• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone to methadone

Yes for me too. And I am wondering is/has it partly been because many opioids are like SSRI/SNRIs or befofe I assumed my opioid system has just been dysregulated from buperty or age of 15-16. But I am now thinking serotonin also might play a minor role (but it has never ever been helpful on its own - none of the SSRIs without opioidergic activity have ever helped for anything).

Buprenorphine, methadone, tramadol and tianeptine has worked very good for me. And still they are the opioids that work best for me. And those are also the opioids that increase serotonin the most. Oxycontin and codeini I like very well too but they have never been functional aids for me. On the other hand, especiallly Tramadol helps in that regard very much. Also buprenorphine, Methadone and Tianeptine work.

I am now asking about Methadone and Tramadol interaction. Has anyone used Tramadol with Methadone? Will serotonin be an issue? Or how long would would you wait till dosing Tramadol after Methadone? Tramadol has so short half-life that you can dose whatever 24h after it but Methadone has more variable&long half-life even though I suspect I am fast metabolizer of it..
I think the biggest issue here would be methadone blocking the tramadol. It doesn't function like antagonist like bupe does, but it is quite potent & will jack your tolerance up. And because of that, taking tramadol with methadone might not work very well. But it also can depend on how much methadone you're taking.

If you're sensitive to serotonin, I'd just take the tramadol by itself.

Nucynta worked incredible; tramadol does nothing much for me; kratom works too.
I would be wary of tramadol as you may need a big dose ala 200mg at a time to even feel it.