• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Question

seahawks168

Bluelighter
Ive read through many threads about suboxone, and havent really been able to come to a solid answer to the following question.

If i swallow a sublingual suboxone film, will the BA of it only be 10%, or will it be 0%?

Im asking because id rather swallow a whole 8mg strip of suboxone which would theoretically yield .8mg of the metabolites of suboxone, rather than stick 3mg worth of a strip under my tongue for 45 minutes, which would theoretically yield about .9mg of the metabolites of suboxone.

Also, if swallowed, would the normal potentiators like tagament and dxm work with the digested suboxone?

Sorry if i started a pointless thread. But any info would be appreciated as to whether my theories are correct

- seahawks168

The oral BA o buprenorphine is extremely low, but of course you wont take up 0 %. Why don't you shove it up your arse? Almost no side effects, yet much better BA than oral or even sublingual. It's not abuse just because you shove it up your ass. It's abuse when you try to get a high from it.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah i just really dont like the sublingual route. I may just plug the stuff then. Im just really trying to bypass having to stick the strip under my tongue lol. Ive been clean from full agonists for a while so it definitely helps.
I may just end up asking the doctor for subutex pills instead.

PLUGGING BUPE FTW! seriously, please don't completely waste your subs by swallowing them.. I hated taking them under my tongue as well, I am very impatient and didn't really enjoy, having that nasty orange taste sitting under my tongue forever, feeling like if I swallowed/spit it out any time before 30 mins I would lose so much of the bupe, from taking it sublingually.. plus not being able to talk, and the fact it only yields ~34% BA when taken sublingually, its truly the next worse ROA to just swallowing it.. yet it is made to be taken sublingual? As soon as I found out you could use other ROAs after I got on buprenorphine maintenance I stuck with sniffing/plugging, and I now IV it for the 100% BA, to fix my needle addiction, and to get all the bupe immediately, I cant stop slamming my bupe now that I started, it kind of sucks, but I am better off doing that instead of dope/full agonist opioids, and risking the possibility of an overdose, as well as spending wayyy more money, and so many other things.. but would never recommend you do this! just saying basically I did, and now I cant do it any other way, unless I am absolutely forced to.. so never IV it, especially if you never have been an IV drug user before bupe... Plug that shit! its the next strongest method to IV/IM and it is totally harmless and easy to do! plus its wayyy more effective than sublingual is, seriously! it can be fucking strong, at low doses around 1-3mg, 4mg max is all you would ever need to do plugging it, but even that is kind of overkill with bupe, 2mg is a perfect dose for plugging, and if you take 8mg a day sub'l, than you will probably only need like 4-6mg plugged, in 2mg increments throughout the day.. that is how I used to do it, and the first time, I did this, I was absolutely amazed by how well it worked and how fast it hit me, like about 5 mins if that after I plugged it, everytime I did it, it would kick in, and kick in hard too... very similar feeling to IVing it, without all of the risks and bullshit that come along with IV drug use! best ROA for bupe overall, IME!

Sorry, I found my answer in another Bluelight post. Thanks!

Thanks for the input! Yeah i think i might just start plugging it when i dont have the time/patience to use it sublingually. Ive never used needles, or even heroin. But at my worst i was using 2 75ug fent patches a day, so these subs are amazing.
But i feel you on "anything suboxone, no matter the roa, is better than going back to opiates". Subs saved me for sure.

Al the best of luck to you and your recovery ilove2nod.

After being on pills for years, my doctor put me on the Fentanyl 75 patches. At first I was using one every 3 days as prescribed, but then it became changing them every 2 days, and even then I wasn't getting what I wanted out of them.

So I quit the fentanyl patches COLD TURKEY after being on them for like 4 or 5 months. HUGE MISTAKE. Man, I went through the WORST withdrawals ever! And on top of it, I had to go away for the weekend with my wife and some friends just as I began withdrawing. I ended up in the hotel room for most of the trip, shivering, sweating, shaking, with the shits.. just absolutely miserable. Was definitely the worst withdrawal I have ever gone through. That was 2 summers ago, I should have started Suboxone back then, btu I wasn't mentally ready.

Today marks 10 days of me not having taken any pills, and 8 days of being on Suboxone.. other than a few small urges to get pill happy, I'm definitely better than ever. No wd's, nothing negative to report. So far so good.

Thanks for the input! Yeah i think i might just start plugging it when i dont have the time/patience to use it sublingually. Ive never used needles, or even heroin. But at my worst i was using 2 75ug fent patches a day, so these subs are amazing.
But i feel you on "anything suboxone, no matter the roa, is better than going back to opiates". Subs saved me for sure.

Al the best of luck to you and your recovery ilove2nod.