• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone to methadone

Spinderella13

Greenlighter
so I've got a quick slightly lame question but I'm just curious I detox off of very large amounts of heroin and benzos about three and a half weeks ago and it took me probably 45 subutex and Suboxone to do so cuz they weren't doing s*** for my benzo use but so instead of just going back to my old habits I decided to try and keep it going and get so I've been buying just Suboxone off the street so now I have come to like I only have two strips left but I've got like 80 mg of methadone and I went like 4 days with no Suboxone I just smoked some oxys and then I took Just 4 mg last night and 4 mg this morning and I'm just curious can I drink at maybe at least half of my methadone right now at least 40 mg of it
thanx

If you took 8mg of suboxone in the past 24 hours 40mg of methadone might not do much. I'd save it until when you need it.

thank you so much for your quick response and I kind of had a feeling of that but I was also actually concerned with so if I took some methadone tonight and possibly tomorrow can I take how long after that should I wait to take suboxone again

thank you so much for your quick response and I kind of had a feeling of that but I was also actually concerned with so if I took some methadone tonight and possibly tomorrow can I take how long after that should I wait to take suboxone again

Well if i read you right, didn't you take 4mg of suboxone this morning and 4mg last night?

If that's the case then you should save the methadone because taking it now would be a waste. The suboxone will block most of the effects of that 40mg of methadone. Or at least a good portion.

Wait until you feel withdrawal before taking the methadone. Then again, if you have a very high tolerance, 4mg of suboxone might not hold you for that long. When my tolerance is high 4mg of suboxone doesn't feel like it holds me for 24 hours either.

But what you really need though is to figure out a longer term plan.

you're right yes I apologize I really actually I guess I wanted to know after so if I wait a while and then I take the 80 mg of methadone how long after just 80 mg can I take my Suboxone

you're right yes I apologize I really actually I guess I wanted to know after so if I wait a while and then I take the 80 mg of methadone how long after just 80 mg can I take my Suboxone
If your current addiction is to subs and you just take a single dose of methadone....you shouldn't have too much danger of precipitated withdrawal taking subs after just one methadone dose. But I would wait until you at least feel.withdrawal starting after the methadone dose (which should he 2 or 3 days after the methadone)

Last edited:
thank you for your reply!! I was concerned about that but I've only been taking about 6-8 mg's of subs per day but the precipitated withdrawals are horrible
thank you!!