• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone ROA

ARC2100

Greenlighter
Hello. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I'm getting a lot of mixed signals about different ROA's for suboxone pills. My question is "what is the probability of the naloxone part of suboxone activating if the PILLS (8/2mg) are crushed and insufflated?" Sorry if I'm in the wrong section again guys. Please let me know where I should post this if I'm in the wrong place.

Like 0. Don't worry about the naloxone. It's in there for either scaring addicts away from injecting or as my doctor suggested - possibly for patent reasons. Anyway I'm saying forget about the naloxone, because the bupe will win out no matter how you take it. That being said I still think sublingual is the best way of taking it, even if it's a recreational effect you're after.

....Do you have a degree of opioid dependence/tolerance? Or are you just trying to get high? Just asking because if it's B then I would suggest a very low dose. Less than 1mg.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for your response. I do have a tolerance. I'm prescribed 16mg a day of bup but I only really need 12mg. This is my second attempt at quitting. I've been using bup for about a month and before that I could take like 15 percs a day or a minimum of 900mg of tramadol a day. I used to take a lot more back in the day. But thank you very much for the info! I really appreciate it.

!
Like 0. Don't worry about the naloxone. It's in there for either scaring addicts away from injecting or as my doctor suggested - possibly for patent reasons. Anyway I'm saying I wouldn't worry about the naloxone, as the bupe will win out no matter how you take it. That being said I still think sublingual is the best way of taking it, even if it's a recreational effect you're after.

....Do you have a degree of opioid dependence/tolerance? Or are you just trying to get high? Just asking because if it's B then I would suggest a very low dose. Less than 1mg.
Hi. Sorry to bug you one more time. I have noticed that if I decide to take a days break from the suboxone, like take opiates for the day, that the opioids do work (not nearly as strongly as they should cause of the agonist, buprenorphine). Just the next day, I'd only waited about 12 hours since I took my last "real opioid", when I take the suboxone, nothing bad happens. It's either I have way too many mu opioid or "regular" opioid receptors oorrr the naloxone in suboxone just simply can't activate like you, Pickledemons, said.

You are a wise man Pickledemons!👍

!
Like 0. Don't worry about the naloxone. It's in there for either scaring addicts away from injecting or as my doctor suggested - possibly for patent reasons. Anyway I'm saying I wouldn't worry about the naloxone, as the bupe will win out no matter how you take it. That being said I still think sublingual is the best way of taking it, even if it's a recreational effect you're after.

Hi. Sorry to bug you one more time. I was just wondering what's the difference between insufflating (snorting) and sublingual ROA's. Aren't they virtually the same?

!

Hi. Sorry to bug you one more time. I have noticed that if I decide to take a days break from the suboxone, like take opiates for the day, that the opioids do work (not nearly as strongly as they should cause of the agonist, buprenorphine). Just the next day, I'd only waited about 12 hours since I took my last "real opioid", when I take the suboxone, nothing bad happens. It's either I have way too many mu opioid or "regular" opioid receptors oorrr the naloxone in suboxone just simply can't activate like you, Pickledemons, said.

Yeah, if the bupe never leaves your system, there wont be much for precipitated withdrawals. I could easily do 2 day fentanyl 'vacations' and be fine back in the day. But the longer it goes on the harder it is to transition back.

!

Hi. Sorry to bug you one more time. I was just wondering what's the difference between insufflating (snorting) and sublingual ROA's. Aren't they virtually the same?
I mean sublingual is already a pretty effective route. I just wouldn't want all those waxes and shit in my nose when its not necessary. Then again I suppose if you have some kind of fixation with doing lines then thats fine I guess, just know its no good for your nose lol.

The only pill worth snorting in my opinion, is dilaudid.

!

I used to find that I could take a little bupe and it was like it filled some receptors and there were still plenty left for the proper opioids, I'd say it enhanced it for a long time.
Now a few years of doing this later I find that a little bupe puts me into a fricking bad way at any time unless the bupe is in my system first and only after a day or two of abstenance. Basically my prescription is piling up in the corner and yes I'm sure it will be useful next time I need to get on an airplane, but otherwise, nah, gone off bupe big time, but I've a steady supply of what I really like currently, so its all good today, one day at a time and all that:rofl:

I used to find that I could take a little bupe and it was like it filled some receptors and there were still plenty left for the proper opioids, I'd say it enhanced it for a long time.
Now a few years of doing this later I find that a little bupe puts me into a fricking bad way at any time unless the bupe is in my system first and only after a day or two of abstenance. Basically my prescription is piling up in the corner and yes I'm sure it will be useful next time I need to get on an airplane, but otherwise, nah, gone off bupe big time, but I've a steady supply of what I really like currently, so its all good today, one day at a time and all that:rofl:
Yeah they say 16mg ' saturates' all your receptors but I could take some dillys a couple hours later and still feel them. I think maybe it saturates' them at first.... But not necessarily in the long run.