• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Questions...

ickray

Bluelighter
So this is my third time trying to get my shit straight with the help of suboxone. The first two times I really wasn't ready to stop abusing opiates and I just used the subs as a way not to be sick in between binges. For some reason, something finally clicked and with the help of an 8mg strip once a day, I'm coming up on 30 days "clean" from heroin. I really don't want to exchange my heroin habit for a sub habit, so my question to you guys is approximately how long can you use suboxone before you become dependant on them? I know my best bet is to taper my dose before stopping, but do you think a little less then a months use of one 8mg strip a day will cause withdrawals if suddenly stopped? How long have you guys been able to take subs without having any significant withdrawals? Also, I've read conflicting information about suboxone effecting your tolerance. Some people say that their tolerances went down after using subs for an extended period of time, and others say it made their tolerance go up. Can anyone with longer-term suboxone experience tell me how it affected their tolerance to full agonists?

Last edited:
How much heroin/opioids are you normally tolerant to? You can use buprenorphine for just a week to avoid the acute withdrawal kick from the heroin and avoid dependency issues from buprenorphine. A month on buprenorphine and you’ll probably have a bit of withdrawal from that, but if you only use it a week or two you’ll be fine.

How much heroin/opioids are you normally tolerant to? You can use buprenorphine for just a week to avoid the acute withdrawal kick from the heroin and avoid dependency issues from buprenorphine. A month on buprenorphine and you’ll probably have a bit of withdrawal from that, but if you only use it a week or two you’ll be fine.

This time around, I luckily had a smaller habit then I did in the past. I had 5 months clean off everything, and relapsed for around 4 months but never did more than a bundle (ten east coast stamp bags) a day, with 3 day breaks each week in between. So it was probably in total around 2-3 months total of use. The person I used to get my dope from got locked up, and I had to use a backup who's stuff was average, which probably helped in the long run. So far its been a little over 3 weeks using 8mg of subs a day.