• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone with no opiate tolerance

mj295

Greenlighter
So Tuesday night, I stupidly thought I could take bup for pain that I was feeling. Ibuprofen usually does the trick but for some reason it wasn?t working. I already knew that percs wouldn?t work since I?ve tried before, but I needed to try something stronger not knowing how much stronger bup really was.

So 9:30 pm I take 2mg of the strip not realizing how much it really was. I was just watching tv and it didn?t do anything for the pain. 2 hours later I get up to go to bed and notice my head was extremely congested. Didn?t even feel high or euphoric. Just massive pressure in my head and slightly naseous from it. Never threw up which was odd since I read other threads on here of people taking bup with no tolerance. Went to sleep that night and I woke up every hour. Don?t think I really slept much. Was really hard when it was time to wake up to stay up.

Got out of bed Wednesday and tried to go to work at 1. Being on my feet made all the blood rush from much head. I was even more dizzy and still a TINY bit sick to my stomach. I know my anxiety was making it even worse. I walked out and went to the hospital. All they did was blood work was fine and gave me and IV. It only feels ok when I?m laying down so I wasn?t that sick in bed but when I had to get up to move around it was almost like instantly passing out.

Thursday I?m off so I layed around all day. I don?t know what got into me but I got up and started cleaning in the afternoon. I felt completely fine though. Not much dizziness as it came in waves, no sickness.

Friday. Feel ok waking up and going to work. Mid day, I feel the blood rush from my head again and get EXTREMELY dizzy and fuzzy and my whole head feels likes it?s gonna explode. It was the day from hell and last night was 72 hrs from the initial dose of bup. I was soo paranoid to sleep. I stayed away til maybe 4 am til I couldn?t anymore.

Woke up around noon today (est). Felt ok. Got up, got ready to go to work and my head started to get fuzzy. Face going a little numb. Ears feel clogged and throat feels tight. Thought I was maybe getting sick but I would have woken up feeling that way. It only gets bad when I start moving around. My head doesn?t feel like it?s gonna explode when it?s on a pillow. Tonight is gonna be the 4th night since taking it. I understand bup has a long half life but to still be affected this long after? Even with no tolerance. Last time I took any kind of opiate was months and months ago and it was only once. Which I still find really weird that I didn?t have the urge to throw up once or came close to it. How can I differentiate from feeling like shit from that or something being wrong. How much longer should I give it for this stuff to be out of my system. It feels good waking up because I?m clear headed and then my day and night turns to hell. This was the worst experience ever smh didn?t even get any type of high from it either. I just wanna feel clear again

Hey mj, welcome to Bluelight! You might just be sensitive to buprenorphine or the naloxone that's in suboxone. I take it you've never used this drug before but after the second day, I would think the side effects would dissipate. 2 mg is too big a dose for pain relief- actually it would be prescribed in micrograms for pain. What made you think Percocet wouldn't work?

Your symptoms of dizziness, ears clogged and throat irritation may be an illness unrelated to the suboxone from Tuesday night. Lack of sleep can leave you feeling poorly as well. Make sure you are eating healthy and getting enough fluids. I hope you start feeling better soon. :)

Yeah 0.5mg is probably a good tester, certainly no more than 1mg
(microgram formulations have improved BA% in fairness(AFAIK) although you can imitate that by simply dissolving in liquid, in which case, 0.5mg is certainly an analgesic dose(at least a start, they make 200mcg tablets, though that's a tad low, really, because they misunderstand how to properly convert buprenorphine) if your not opioid dependent / the fact it has a shallow depot effect demonstrates this, 50% doesn't mean it's half as strong, as IV, which is EXPONENTIALLY MORE POTENT- peak plasma at least 10-15x higher vs sublingual (20-50% BA, it varies) and buprenorphine has a decent onset, though somewhat delayed peak, it can take 2-3hrs to teach maximum effect- Anyway, enough info, just thourough, or weird-who knows, ??? Is my name, after all- though to conclude, buprenorphine is highly potent ofnyourbopioid naive or have a low tolerance