• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone red flag?

Do you think if i tell my psych i'm an addict he'll cut me off from my benzo RX? I want suboxone or something but i still want my kpins lol
I am on Suboxone and Xanax and both come from the same Dr.

the whole "drug" thing all depends on the Dr. if you are truly in medical NEED you will get the drug; I went in for surgery and my record looks like shit between OD's, methadone/suboxone, etc, and I still go 16MG of Dilaudid/day; they gave me a larger dose knowing that I have a problem rather than giving you a moderate dose; same goes for when they knock you out for any type of surgery; they have to know your tolerance levels and be on point rather than lie and worse things will happen.

Can anyone suggest an easy taper plan from 16mg been on for a couple weeks, I would like to be off in maybe 6 months

Really that's something a doctor who works in that field will be able to tell you. The only piece of advice I can give is to remember that when you get to the last few weeks of the 24 week plan, the drops need to be made based on percentage rather than simple division. What I mean is you can easily go:

Week 1: 16mg a day
week 2: 16mg a day
week 3: 14mg a day
week 4: 14mg a day
week 5: 12 mg a day
week 6: 12mg a day

and so on.

BUT as you get towards the end, the drops represent a higher percentage of the dose. For example, when I was dropping down on methadone a doc explained to me that you can go from 35mg to 30mg to 25mg easily enough.

However, say you get to 20 mg and are going down to 15 mg; that's a 25% drop. Then 15 mg to 10 mg is a 33% drop.
10 mg to 5 mg is 50%.

I'm sure you see my point...

It's a science bro, and I honestly don't trust my math skills to suggest a percentage-based incremental tapering plan for you.

Do you have a doc you can ask or are you getting the subby via other means?

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest an easy taper plan from 16mg been on for a couple weeks, I would like to be off in maybe 6 months

^^ to the person above - I'm sorry, but I do not agree w/ that. taking that long to drop from 16 to 8MG is a waste of time. work on whats hard, not whats easy. I shot fent for years and had a killer habit; still do to even this day as far as habit goes, but when it comes to subs I've become pretty good at the game in good/bad ways. but one thing I agree which others will say is many, many times, people take FAR TOO MUCH based on the habit they once had.

from 16MG its an easy drop to 8MG; you can seriously do it overnight but youre probably thinking its crazy - its NOT. but to go from 16MG to 0 is a different story. like I said, you can make a significant drop right away and get to 8MG within a week or so.

from there drop a MG every other week or so based on how you feel. once you get around 1MG mark is when it becomes a bit more tricky because you cannot just leave at that mark unless you want a bit of a withdrawal; you still have to cut that pills into 1/4's and go down from there. taking .25/MG of bupe/daily. sounds like nothing but it still plays a factor. it can be done, I've done it. you have to do it based on your own feel but realize youre an addict and youre new to this, so you'll be playing it in your own favor, thinking youre moving too fast - YOURE NOT! even that 16 to 8MG overnight is doable but if not just give it a week or so while you slowly drop 1MG every day or two week every other day and it will be easy. from there is when it gets a bit hard.

You are required to report your status they must know otherwise you could manipulate the health services for your fix