• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone taper/ jump

Jeason_206

Greenlighter
Hey guy,
I quite heroin about 2-2.5 months ago. I was using for about 7 months thins time around. Prior to using I was on suboxone 10mg of suboxone for 14 months. So after quiting H this time I knew I did not want to be stuck on it for a year again.
Anyways, after 2 months of using suboxone and the last 2 weeks I been taking 1/8th of a strip 2 times a day.
I'm out of suboxone now and am about to go to sleep in a few hours.
How bad or how long will my DT's be over the next few days. I've never experienced suboxone withdrawals other than in the mornings but they were that bad cuz I always had more

I'll tell you what I know from personal experience.

Suboxone withdrawals are not as intense as your typical opiates (heroin,oxy,morphine, etc..) but they last much longer.

It's more of a drawn out mild withdrawal as opposed to a short intense withdrawal.

That's why It's damn hard to stop suboxone cold turkey, and tapering is almost always recommended and needed (by most people).

If you indeed have no choice to stop, and you seem to have tapered down decently low. But In my opinion not low enough... you will be uncomfortable that is unavoidable.

You will have trouble sleeping, concentrating, fucking, eating. Basically functioning..

If you can I'd recommend you go see a doctor and taper much lower.

If not, try to accquire a small amount of some type of benzo (for sleep), eat well and EXERCISE.

Exercise will be your best friend during withdrawal, it will be hard to hit the gym but trust me you'll feel better after.

Luckly you haven't been on suboxone that long, so you may just have mild withdrawals for a couple days to 1-2 weeks if your lucky.

I've done it, it wasn't easy. But it is possible, just need to have the determination and the knowledge not to mention the proper tools.

I'm sure others will chime in on other ways to help you.

I wish you the best.

So you're jumping off a 2-month sub run at 2mgs huh...

Like the below BLer said it'll be tough but not insurmountable.

You'll have the same w/d symptoms but slightly milder and more prolonged.

I'd say source more subs and taper down lower and jump off at 0.25mg if possible.

If not, either cowboy up and go cold turkey or look into kratom or loperamide (don't mega dose the lope it can kill your heart).

Gabapentin, pregabalin, and clonidine will also help immensely and should be relatively easy to get Rx's for.

A few weeks and you'll be back in business. We're here for support, I'd check out The Dark Side & Sober Living forums for that.

Most of all, keep a positive mindset and don't let the fear of w/d make it worse than it is.

Thanks guys for the pretty quick reply too! I just woke and am so used to taking my suboxone right about now or at least my dope shot and it's freaking me out. I know mentally I'm not that bad right now. No rls, no cold sweats, nothing, just butterflies in my stomach and my brain telling me to go find some NOW!
But I'm gonna just turn on tv and watch some cops or something.
It's been 18-19 hours since my last dose of about 1MG.

1mg is still a high dose to jump from. You want to get it down to .1-.3. And expect a long drawn out process, it won't be as intense as h wd, but will last weeks. For me personally, I hate the long drawn out process of sub wd, it feels like it never ends, so I switch back to h or oxy for a few weeks, and wd for a week or two off that, just to get it over with. But to each his own.

- Hopeless Soul

Hahah... Soooo.. My mom tricked me.

Since my suboxone Dr. Is out over the weekend and today my mom decided to help me out. She saved me 1 8mg strip for backup cuz she knows how much I fuck up. God bless her soul.
So I'm gonna jump from 1/8th a dose to 1/16 a dose or .5mg a dose twice a day equaling 1mg a day.
Thank you guys for your insight and help. I seriously love blue light!!

Check out the SL forum.

One thing to do to help deal with the withdrawal is get a hobby. When I was going through PAWS I played Lord Of the Rings online constantly. After that I got into gardening and painting. This is one of the best tools in the recovery toolbox. Having something to do will help you take your mind off the symptoms and pass the time.

Just remember...this is momentary.

Check out the SL forum.

One thing to do to help deal with the withdrawal is get a hobby. When I was going through PAWS I played Lord Of the Rings online constantly. After that I got into gardening and painting. This is one of the best tools in the recovery toolbox. Having something to do will help you take your mind off the symptoms and pass the time.

Just remember...this is momentary.

Ya I used this trick before. Except my game was Game of war. Problem was I spent about $800 on that damn game. Lol.
I think I'll just buy another Xbox one (pawned my last one of course) and buy Battlefeild again. I do work out a lot but can't seem to get myself up to do it when sick. I'd rather just lay in bed and roll back and forth. I hate it.