• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

No it doesn't, although it could make it less stimulating.

My boyfriend does meth AND sub strips together 2 or 3 times a month. When he does he gets so high for 2 or 3 days and will not shut up talking! You can't get a word in, it drives me crazy!! Then he starts nodding off on the 2nd or 3rd day which is even worse! He finally crashes and sleeps for as many days as he was up. So no....it does not block meth. His DOC is opiates and was on methadone for 30 yrs give or take. He kicked it after going to jail for a short stint. He now only does sub strips 2 or 3 times a month and he gets his fix when he mixes it with meth. I am only a meth user and have never done heroine or opiates except when in the hospital having a baby. I do not like it that he does opiates. I have never been with anyone who uses opiates. So I have a lot of questions about opiates and people who use them. I do not always think he is being honest with me about what he is doing.....like is he doing H and not telling me, or is he only doing sub strips like he says. I wouldnt know the difference.

Do suboxone block a meth high?

When I was on stable dose of buprenorphine I never felt that it blocked amphethamines (amphetamine racemic aks speed and cocaine...I never had the opportunity to try crystal meth and I think that is a blessing for me). It may have lessen the effects a bit, as buprenorphine is a narcotic/sedative, but I never felt it as I was tolerant to buprenorphine.

I do not always think he is being honest with me about what he is doing.....like is he doing H and not telling me, or is he only doing sub strips like he says. I wouldnt know the difference.

If he has lost his tolerance to opioids and uses them few times a month than you could not tell a difference between suboxone/buprenorphine and H. Especially if you haven't used opioids yourself. You could tell if he used suboxone by the duration of effects.If you are with him whole day from morning till night and his pupils are constricted (miosis) than it is probably Suboxone as H has a shorter duration of action. You can have constricted pupils for 2 days if you take a big dose of Suboxone and have low tolerance.

nope ur good ive smoked ounces of meth on suboxone :p was MY FAV HIGH WITH 4 MG K-PIN :) PEACE