• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone

Binky7766

Bluelighter
Hello, has anyone had experience with withdrawal from suboxone? I only took the drug for 2 weeks and am now cold turkey. It’s been five days since my last dose & though the symptoms aren’t too severe, they are bad enough! Severe tension, agitation, impatient, muscles jerking, especially in bed, heart palpitations & finally, and worst of all, my depression is creeping back. I am taking Wellbutrin and hope that it will get me through this ride. I also take alprazolam and I’m hoping for the same. The jerking muscles have me a little bit nervous about going into a seizure. I’m afraid to drive. I don’t know, has anyone gone through Suboxone withdrawal after a brief period of time on the drug and what were your experiences? Any idea on how long this could last being that I only took the Suboxone for 2 weeks? I did not taper, fyi. Just cold turkey. Will things improve substantially now that I’m past the 5 day mark? A simple answer without too many technicalities would be helpful, as sometimes people’s responses go way over my head. Thank you!

Last edited:
How much were you taking? Were you dependent on opioids before taking it?
I was taking 16 mgs off the strip. I do have a history with opiates. I’ve tried methadone and pretty much all opiates, so I have a high tolerance. A couple of years ago I was hooked on Oxy following neck surgery and did a cold turkey withdrawal. I’m wondering if I should take a little piece of Suboxone strip today to settle this down, or stick with it where I am now & not take any. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

How much were you taking? Were you dependent on opioids before taking it?
I was taking 16 mgs off the strip. I do have a history with opiates. I’ve tried methadone and pretty much all opiates, so I have a high tolerance. A couple of years ago I was hooked on Oxy following neck surgery and did a cold turkey withdrawal. I’m wondering if I should take a little piece of Suboxone strip today to settle this down, or stick with it where I am now & not take any. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

16mg is a lot of sub man…and since you have a tolerance I would say spare yourself the drawn out misery and do a quick taper down to like .5-.25mg
So 16 mg being 2 strips, how much strip do you think I should take? And You think I should do a little something after five days of nothing? That wouldn’t set me back?

You will recover before long..luckily you were on them a short period of time. I was on em over 10 years and I'm almost at the 2 month off mark and I still feel like hammered shit. Worst of all is nothing really working yet as far as other opiates been using kratom for withdrawal and energy loss. Count yourself lucky you only used it that amount of time..it caused severe depression for me and total loss of happiness and only a few hours awake a day.

Also I did a quick taper from 40mg a day strait bupe to a few mg for a week or two then the last day I took 4mg or so then stopped and rode it out. Probably not the best idea but I was done with it.

You will recover before long..luckily you were on them a short period of time. I was on em over 10 years and I'm almost at the 2 month off mark and I still feel like hammered shit. Worst of all is nothing really working yet as far as other opiates been using kratom for withdrawal and energy loss. Count yourself lucky you only used it that amount of time..it caused severe depression for me and total loss of happiness and only a few hours awake a day.
Yup, makes me really sleepy. I felt pretty good on it initially, mentally. But of course, that didn’t last. That’s how it gets ya!

Also I did a quick taper from 40mg a day strait bupe to a few mg for a week or two then the last day I took 4mg or so then stopped and rode it out. Probably not the best idea but I was done with it.
Yep, as bad as withdrawing is, at least it’s gone and you won’t have to deal with it anymore. I completely understand the one thing just getting rid of it already!

Yeah man maybe take 1mg or less and then kick it. That alone should do wonders if u have gone this far

Yeah man maybe take 1mg or less and then kick it. That alone should do wonders if u have gone this far
But how do you take a milligram from an 8 mg strip? Just cut off a tiny piece? I wound up doing more than that yesterday because I wasn’t getting a comprehensive answer here. I’ll be talking to my doctor about it tomorrow.

You can do that, or dissolve the strip in a measured amount of water or vodka and take 1/8 the volume at a time.

Yeah just look at that 8mg strip and think of it as 2mg parts and cut equally..then cut one of those 2mg into 1mg. I really don't see any dr. Liking this idea bc they kinda want you to take 8mg or 16mg or even higher...it is terribly over prescribed all you or anyone needs is 4mg max in my opinion..but idk if I was coming off H(which I've never did before) I would probably shovel a whole 8mg down depends all on how my body is reacting an hour or 2 after the 1st dose.

I'm currently on 16 mgs of Suboxone and I dread the day when I come off of it. I was on 8 mgs in the past and I went off cold turkey and I had cold sweats, chills, nausea, weight loss, muscle pains and weakness and anxiety and depression for like two weeks, so I can only imagine what I'll be going through when I come off 16 mgs. But I definitely don't plan on doing it cold turkey again

I’ve been on Suboxone for years, managed to get from 16mgs down to 4mgs. Keep telling myself to toughen up and drop 2mg then another 2mgs but I’m dreading what everyone says about chills, sweats etc. So close yet it’s so far

Small steps .even if it's a quarter each month drop. Less likely to fail imo.

Gl

I’ve been on Suboxone for years, managed to get from 16mgs down to 4mgs. Keep telling myself to toughen up and drop 2mg then another 2mgs but I’m dreading what everyone says about chills, sweats etc. So close yet it’s so far
I really only felt the cold sweats and chills when I went cold turkey off of subs, you might feel a little bit, but you should be alright. You may feel the psychological symptoms more