• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone red flag?

Crackpanda

Bluelighter
So I just recently relapsed and had the idea maybe i should go on a suboxone program.. BUT being the junky i am I dont want to have a red flag on my record ffor being in a program like that, I'm not sure if thats even a thing but i just remembering drunkenly reading a forum about how being in sub/methadone programs puts a shit mark on your medical records , I dont want to run into this if i go doctor shopping down the road.

pretty much is suboxone going to ruin my health care record forever?

IME, no, I've gone to multiple psychiatrists and lied about being a drug addict so they'd give me the meds I needed (because otherwise they wouldn't).

IME, no, I've gone to multiple psychiatrists and lied about being a drug addict so they'd give me the meds I needed (because otherwise they wouldn't).

Do you think if i tell my psych i'm an addict he'll cut me off from my benzo RX? I want suboxone or something but i still want my kpins lol

Most Sub-Clinics don't allow Benzodiazepines if you want to enter their program. How long do you take the Kpins? Because it is highly likely that you would be required to taper off them if you want to get Subs or Methadone.

its a risky situation if you admit you are an addict to the doctor as then they might be very reluctant to scribe you any benzos or opiates..most doctors wont at all if they find out you are an addict so i wouldnt admit that you are an addict if i was you..

Most Sub-Clinics don't allow Benzodiazepines if you want to enter their program. How long do you take the Kpins? Because it is highly likely that you would be required to taper off them if you want to get Subs or Methadone.

Usually that's been my experience with suboxone doctors, but at clinics, at least in NY and in the Bay Area, you won't get kicked off for testing positive, and usually if you have a prescription, they are OK with it.

I think the OP is wondering if he got onto a suboxone or methadone clinic, if they could then see a doctor outside of the clinic, would that doctor know that the OP was on Methadone or Suboxone. IME, they do no know, and will not know unless the psychiatrist does urine screens. IDK though for it's been over 2 years since I involved myself in these types of situations, I remember that a few friends of mine that had horrible benzo habits got into trouble after a law in NY was passed four years ago or more, which allowed doctors prescribing benzodiazepines to see if a patient had another doctor prescribing them as well.

C'mon guys, let's not tell OP to lie to their doctor. Not allowed.

Sorry for hi jack can't post on mobile for some reason

Please help

I was on sub 3years back when my habit was very low, now after iv large amounts of dope a day I got back on sub, this time was very hard, first two days I took 24mg and was thrashing around still and no sleep for 4 days. Now I'm feeling mostly better two weeks later and take 16mg, only thing
Is I know it's very high, I want to settle down to 8mg or less and go from
There. What is the best way to go from here so I don't get stuck in a high dose, any advice appreciated. I'm 28 in good shape and do physical work, 4 year habit been iv for 2, 1g a day for last few months

Sorry for hi jack can't post on mobile for some reason

Please help

I was on sub 3years back when my habit was very low, now after iv large amounts of dope a day I got back on sub, this time was very hard, first two days I took 24mg and was thrashing around still and no sleep for 4 days. Now I'm feeling mostly better two weeks later and take 16mg, only thing
Is I know it's very high, I want to settle down to 8mg or less and go from
There. What is the best way to go from here so I don't get stuck in a high dose, any advice appreciated. I'm 28 in good shape and do physical work, 4 year habit been iv for 2, 1g a day for last few months

Just taper it down....if you've been using a gram a day of smack then naturally your body is going to be craving a large amount of opiate, but, as with all things in life, this will change. Your body will adjust to the buprenorphine just like it did to the diamorphine.

Besides, 16mg isn't that high. It's exactly halfway to the ceiling dose.

Just stay strong, be patient with the bupe and TRY stay away from your old flame who got you into this mess.

Peace :)

Thanks for the advice... I assume by old flame you mean dope? The only reason I was ok with taking so much was to block if I did crave dope again because it's all I could think about, cravings are gone now

if were me i would go cold turkey ive went through the worst withdrawell u can think of from benzo abuse mostly etizolam and flubromazolan infact pretty much all rc benzo i was taking over 1 gram sometimes more of etizolam a week for years thats over one thousand valium 10mg a week plus and was drinking it was an ego death that made me relize how much i was taking b4 that i was taking even more and just stopped sending me into hospital for almost 2 weeks no taper nothing after that just right go home then started using them again the 1g a week then then egodeath happened n had 2 go see a doc and was instantly put in valium 40mg a day this was 2 years ago and im still tapering off now at 23mg a day valium plus other strong meds and told will b another 2 years 2 completley stop benzos its aparantly the worst withdrawing drug and most dangerous 2 withdraw from god i went though hell n back i was wishining i was a heroin addict at 1 point as they said is so much easier 2 stop after withdrawls its out ur system where with benzos it maybe out ur system but u can still b withdrawing years later if not tapered down properly

wow the usa health care is so bad n screwed up its mindblowing how bad it is pay 2 see a doc then pay for ur meds the docs dnt care there payed n the stronger meds they script means the chemists get more bussiness and ul always b returning 2 get more , here u get what u need as everything is free on the nhs 2 every 1 all meds free so they dnt make more money from them scripting stronger more addictive meds

medical records are confidential, you can get on subs without having to tell anyone. however like others said, some sub docs might not allow benzos but thats up to the individiaul docs/clinics and they wont take your benzos away they just wont give you subs so its worth a try.

also kratom is a good legal maintenaince option, way better than sub as far as I am concerned. I can actually get a buzz off kratom whereas after being on sub a few weeks it does nothing.

Thanks for the advice... I assume by old flame you mean dope? The only reason I was ok with taking so much was to block if I did crave dope again because it's all I could think about, cravings are gone now

Yeah. I think of my addictions like relationships. Seems kinda right to me. A fundamentally unhealthy relationship. A lot of people are in them.

:)

if were me i would go cold turkey ive went through the worst withdrawell u can think of from benzo abuse mostly etizolam and flubromazolan infact pretty much all rc benzo i was taking over 1 gram sometimes more of etizolam a week for years thats over one thousand valium 10mg a week plus and was drinking it was an ego death that made me relize how much i was taking b4 that i was taking even more and just stopped sending me into hospital for almost 2 weeks no taper nothing after that just right go home then started using them again the 1g a week then then egodeath happened n had 2 go see a doc and was instantly put in valium 40mg a day this was 2 years ago and im still tapering off now at 23mg a day valium plus other strong meds and told will b another 2 years 2 completley stop benzos its aparantly the worst withdrawing drug and most dangerous 2 withdraw from god i went though hell n back i was wishining i was a heroin addict at 1 point as they said is so much easier 2 stop after withdrawls its out ur system where with benzos it maybe out ur system but u can still b withdrawing years later if not tapered down properly

If you've never experienced opioid withdrawal it's really not appropriate to suggest someone go CT and to say detox from opioids is a walk in the park. Benzo detox is no joke due to the risk of seizure, been there done that too. But I've gone through oxycodone, morphine, heroin, methadone, and buprenorphine WDs and they were all hell. And after the acute physical symptoms end you have to endure PAWS for the next year or longer for some. It's no wonder most heroin addicts relapse. I did until getting stabilized on bupe and 2 years later I still want to use.

I have thats why I can say its nothing compared 2 a benzo withdrawal. I do no I wouldn't say if I didn't no subs it all u get here in prisons u have a headache. Boom herea some subs n honesty if I compare with drawing. I would easly choose opiates than benzos 2 come off again in 2 years into a benzo withdraw tapering and still 2 years more 2 go at minimum
If you've never experienced opioid withdrawal it's really not appropriate to suggest someone go CT and to say detox from opioids is a walk in the park. Benzo detox is no joke due to the risk of seizure, been there done that too. But I've gone through oxycodone, morphine, heroin, methadone, and buprenorphine WDs and they were all hell. And after the acute physical symptoms end you have to endure PAWS for the next year or longer for some. It's no wonder most heroin addicts relapse. I did until getting stabilized on bupe and 2 years later I still want to use.

I have cold turkeyd benzos several times along with many opiates. I just dont wan't to be that sober right now, not in the mood ya know?

My benzo RX's are cheap, morphine on the other hand not so much.. I just got back on the powder so uhh this sub idea might be far off anyways..

Edit: I wish we had those legal shooting places like they do in BC, I'm so scared of getting fent but theres like no good options anymore.. no wonder the US is having so many OD's....

Does anyone know if you need a prescription for micron filters? I have found some online but there are so many scams online now idk if thats safe.

Can anyone suggest an easy taper plan from 16mg been on for a couple weeks, I would like to be off in maybe 6 months