• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone question

Tintman1974

Greenlighter
I'm getting ready to start suboxone , after a year of shooting between a gram to 2 grams of heroin every day..my question Is how long does it really take to get over everything using sub..last thing I want is to get hooked on them ..so would a week of suboxone be long enough to where if I stopped the subs I wouldn't still go into the heroin withdraws? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Ds
The first time you take sub you are addicted to it. Your brain is dependant on the activation of mu-opioid receptors not the heroin itself. Suboxone activates the same receptors but to a lesser degree. There is no free lunch.

Suboxone is a good maintenance drug, nothing wrong with using it long term but you cant just use it for a month and stop and expect no withdrawal. The withdrawal will be there waiting for you on the other side. You can taper to lessen the severity but you wont be able to escape it completely.

Last edited:
Hold out as long as you can then take 8-16mg sub, then try to cut the dose in half everyday till you at around 2mg, then if you can get your hands on tramadol do that for a couple days, the switch to kratom for a couple days, I was able to pretty much get out of wd that way, but then I started dipping back into the kratom and that’s all bad

Good luck man!
I feel like a slave to bupe but it’s the lesser of the evils for me. I’ve been on it tooooo long though

You could probably do a two week taper up and then down, I've done it before in a week, and coming off the subs was pretty uncomfortable so I got back on them. I believe that your wanting to do it super quick and not be "dependent" on Suboxone will ultimately just lead to a more uncomfortable withdrawal that you're just gonna have to deal with doing it that way. Suboxone is imo easier to get off of then dope, it's going to be hard for you to go from doing a gram or two of smack every day, to nothing in the course of a week, Suboxone or not.

Suboxone is a pretty forgiving drug for the heavier opiate addict. If you want to avoid the worst withdrawal you will have to do longer than a week taper.

Last edited:
I was just wondering cause I went to a rehab last year and people that didn't come in from jail had to do detox first so the detox would put them on suboxone for 3 to 4 days then let them come to rehab which was a zero meds place and those people seemed okay

Hold out as long as you can then take 8-16mg sub, then try to cut the dose in half everyday till you at around 2mg, then if you can get your hands on tramadol do that for a couple days, the switch to kratom for a couple days, I was able to pretty much get out of wd that way, but then I started dipping back into the kratom and that’s all bad
So the tramadol thing does work?. I messed with it back in the day getting off oxy and it worked. But tram withdrawal can be a bear with brain zaps. Just wondering if I got lucky or it’s truth. Is tram stronger than kratom? Just good stuff to keep in to tool kit if godforbid I ever relapse