• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone

Thatspookychick

Greenlighter
So I start suboxone treatment today. For pain management but also to get off the methadone and Norco I've been abusing for some years. I'd have like a good week or so where I'd snort up to 6-10mg methadone and swallow 6- 7.5/10mg norcos. Then I'd have nothing for 2 weeks and just stay clean, Ive been off the norcos for about a month now and the methadone its been over a week. I guess I say all this to say, I wanna experiment with the subs today and try and catch a buzz but also help with my chronic pain any way I can. Just looking for the recommended dose and any info someone might have for my situation.

I switched from methadone and fentanyl to suboxone and tapered that down.
I could take 8mg and not even feel it. Tolerance is a B. I never get high from suboxone

You're gonna have a very difficult time catching a buzz or pain relief from buprenorphine. Unless you have absolutely no tolerance.
The dosages they give addicts are huge & meant to keep your receptors saturated 24/7 so that you never "feel" your suboxone (which is stupid IMO). So the only way you'd be able to even achieve even a mild "buzz" or pain relief is by keeping your doses ultra low. I'm talking like 0.04mcg-2mg.

0.02mcg is equal to about 10mg morphine. So buprenorphine is roughly 40-50x more potent than morphine. But it's only a partial agonist, so it'll never offer the same kind of recreational or pain relieving effects as morphine.

Buprenorphine is a long acting drug. And it has a ceiling effect which generally maxes out at 24-32mg, but I believe it's variable for everyone.
So if you take 8mg one day & then the next day take another 8mg, you're gonna have 12mg floating around your system. And after a few more days of dosing, you'll hit that ceiling effect in no time. After that, no dose of bupenorphine will give you any effects whatsoever. Your receptors are basically all plugged up with buprenorphine & taking more won't do anything.

I'd say you probably just should have stuck with your methadone & norco's if you're looking for a buzz & pain relief. Because Suboxone isn't going to offer much of that & what it can offer is very limited & vanishes quickly. If you've never taken buprenorphine before, you might feel a mild mood lift & some sedation for the first few weeks. But I wouldn't call it a "buzz". There's some pain relief but nothing compared to a full agonist.

If I were you pookychick, I would listen to DeathIndustrial. He described Suboxone perfectly and verifies the buzz I used to get from Suboxone. I have taken buprenorophine for years in one form or the other from the sublingual tablets, strips, as well as the Sublocade injection.
My body became dependent on opiates after a knee injury while I was in the Army. I was on methadone for 9 years. My daily dose for 8 years was 160 mg and the last 12 months of the program, I decreased 10 mg per month until I was down to 30 mg. I was then referred to the my physician, who prescribed the rest of the methadone then over to buprenorphine/naloxone. I couldn’t even feel a couple Norco when I would “try and catch a buzz”. If you want to do that by the weekend, then I would suggest stopping the Suboxone ASAP. The half-life of the naloxone MAY end and be out of your system by the weekend if you stopped taking them this morning. Good luck to ya, Pooky!

At your level of tolerance and being clean completely for 1 week I can get off good on suboxone.

2 mg is alleged to provide the right ratio of norbupe (full agonist and metabolite) vs bupe.

I seem to be the outlier around here though in my appreciation of subs abuse potential

I say take 2 mg a day with other opiates, ime, it adds to the high at that dosage and it keeps you from waking up in complete withdrawal. I almost always mix my subs with my poppy pods, if I don’t I need WAY more pods to get high.

Take a the sub first, then the o5er opiates, never the other way, or you might get precipitated withdrawal.

I don’t think you’ll get high off the sub at all if you do it alone at your tolerance level, though I could be wrong