• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone tolerance

M902403

Greenlighter
I've been steadily decreasing for the past 3 months down from 16mgs of suboxone, to 8mgs in one jump, a couple weeks later, I jumped from 8mgs to 6, and another week later 6 to 4mgs and finally down to 2mgs where I have been at for a week. How long until I stabilize? Also how long until my tolerance to opioids lowers from all the decreasing?

I would say stop taking in another week and opiate tolerance should lower imo in 2-6 months i mean id notice a difference a day or 2 after using 2mg suboxone is comparable to a .6 a day heroin habit or something around there

Jesus that's the thing that scares me, i was not n
ever warned when going on suboxone the physical dependency, even if euphoria lacking, would ever be an issue.

When I was taking it the jump from 16mg to 8mg wasn't noticed. I jumped directly from 8mg to 2mg and didn't notice many problems. The jump from 2mg to nothing was the big jump that took a solid two weeks before I was over the flu-like effects. I'd say a further 3 months before I felt normal mentally. In retrospect I wish I would have tapered slower down to 1mg or 0.5mg before jumping off cold.

I wasn't on the stuff very long (2-3 months). For someone that's been on it for longer I imagine it'd be harder to jump off at 2mg. I did find it easier 2mg of suboxone than I did 10-20mg of methadone. If you taper slow you can make this more manageable but there is no getting around the final jump to nothing. You're going to feel bad and it's best to plan around that week or two of feeling like shit when possible. A big reason why I stayed on methadone for so long was due to not being able to take the week or more off of work.