• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Suboxone with 100% concurrent herion use, now what?!

Yes, I'm (was) wasting a shitload of Heroin, but as for me it's a path to be clean, and I've been clean before, I don't care about wasting it or any previous hight once I'm clean. So I'd rather waste it and try then get high without trying.
update, can't sleep I have hot flashes and night sweats, all else is good.

oh, and i've had the talk with my son about getting real help---he says he wants to stop, but that he's "just not ready right now" and told me himself, "if you know you're not ready...then nothing will work"- which is true--so why the hell isn't he ready?? makes no sense to me because he says he gets no high from it- it's just to keep him from getting sick. so why keep being a slave to that shit??? i don't get it
Does he have a legitimate script for suboxone, if so whats the problem? Being on Suboxone is much better than being on heroin sir.

Yes, I'm (was) wasting a shitload of Heroin, but as for me it's a path to be clean, and I've been clean before, I don't care about wasting it or any previous hight once I'm clean. So I'd rather waste it and try then get high without trying.
update, can't sleep I have hot flashes and night sweats, all else is good.
Maybe you didnt understand what I was getting at...Why do you need to take Subs and H at the same time? You only need one or the other, what am i missing here?

Dude u need to pick one or the other, your not getting the max effect out of either drug using them together like that. I know I sound preachy but for real, stop. Do dope and when ur sick take ur sub, but try not to keep switching back n forth, your tolerance is going to fucking skyrocket and in my experience, the suboxone will stop being effective. I'm not a doctor and have no medical knowledge to back this up, but this is my first hand experience.. Subs used to work great for my except I still had cravings, in inevitably I would get high later in the evening when u felt my subs wearing off, then take subs when I was sick the next am and so on.. I did this do many times I actually think I fucked up the way my body reacts to suboxone and can no longer take it. Additionally I have myself a huge huge tolerance to both drugs. Now I have to wait like 30 hours after my last hit if dope to take a sub, or I get super super sick. And on top of it subs now only take the edge off my withdrawl. So basically by doing what your doing I ruined one of the best medications available for myself. Now I'm on methadone, as I really have no other options, but trust me, if I could take it back and not fuck up and be on subs instead, I would in a heartbeat. Pls be careful, suboxone is a very strong and new drug.

*I haven't done dope for over 48 hours
ahh, I deleted everything editing... In a nut shell I did the dope because it made the subs work much better, with out the H (now) I have minor WD on 16mg of Sub.... Should I take more? If I wait it out how long till I feel good on just the sub?

Last edited:
Dude u need to pick one or the other, your not getting the max effect out of either drug using them together like that. I know I sound preachy but for real, stop. Do dope and when ur sick take ur sub, but try not to keep switching back n forth, your tolerance is going to fucking skyrocket and in my experience, the suboxone will stop being effective. I'm not a doctor and have no medical knowledge to back this up, but this is my first hand experience.. Subs used to work great for my except I still had cravings, in inevitably I would get high later in the evening when u felt my subs wearing off, then take subs when I was sick the next am and so on.. I did this do many times I actually think I fucked up the way my body reacts to suboxone and can no longer take it. Additionally I have myself a huge huge tolerance to both drugs. Now I have to wait like 30 hours after my last hit if dope to take a sub, or I get super super sick. And on top of it subs now only take the edge off my withdrawl. So basically by doing what your doing I ruined one of the best medications available for myself. Now I'm on methadone, as I really have no other options, but trust me, if I could take it back and not fuck up and be on subs instead, I would in a heartbeat. Pls be careful, suboxone is a very strong and new drug.
This is interesting. I've been using suboxone for the past 2 years and just recently started using heroin here and there, skipping days of suboxone. So far I havnt noticed any signs of the subs "not working anymore"... Normally I wait 24hrs both ways, 24hrs to use after subs, and 24hrs before I take my sub. For me this way has worked great, I havnt had any problems yet. However, I don't use more than 1 day every week, thats kinda my rule. Maybe thats why I've managed to be okay. Anyway, That sucks to hear you had to go to methadone (Never again will I do that drug). Methadone just stays in your body so fuckin long and takes forever for the withdrawals to go away, literally.

Because no matter how much Sub I took, it only took away 85% of WD, better than nothing, but when I shot dope on top of it, I hardly felt the dope, but was at 100% and felt like a million bucks.
Anyways, I have taken dope for 48 hours. Today I am tired from not sleeping, my legs hurt so bad, and I'm having hot and cold flashes; I took 16mg of suboxone today? Is it possisble I need more after screwing with my self so bad? Or do I have to just ride it out? Is there any otc med that wil help?
and thank you for all your responces, and trust me, I know how dumb it was what I did.
I have never heard of suboxone not being able to stop withdrawals, this is new to me...

It's totally pointless to shoot dope of top of subs if your tryin to get clean. Your actually raising your tolerance. Just skip the subs and shoot the dope alone. Save the subs for when you're really serious about it.
If you've taken 16 and still feel shitty u could try and take one more, but your approaching the ceiling and soon more wont matter. I think u just need to tough it out. It will be easier tomorrow, then even easier the next day.

I think that the reason I fucked myself up with subs is cuz I was, like a dumbass, taking both in the same day. I would wake up, take my suboxone, then a few hours later finally get a hold of some dope and do that too.
Eventually when I started having to wait a long time before taking subs so I wouldn't go into precipitated withdrawl I would mes and up take subs to early, then immediately go buy dope to remedy it. So basically just ended doing what time dude is doing and using both subs and dope in the same 12 he time span, alllll the time. And idk if its just that I made my tolerance sky rocket, but subs seriously do not work anymore. Now I'm at the point where is rather withdraw cold turkey than take a suboxone. When I went to detox my dr didn't believe me, and rated me on the cows scale, said I was def. ready to be induced with suboxone, took it, and then got sooooo sick, like i tried to tell him happensa every time now. So I ended up coming back a few days later a doin a methadone detox. Then fucked up again, and just got on methadone maintenance which I swear to god, literally saved my life. Yea I wish subs worked for me, but I would be face down in the gutter right now, or in prison ( I'm on felony probation ) if I hadn't gotten on mmtp. So all in all I'm grateful something worked for me.

This is interesting. I've been using suboxone for the past 2 years and just recently started using heroin here and there, skipping days of suboxone. So far I havnt noticed any signs of the subs "not working anymore"... Normally I wait 24hrs both ways, 24hrs to use after subs, and 24hrs before I take my sub. For me this way has worked great, I havnt had any problems yet. However, I don't use more than 1 day every week, thats kinda my rule. Maybe thats why I've managed to be okay. Anyway, That sucks to hear you had to go to methadone (Never again will I do that drug). Methadone just stays in your body so fuckin long and takes forever for the withdrawals to go away, literally.

I think your okay, I was doing it was more frequently and stupidly.
I think that the reason I fucked myself up with subs is cuz I was, like a dumbass, taking both in the same day. I would wake up, take my suboxone, then a few hours later finally get a hold of some dope and do that too.
Eventually when I started having to wait a long time before taking subs so I wouldn't go into precipitated withdrawl I would mes and up take subs to early, then immediately go buy dope to remedy it. So basically just ended doing what time dude is doing and using both subs and dope in the same 12 he time span, alllll the time. And idk if its just that I made my tolerance sky rocket, but subs seriously do not work anymore. Now I'm at the point where is rather withdraw cold turkey than take a suboxone. When I went to detox my dr didn't believe me, and rated me on the cows scale, said I was def. ready to be induced with suboxone, took it, and then got sooooo sick, like i tried to tell him happensa every time now. So I ended up coming back a few days later a doin a methadone detox. Then fucked up again, and just got on methadone maintenance which I swear to god, literally saved my life. Yea I wish subs worked for me, but I would be face down in the gutter right now, or in prison ( I'm on felony probation ) if I hadn't gotten on mmtp. So all in all I'm grateful something worked for me.

Hi all, I don't know how to answer to any of the issues but I know that I just got out of detox 3 weeks ago and was on the subs at 8mg a day and for some reason I decided to get high and see if I could. I did and I did get high on H... I waited a couple of days and decided that I could do it every week just once a week and I would be ok but the once a week turned into everyday :( so now for a week I have been using about a 1/2 G of H and taking my suboxone everyday too. I'm not going to use H the rest of the week bc I have a pee test coming up on Friday and I have to be clean or I won't get anymore suboxone. IDK what tomorrow will bring... I'm hoping that I have not messed up the effect of the subs and that I will not go into w/d when the dope leaves me body over the next couple of days... Am I scared? YES! I'm so scared that I am going to go thru the w/d. Anyone care to comment on what they think will happen over the next couple of days without the H?

2 or 3 days after last H if you keep takng the subs you WIIL feel ok - maybe you're one of those that need a big dose upto 24mg a day at first but really 16mg a day should be good once you're stable - those first couple of days adjusting can be rough - but they're nothing to full withdrawals

If you wanna get on subs only. stop what you are doing right now and take 16mg Tommorrow morning take 16 mg..every morning take 16mg. You will stop heroin as its as good as garbage at that point.u are fucking yourself with this half in/half out shit..If you truely want to get off heroin, take enough suboxone to full saturate your brain..

There is a reason why docs prescribe high doses..we know the euphoria ceiling hits pretty low..the high doses are not there to get you higher, they are there to keep you from using street opiates.

I was stuck on subs for a long time, became hella depressed and started using H allot. I only had one case of precipitated withdrawal. That was after months of concurrent use, but holy god that day sucked. I remember getting picked up by a buddy after snorting a sawbuck, and half way to our destination I had him drive me back to get more suboxone. None of my friends were junkies and I just tried to tough it out with sweating to the point of looking like I just out of the shower, clothes dripping. This was worse than withdrawals imo.

Suboxone treatment can really suck but at the end of the day I still think its the best option to get clean. If I could do it anyone can. Best of luck.

Hi guys! Long-time visitor, but first time posting... So Hesher; your Suboxone dose is WAY too low to be of much help to you (considering the amount of H used). You have to start out on a super high dose on subs, unfortunately, in your case.

This is why you are still getting w/d's. At the clinic I go to almost everybody starts at 16 mg daily (8 in the morning and 8 at night).

I found myself addicted to fentanyl and struggled with the same issue. I did about 6 $10 bags (of what turned out to be fentanyl) daily. I don't know what that would equate to in H, but I know that it's a lot.

I have a spinal cord injury, so I'm always in pain. While suboxone only works for about 45 mins after each dose for pain, if you take it more often, you would get more relief.

I know you don't want to be taking a lot of subs, but that's what you have to do in the beginning to give yourself a fighting chance at this.

Another thing, you should try and replace your needle routine with something else. You could take a piece of your 8 mg strip instead of every time you would cook and prep everything for a shot. You also should do something else that you like doing at the same time as you take the strip. It looks like it's mostly about the ritual with the H, because subs block out the neurochemical impact of H. It's like the placebo effect for the most part at this point. So if you could find a new ritual, that should help.

Honestly, if I were you, I would check myself into some kind of detox, but you mentioned that your job has a lot of bearing on the way you do this, so that may not be an option.

Unfortunately getting clean is never convenient and often requires destruction even of the only things that seemed to be functioning right in your life.

Best of luck to you in fighting the good fight.

Unfortunately getting clean is never convenient and often requires destruction even of the only things that seemed to be functioning right in your life.

Best of luck to you in fighting the good fight.

One of the sad and inconvenient truths of getting sober that is almost never acknowledged.