• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

Hawaiian.Breeze

Greenlighter
I have been on Suboxone for over 5 years (before that, I was in Heroin for 5 years).

Last year, I was talking 16 mg, now I've weaned myself down to 1.25 mg. It's getting harder as I get closer to being done. I'm super scared. I don't want to gu through withdrawl again, 5 years away from a time where I was in heavy withdrawl twice a week. Just thinking about it is traumatizing.

But, I have to do this. I don't want my past to follow me around any longer.

So, how hard is it going to be? I need to prep myself. Is it going to keep getting harder with every cut down? Is it going to be awful for WEEKS after the very last one? I have the ability to take a week off work and get a hotel room and just smoke a ton of weed. Should I do that right away? I heard somewhere it's the second week off of it that is the worst. Should I wait till then to take off work? Any suggestions on how to get through this?

I'm sorry, I know I sound like a baby, but I have a lot of PTSD from terrible things that Valente to me during withdrawl other than the withdrawl itself, and I'm worried it will trigger all that stuff.

Thanks for reading this, and in advance for your help

I have no experience with subs but I have read on here that the lower you can taper the better it will be. 1,25 is a very low dose but can you get lower? Maybe to .05 ?

The jump off will be difficult as you have been taking it for 5 years daily and has become part of who you are. I would imagine the mental aspects will be a bit more than the physical ones. Sure, you might feel like crap for a couple of weeks but how are you going to cope when the subs are gone and you are craving something ?

Can you be strong enough not to relapse? Getting off all substances is the easy part. The hard work is staying off of them. I would go through 10 physical WD's if only I could eliminate that one total mind fuck that comes when our brains are totally devoid of any altering chemicals. All the stuff that the subs have been helping will come flooding back tenfold. You will have to be really really committed to do this.

Many people do get off the suboxone but you just have to have the after care set up and do it. Make a plan on how you are going to live your daily life once you have to face it totally sober. I didn't do well when I jumped off the opies. I was still too depressed and anxious. I had to get on kratom and I have maintained on that for almost 3 years. I do wish you strength and the best of luck.

I have been on Suboxone for over 5 years (before that, I was in Heroin for 5 years).

Last year, I was talking 16 mg, now I've weaned myself down to 1.25 mg. It's getting harder as I get closer to being done. I'm super scared. I don't want to gu through withdrawl again, 5 years away from a time where I was in heavy withdrawl twice a week. Just thinking about it is traumatizing.

So, how hard is it going to be? I need to prep myself. Is it going to keep getting harder with every cut down? Is it going to be awful for WEEKS after the very last one? I have the ability to take a week off work and get a hotel room and just smoke a ton of weed. Should I do that right away? I heard somewhere it's the second week off of it that is the worst. Should I wait till then to take off work? Any suggestions on how to get through this?

I'm sorry, I know I sound like a baby, but I have a lot of PTSD from terrible things that Valente to me during withdrawl other than the withdrawl itself, and I'm worried it will trigger all that stuff.

If you can get easy Kratom that is the think i would do.Five years is much.But for sure can be transfere to that and may be even feel better without much harm on you.and your dose is low.May try to abstain fully.Or get some Gabas.Congrats that you lower your dose so significantly.Have a nice holyday and good luck

Hey and welcome!

So currently I’m down to around .875mg and trying to continue to drop before I ever finally get off. I suggest you continue to taper as even 1mg is still an unexpectedly strong dose.

With Suboxone tapering it doesn’t get difficult until you start to get under 2mg, then every little drop is often felt. 1mg buprenorphine is equal to 20-40mg oxycodone.

I’ve gotten as low as .5mg and tried to jump off but it was still too rough. Maybe Im just weak but I’m trying to get to .125-.25mg before I try again. Then I’ll use an Iboga extract to help with the final push off.

Remember in the end this life is better than your old one, if you feel yourself possibly heading towards a relapse, stabilize and/or slightly raise your dose of buprenorphine before doing anything you truly regret.

If you ever need to chat, message me. This is a road I’ve been walking down longer than I care to admit, at times I wonder if the bupe was the right choice but what’s done is done and now I gotta pick up the pieces.

-GC

Just curious.. why are you quitting? Doing so both increases your risk of relapse and your chance of dying if there is a relapse. I don't mean to discourage you if you have your mind set on it, just making sure you know.

As for severity, its hard to say because everybody is different, but it certainly isn't going to easy. 10 years is no joke. It could take up to 5 days for the withdrawal to peak, and it will certainly go on for a while after that. Its hard to know what to suggest in this situation... I guess my best advice would be to taper as slow as possible. No need to rush. And I would go down to as small a dose as possible. 0.5mg then 0.25gm, even 0.1mg would help soften the blow.

I've tried to quit suboxone a number of times and I've never been successful... :(

Just curious.. why are you quitting? Doing so both increases your risk of relapse and your chance of dying if there is a relapse. I don't mean to discourage you if you have your mind set on it, just making sure you know.

As for severity, its hard to say because everybody is different, but it certainly isn't going to easy. 10 years is no joke. It could take up to 5 days for the withdrawal to peak, and it will certainly go on for a while after that. Its hard to know what to suggest in this situation... I guess my best advice would be to taper as slow as possible. No need to rush. And I would go down to as small a dose as possible. 0.5mg then 0.25gm, even 0.1mg would help soften the blow.

I've tried to quit suboxone a number of times and I've never been successful... :(
I look at it as if you can’t take heroin wd then the longer sub wd will be hell, I can get through the worst of a cold turkey but it’s the following weeks of just not feeling right, not sick, but just not right that always makes me fail

Hi Nurse R., just curious how much kratom you use daily?
Hi back atcha. I use approx 22 grams per day. 3-4-4-4-7. Lately i have been cutting out the 3rd 4 gram dose i take.

Starts with 3 with my morning coffee. Then 3 more after breakfast. ( 9ish ) 4 more at around 1 and then sometimes 4 at 4ish then last dose is 7 to sleep.

My recommendation is to reduce by 10% every time you reduce, rather than solid increments like 0.25mg at a time. As you get lower and lower, 10% is less and less of a reduction. The reason it gets harder below 2mg is because 2mg is the point at which your receptors are saturated, and more basically is just increasing the duration. But the reason it gets harder lower than that is because a small reduction in dosage is a larger and larger percentage of your total dose. At 1.25mg, taking 0.25mg off the dose is 20% of your dose. If you're taking 1mg, dropping 0.25mg is dropping 25% of your total dose. If you're at 0.5mg, 0.25mg is 50% of your dose. So, if you're at 1.25mg, a 10% drop will be 0.125mg... so dropping 10% means you would drop down to 1.125mg. Then dropping 10% more of that is 1.1025mg. And so on. As you drop lower and lower, it will take longer and longer. But 10% drops mean you will not suffer very much, if at all. And you'll eventually get there. Once you get down to a very low dose, you'll have a much higher chance of success once you jump off completely. Granted, it will still cause withdrawal, but the withdrawal will be milder and less long-lasting.

As you make reductions in dose, you might feel under the weather at first, but make sure you're only dropping enough so that you still aren't feeling in danger of relapsing, and you can still function. Wait until you feel fully stable and fine on the new dose for a few days at least, before dropping again.

Remember that pain patients who were not previously addicted to opioids are given as little as 0.3mg for their pain dose. Bupe is an extremely potent drug.

I recently got a bupe prescription after bouncing back and forth between opioids and illicitly obtained bupe for the past 2 years. I tried tapering much too fast the last time I got bupe, and 2 days after jumping off of 0.5mg (I dropped from 2mg to 0.5mg in 10 days), I found myself relapsing again. So I finally decided to get a prescription. I debate with myself whether it was the right choice, but my work doesn't allow me 2 weeks to curl into the fetal position and do nothing. And now I feel stable and content, so bupe it is.

For sure wd from longactingbstuff like this is very hard,but people change it to kratom or even tramadol....xhangin'fent or methadone to this seems(kratom or trams/dhc) me much more difficult

I have come off Subs before after being on them for a few years. What worked for me was getting some Kratom, the kratom just took off the edge enough that the WD was very manageable. The Kratom also helped me actually get sleep at night also (as you prob know sleeping at night with WD is almost impossible normally).. I also went out at night to the bars and just get a nice mild drunk which took my mind of the WD for a few hours and also helped me sleep. If you can get some Etizolam or Xanax I would suggest a small handful as those will help you during the worst days with the restless legs and creepy crawly skin feeling..

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Just my experience and opinions. I hope you can pull it off. Good luck to you bud.