• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone question

frannyhi

Greenlighter
How long after Suboxone can you take a morphine pill. Took a quarter of an .8 sub this morning. Can I take a morphine pill tonight or will that put me in withdrawal

Welcome to Bluelight frannyhi,

I moved your thread to Basic Drug Discussion, where your question will more appropriately be addressed.

NMI -> BDD

No, you can't. I mean, you wont feel the full effect of it, or you wont feel it at all. Halflife of bupre is 37 hours. You should wait atleast 2 days. You can of course "overdose" the morphine over the subuxone, but you'll need lots of it and it's dangerous. I have done it with it heroin, takin' so much that it kicks the bupre off. Why would it put you in withdraw? It doesn't. It's propaganda, that you can't even inject subuxone. Bupre sticks harder to the receptors. The strips are very sticky, so they are bad for injection if you don't use micron filter. Subutex, the french version is much better for injecting tho. It doesn't have the naloxone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take the pill whenever it’s just that you might not feel it’s full effect. I’ve taken suboxone 8mg and used heroin about an hour later and still got high before, so you’ll be fine.

You may not feel much from the morphine because suboxone has a long half life.
Don't take subs after morphine or you will get precipitates withdrawal.
You can still get cns depression mixing both so be very careful and if you must injure use a micron filter and a clean rig

OP, if it has not already been covered, your understanding of how these drugs work is fundamentally flawed. Pretty much, it's the opposite of your understanding in that you don't want to administer Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex, Zubsolv) while currently dependent upon Opioids. If you don't have a habit, it's not really a big deal, but if you are dependent upon Opioids and administer Buprenorphine too early, the Opioids occupying the receptors in your body will be immediately flushed out i.e. precipitated withdrawal.

Funny story?: Once when I was in a court-ordered detox in Brockton, MA, there was a kid who was dependent upon Methadone. Many of us were, myself included. Well, this kid, who had a big fucking mouth btw, found a pill that he was certain was Mirtazapine (Remeron). Well, this kid crushed it right up and snorted it right in front of us. Why? It's Mirtazapine. Who gives a shit? Well, said kid, maybe 2 minutes later starts rattling and pouring sweat. The kid proceeds to start sobbing uncontrollably and screaming in a way that I have only heard a grown man scream maybe once in my life. He strips all of his clothes off, begins vomiting/hyperventilating. He's scratching his skin to the point of drawing blood then he runs naked up and down the halls of this detox, eventually being restrained and carted off.

Turns out it was either Naloxone or Naltrexone. I find it hard to feel bad for the kid, but for all reading, it's an example of how quickly things can go to shit.