate any help.

You can start taking oxycodone the next day you have dosed subs or even earlier.

I was on Suboxone ORT and get bad back pain so I needed to be switch back for oxycodone (Targin) for six months and they just started to give me Targin the day after my last Suboxone dose.

So far been off for subs 24 hours and I really feel fine. Matter-of-fact my pain is a lot better off of it. I dont know much about targin and why did you switch to that and not regular oxy. Thanks for the response. My ultimate goal is to get back to taking only when Im in extreme pain and not throughout the day.

This thread indicates sub is bad for pain. I wish more BL would share their experience with this. Thursday I discuss switching from 15 mg/day methadone to sub. Most research shows sub is actually great so far, but i've not chatted w/ many about this. Thanks!

I have found a good resource for all my sub questions---suboxforum!