• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

SnackSpace

Greenlighter
Is it just me or does suboxone seem like it has more side effects then opiate pain pills and/or heroin? For someone with a medium size tolerance to opiates can you get high off of it or is it just boring? I see these all of the time, they just never interested me.

If you have a decent tolerance, then suboxone will likely not get you very high, but that all depends on what you consider a 'medium size tolerance'. If that means 40-60mg of oxycodone, then yeah, subs will probably get you floored. If you mean IV'ing 15mg of oxymorphone in a sitting, you'll be lucky if suboxone does anything for you. Basically, Buprenorphine has the agonist equivalency of 30-40mg of methadone (at it's ceiling dose, the level where after-which further dosing will yield no more opiate effects or CNS depression). So if 30mg of methadone has you feeling really high, then subs will likely get you high as well. Strangely, IME, with no tolerance, Buprenorphine would keep me higher for much longer then methadone. I could take 4mg and still be nodding out 48 hours later. However, that was years ago when I really had NO tolerance.

Anyway, this has been discussed a million times on blue light. I'm going to move it over to BDD.

lol this is what the typical "moderate" user would say.

Suboxone does NOT have more side effects than your typical opiates; also, you are scripted your Suboxone; not sure about you, but I was a raging heroin addict and paid up to $200/day for my fix, so nowadays I pay $100/mo for my whole script. things have gotten much easier over time and same goes for health and overall well-being, looks, etc.

youre not going to get high of Suboxone; I wish I was one of those lucky people myself but for any ex-addict its not a drug to use to get "high". its a drug you use to save your fucking ass before you end up w/ a grave stone; or at least the way I see it and w/ how I used.

they may not interest you yet because you are not spending your entire bank account on your pills or whatever it is you do. you are not ruining your life and seeing your family fall apart infront of you because of the pain you bring them. but ONCE THAT HAPPENS, because it is very likely to eventually happen if you keep up, you will see why Suboxone might be a good drug for you.

good luck either way.

i have not used opiates in a LONG time, so tolerance for me is next to zero, and i swear, i was insanely higher than fuk off of 2mg! then again super high off 1mg, as well i am drinking lots of quinine, taking a few tagament, clonidine, naproxen, and benadryl. but dam! these 8mg strips will last me a while. especially if i keep drinking quinine and taking tagament!

I'm on soboxnes myself I've been in the drug game for years bouncing back and fourth.Soboxne is a great drug to use for a buzz if your not hooked,but remeber like using any drug without taken breaks the buzz will go away.I run out every month a week early.Because of the half life I'd use it a couple times a week in order for you to continue that buzz...Hope this helps you out

Yeah, suboxone only got me high when I had been off all opiates for quite sometime and my tolerance had diminished, which meant having to cold turkey for a little while. Otherwise, if I am just using it coming straight off a habit, it just makes me feel normal, not sick, and withdrawal relief. Same with using it for maintenance. It just keeps me normal.

I would say it has different but not necessarily more side effects. People certainly can abuse it but tend to agree that heavy, long term users wont feel much from it. If its keeping you feeling normal, continue until you are ready to stop it, too.

I would say it has different but not necessarily more side effects. People certainly can abuse it but tend to agree that heavy, long term users wont feel much from it. If its keeping you feeling normal, continue until you are ready to stop it, too.
EXACTLY!

I am down to 4MG and in no rush to get off because it keeps me away from the "bad" and staying "good". so no need to play around.