• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Strips: Smooth side up or Rough side up?

I been on suboxone for 11 years now, so have plenty of experience with it. The first few years i was a weekend warrior and holding a job. Experimenting with it and H weekly. Then i just started to not like the high and danger of an H overdose anymore so stopped messing around. I been doing the maintenance with no urges for a long, long time now. I been on the classic hex orange tabs. A round orange tab, a white tab which was hardly worked in my opinion and the superior strips so far. The hex orange tab with the cross works great for me but i need 2 a day or a bit less to feel right. But the strips are far more effective in dose delivery in my opinion. They also obsorb much faster so you dont have to spend an hr trying to not talk or swallow while at work or with friends, or when you do talk you sound like you have a wet slur. Rescently my Dr switched me from hex tabs to films again and emediatly i noticed a difference. I was taking 2 tabs a day for about 2 yrs straight previous. Then in the first week i only used 6 films and felt the same. I use them for maintenance and pain management. I have always taken 1/4 of strip or tab at once, whichever, multiple times a day for best and quickest obsorption and for best pain management. Six was all i needed so thats what i took. I know theres no point in trying to get any high for me. I could and have taken 6 or 7 in a day with no difference. But I have noticed that one side caused more of a waxy feel and theorized possibly less obsorption. Because it definitely took longer for obsortion. Thats what lead me to this thread. I am going to try to work an experiment out but im not sure how to make it a blind study yet because im alone. What we need is for as many of us as possible to run that double blind study as we can. Then report back here. My interest is in which side or method obsorbs the most bupe, therefore allowing one to use less films monthly. Thank you all, and stay safe.

Its crap they make people feel like that. Its true your still dependant on this class of drugs but with suboxone you dont have the psychological behavior of an addict. So i argue we are doing right by this. Ultimately, for most of us we do need to try to titrate down and quit though.

For the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out what is the most effect side to use on the buttom of my tounge is to get a better effect. I have been using subs for over a year now and I have figured out pretty much anything thing there is to know about them, including most effective ways to take them, when to take them at the best times and so on... My latest question is weather to use the side that has the N8 on it on the bottom of my tounge or if I should use the smooth side against the bottom of my tounge. I figure the rough side is the side with all the good stuff but I could be wrong. If I find anything about it I will update but if anyone has tried to figure this out or is willing to try there's to see let me know what you find out. So far I think that if I put the smooth side on the bottom of my tounge with the N8 facing down it will work better in soaking it all up.
You hold the rough side with your finger and place the smooth side under the tongue as prescribed you won’t hand to worry about it sticking to your finger that’s why I think they made it this way