• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
So I have been taking 1/4th four times a day for a weak and a half. Then I did as my nurse asked and took four mg of the film. I noticed that I got a slim opiate buzz from it. I?m not taking it to get high but it does feel nice when you?ve hadn?t had any Norco in two weeks. So my total dosage I?m supposed to take is 8 mg a day.

So I was wondering how long does the opiate type of depression lift last until it kinda just does what it?s supposed to do. I was doing any opiate I could get my hands on and my cravings where going to get me kicked out of my house. So I did what I thoug was best until I started into the more harder stuff.

I feel ashamed to be asking this because it defeats the whole purpose of getting on track. I?m still at about six mg a day. I notice if I take a four mg film in the morning I?ll get a buzz for about three hours but if I redone I feel nothing. So I guess the lower I stay. Try to focus on other things rather than euphoria I should be ok.

Does the ceiling effect go away about two weeks into it?

Lower dose (>4-mg) will possibly get you high, as you have found. Tolerance may catch up, it may not. Buprenorphine is a relatively potent opioid, the ceiling dose (dose at which no more does anything pharmacologically) doesn't really change, tolerance does. Ceiling is about 12-mg in my opinion, but some very heavy habits benefit above that, so maybe it's more like 24 - 32mg as the manufacturer indicated in its FDA app for approval.

But really as far as getting an effect, that "ceiling" is about as you've found.

If you really wish to get your life together, or whatever your more sober goals are, take the full dose all at once, everyday.

At 8-mg, properly absorbed sublingually, you will not feel much if anything, and if you do it'll fade.

You'll likey get antidepressant, craving killing, and possibly even energizing effects at 8-mg.

In short - you may or may not continue getting a buzz at 4-mg, lower doses maybe more so believe it or not. But please, don't do that. Though, if you're going to get off on an opioid buprenorphine is relatively safe and you'll be just like those on medium does of methadone. Still able to get off on opioid or choice. And still prone to an OD if mixed with benzos / alcohol, etc... I've seen it myself. Very difficult OD to manage. Narcan does jack shit to bupe involved ODs. I've seen it. Very up close.

Use the 8-mg, 6-mg minimum all at once.

Follow the doctors orders. It will serve you best.

You do not need anything more than 8-mg and it would likely change nothing.

There's advanced discussion of all this in the Suboxone mega-thread (s). It gets technical, but also broken down for regular folks who don't know pharmacology.

English not you native language? Just curious, not a criticism.

Best.

P.S. Methadone, then buprenorphine helped me save my own life. They're the top shelf treatments for stubborn, addicted individuals. I believe it should be used more liberally.

Edit: fix errors

Took eight this morning. Ugh had a bad ptsd nightmare last night. So I wake up this morning anxious. Took the whole film. Within twenty minutes I don’t feel euphoria but an incredible leap of depression lifting. No high. Just feeling like I was on some sort of potent AD that actually works.

I like that feeling more than the dopiate high. Thank you doctors for actually making something that treats addiction greatly. I thought it was me. But I live in a environment where I can get Norco pretty much whenever. But I have had no desire really. Just the couple times it has wrought and tried to pull me under. Thankfully the strips don’t get you high. There more an anti depressant than anything else.

You medication making you feel good means it is working, there is nothing to feel ashamed of about this. After about two-four weeks of daily dosing you will lose a lot of the initial buzz, but if you keep the dosage low (1-2mg once or twice a day) you should still catch a nice mood lift. Higher dosages of buprenorphine actually seem counter productive for some people, but I’d suggest experimenting and doing what works well for you.

Because you taking strips, before you dose brush your teeth and wash your mouth out with Listerine before popping in the strip. The ethanol in the Listerine will “prime” you sublingual membrane and help increase BA a bit and help the strip dissolve almost instantly. This is how sublingual buprenorphine should be taken.

The ceiling affect doesn’t go away though. If anything, as you become more tolerant it will only get stronger, particularly if you are using moderate to higher dosages. What do you mean by ceiling affect though? That really just means that taking more of the drug past a certain point (generally around 24mg) wont increase subjective effects. For many people the ceiling is more like 8-16mg though. What did you mean when you asked about this though?

Ceiling I thought meant where it gives a slight buzz but if you up the dosage it wouldn’t increase the buzz. Just more side effects.

One thing I’ve noticed with subs is they have a lot of side effects to them. I woke up this morning with eight mg under my younger. Noticed I was getting energy but no opiate buzz which I liked. Now it’s about twelve where I’m at and the energy has wore off and now I’m back down to like I wish I could make that energy last all day.

So I know when the docs where giving my sixteen mg that was overkill. But I see what they where trying to prevent. From me craving and relapsing into opiate usage again. So I guess next month I’ll talk to them and see if I can get back on sixteen. That way I’m killing the cravings and not using buffering packages as a last resort. BecUse you always want to do as the doc says in order to get better.

Sub side effects

When do the side effects go away. I have moderate to mild chest tightness and I still get headaches but not as often. I no longer nod in the morning. I?m just wondering. I think I?m going to set up a appt with my pcp and see what?s going on with my chest. Maybe I?m just OCDing it but I notice every time I increase the dosage I get chest tightness.

Now this would freak anyone out. I?m down to .125 four times a day of klonopin and the Sub doc is really pushing me to be off of klonopin. And I understand why too. I just hope I?m not trading one addiction for another. I love gabapentin but it?s my only recourse to having no klonopin.

So abusing that is no longer an option plus I don?t want to abuse drugs anymore. I?m just trying to get my life back on track.

its such a subective question mate - i personally couldn't supply, you with an answer.
do you mean coming off of subs or stabilising, increasing or tapering btw man?

i never used to nod at all on subs apart from the first two times - and yh
best see a dR. re.: whag1 with your chest..༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
p.s.: sub threads merged