• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone question

Few months ago I was waiting on one of my dealers to show up and drop off some H. He never showed up, and I got stuck all day and night in withdrawal agony.

It was ~30 hours or so since my last heroin use, and I couldn't take it any more, so I decided to put 1mg under my tongue. At this point another dealer of mine texted me, and I explained to him I needed stuff, but I was just too sick to be walking around and FUCKING with buses and shit. He told me hold tight and he was going to come to me. I didn't believe it, and about an hour later I took another 1.5mg of suboxone.

Not even 5mins later the dealer called back and said he was turning around the corner. I said FUCK. I immediately started spitting out the sub under my tongue and ran to the sink to wash my mouth out.

I went outside and waited for the guy, and I noticed myself starting to feel better. The bupe was still working! 2min later the guy showed up and gave me my dope, I used it, and blahhh sub blocked most of it out. I thought since I only took maybe 2.5mg and spit out and washed out the rest, maybe in a few hours I could get high still. I waited about 6 hours tried getting high again to no avail. Lol. That sucked.

Strange how things work out sometimes, and I think the conclusion is that it really don't matter if you spit the saliva out, once that strip is dissolved, it's absorbed mostly. It's worked whether I have spit the shit out or not, and it makes sense that it would work anyway, since bupe has extremely low BA if swallowed.

Few months ago I was waiting on one of my dealers to show up and drop off some H. He never showed up, and I got stuck all day and night in withdrawal agony.

It was ~30 hours or so since my last heroin use, and I couldn't take it any more, so I decided to put 1mg under my tongue. At this point another dealer of mine texted me, and I explained to him I needed stuff, but I was just too sick to be walking around and FUCKING with buses and shit. He told me hold tight and he was going to come to me. I didn't believe it, and about an hour later I took another 1.5mg of suboxone.

Not even 5mins later the dealer called back and said he was turning around the corner. I said FUCK. I immediately started spitting out the sub under my tongue and ran to the sink to wash my mouth out.

I went outside and waited for the guy, and I noticed myself starting to feel better. The bupe was still working! 2min later the guy showed up and gave me my dope, I used it, and blahhh sub blocked most of it out. I thought since I only took maybe 2.5mg and spit out and washed out the rest, maybe in a few hours I could get high still. I waited about 6 hours tried getting high again to no avail. Lol. That sucked.

Strange how things work out sometimes, and I think the conclusion is that it really don't matter if you spit the saliva out, once that strip is dissolved, it's absorbed mostly. It's worked whether I have spit the shit out or not, and it makes sense that it would work anyway, since bupe has extremely low BA if swallowed.

Thankyou for your insight.

Ive concluded that for me when I spit it out its not as effective as when I swallow it but swallowing it makes me way more constipated when I spit it I shit more and better like healthier. But I cant really say there is a big difference between the two so idk I guess its just preference... idk

I wouldn't doubt that some of that 2nd dose I took wasnt absorbed because I tried spitting it out and washing my mouth out in the sink, literally a few mins later. I don't know if it was the 1mg I invested an hour before that, or what, but the dope I got had very minimal effects and the suboxone got me well for sure. I was standing in the driveway just feeling myself rapidly come out of the bad withdrawal I was in. Heh.

It does say on the suboxone prescription leaflet dosing instructions to not drink caffeinated beverages or smoke 30mins before AND after dosing IT. I have noticed it works best if I do it like that, and wait until that nasty flavor and chemically sort of burn it gives goes away on its own. That's how I usually know I got maximum absorption. Then I can drink stuff and smoke again.

I am just pretty sure that as soon as that strip is dissolved all the way, I'm sure all the bupe that's gonna be absorbed has already entered the bloodstream thru mucous membranes in your mouth. Its not proven, but like you stated, I notice a lot of the negative effects arise when I swallow that junk. Constipation, nausea, and the migraine headaches. But then again, there are a lot of times I've swallowed it and didn't feel the bad effects at all.

But like you said as well, I don't think there is any HUGE difference in whether you spit it out or swallow it. It'll do it's job either way.

I am just pretty sure that as soon as that strip is dissolved all the way, I'm sure all the bupe that's gonna be absorbed has already entered the bloodstream thru mucous membranes in your mouth. Its not proven, but like you stated, I notice a lot of the negative effects arise when I swallow that junk. Constipation, nausea, and the migraine headaches. But then again, there are a lot of times I've swallowed it and didn't feel the bad effects at all.

But like you said as well, I don't think there is any HUGE difference in whether you spit it out or swallow it. It'll do it's job either way.

I completely agree with you!!^^^^^

When it boils down to it, its just people's preferences. But I will say this buprenorphine is a very strong substance ... If you dont have a high opiate tolerance or on bupe maintenance then you will get sky high from it ... Before I started IVing H I was snorting it, and I made my first attempt of getting off dope finally realizing things were out of control. I bought the old stop sign pills from a friend and to be honest I always spit it out after and I used to get so high I couldnt belive it or understand it, it literally was getting me higher then the H and I was getting very strong east coast H so yeah... But anyways if your just getting into opiates suboxone or really any form pf buprenorphine will get you really high. Now I have been on sub Maintenance for the last year and a half and now I dpnt catch a buzz at all just become normal and dont crave which is amazing. All in all buprenorphine is a very strong substance that acts on various people in various ways, and the crazy thing is less is more with bupe something really hard for a dopefien to wrap their head around lol.

Peace.

I also take my suboxone N8 films in two different increments. I am prescribed 16mgs a day so I get 60 films a month, but I give 30 to my wife and we usually both put 5 in our safe refill day for a rainy day :)

But I know I dont need no where near 16mgs daily... But anyways for a while I was only taking 4mgs a day 2 in the a.m. 2 in the p.m. but recently within this last month ive increased to 8mgs a day 4 in the a.m 4 in the p.m. also I take it via the alcohol method sublingualy but I have been told on BL that you dont have to do it in alcohol and that you can use water.... I belive this is false I buy high proof liquor and use that for the alcohol method and this method really works both my wife and I do it every time we take our Suboxone. It raises the B.A. from like 30-35 to 70-85% so big difference. The higher the proof alcohol the better I feel!!

Now also IDK if any of you guys or girls ever took the time to read that huge suboxone pamphlet that folds up like a map Lmao. Buttttt if you read all through it to the part where they take people and use them as test subjects and test them for everything and everything the drug does to the body and mind. When they did these test on people the buprenorphine was made as a bupe/alcohol mixture NEVER once does it say they just administered the tablet/film under the tongue. It clearly States that the buprenorphine is made in a mixture concoction with alcohol solution, its crazy because no doctor tells you to do this we all know they say to put it under the tongue just buy its self or on the inside of the cheek. Look into this every one gets that huge pamphlet that folds like a map its all in there... Knowledge is power.

Also most suboxone doctors know less then we do about buprenorphine its crazy, its just a big cashout for them...

Like for instance my doctor putting me on 16mgs a day is just ridiculous in dosage wise and belive me I know people take way more then this daily, but once when I was doing research online I came across an image that showed the brain when on 4, 8, 16mg dosages, and when you take the full 16mgs your brain is litterly saturated with buprenorphine and there is nooooooo receptors open for nor~buprenorphine (i know i spelled that wrong) the full agonists that you want. Less is more this is where this comes into play ..then it produces the good opiate affects, but some people need buprenorphine for maintenance like me and need to lower their doses to feel better affects besides just normal and no cravings but i guess thats what its really for ..... Idk like I said before buprenorphine is a very strong, unique substance!

Yeah, doctors put you on those unnecessarily high doses to ensure that any subsequent opiates that may be used after taking bupe will be blocked all the way out and absolutely no euphoric effects are felt. Even though these doses are too high, I guess I can see why it's effective. Addicts are not going to bother trying to use other opiates while on that kind of dose because they will have no effect.

Indeed I love the bupe high after I have managed to reset my tolerance. Very pleasant feeling. But when I have a tolerance to fu agonist opiates, or have been on subs maintenance, bupe only makes me feel normal. I may get a small glow for a Lil bit while maintaining on small doses, from norbuprenorphine having a chance to cling to receptors as well, but nowhere near as euphoric as a full agonist.

Yeah, doctors put you on those unnecessarily high doses to ensure that any subsequent opiates that may be used after taking bupe will be blocked all the way out and absolutely no euphoric effects are felt. Even though these doses are too high, I guess I can see why it's effective. Addicts are not going to bother trying to use other opiates while on that kind of dose because they will have no effect.

Indeed I love the bupe high after I have managed to reset my tolerance. Very pleasant feeling. But when I have a tolerance to fu agonist opiates, or have been on subs maintenance, bupe only makes me feel normal. I may get a small glow for a Lil bit while maintaining on small doses, from norbuprenorphine having a chance to cling to receptors as well, but nowhere near as euphoric as a full agonist.

Right! And I completely agree with you about the high dosing the doctors prescribed, I never looked at it from that perspective but now I realize a lot better. Thanks for the useful knowledge, I love gaining and learning new information!

Let sit under the tongue till filly dissolved and flavor is gone if you can sense the loss of flavor that. Swallow , to me that means everything is absorbed, either way swallow ltoo early or not mostly your membranes will absorb verse oral accidental

I used to hate when this would happen to me!!! I cant tell you how many times back in the day, before I REALLY got on bupe maintenance and primarily used full agonists like H or Oxy and I had a shit load of subs I had saved from the first sub doc I went to and got a months supply of 8mg subs, but only went like that one visit and relapsed after like 3 days of being on sub, I hated bupe at first... Anyways there were more than a few times where I would call my connects and all of them would be dry saying that there wasn't shit around, and it probably wouldn't be for a while, as I was super sick and withdrawing from dope, oxy, etc... So I would take like 1mg-2mg of sub, thinking I wasn't going to get anything that day and I should just give up... well usually right after, or better yet right when I was, taking the sub, someone would call me saying "oh I am good now I got it, come by" or whatever, then I stupidly went and bought the pills or dope, tried to do them wanting to get high, then felt nothing! I also did the same thing where I would have the sub in my mouth when they called me back telling me everything was back and I could come get it or they were dropping it off to me, as I am sitting there spitting the sub out like I never have spit before lol... still after having under my tongue for even just a few minutes it blocked everything even like 40mg of opana, or the strongest H no matter what I did, trying to spit it out or even the time I purposely threw it up thinking that would matter out of desperation, it didn't, it was still in my system within minutes... because even the smallest amount of bupe will do something to block opiates, as strong of a blocker as it is!

Now I am the opposite, I just want subutex. Don't even want to get full agonists anymore because my tolerance is just too damn high...

It's strange how suboxone works, I can be withdrawaling bad at 12 hours after last use, wait til exactly the 24 hour mark, take it, and feel a little relief, maybe even slight PWD, then I feel a bit better. And it seems it takes forever to work.

But if I suffer for 36hours+, it works brilliantly. I notice myself starting to feel better within 20mind of dosing. Like that day I was waiting for that dope boy. I noticed myself rapidly coming out of the depths of withdrawal hell and returning back to normal more and more every second. Lol. Even when I tried spitting the Shit out and tried washing my mouth out. And it still blocked the high from the dope when I used it.

It's true the longer you wait to take the sub the better and more effective it will be. But with most the dope being fentanyl-based these days, you're sick already after a few hours and still yet have to wait forever it seems til you could take the subs. But once stabilized on subs you're golden. I like to combine it with other meds like neurontin, klonopin, and adderall, it keeps me away from the dope pretty well. I think that combo is better than dope anyway.

People are always surprised at how strong buprenorphine can be, even if you have a little in your mouth and hurry up and spit it, it will still block all opiates its crazy buprenorphine is a very strong suubstance and some people take 32mgs a day shits crazy idk everyone is different but buprenorphine is a very strong substance especially if you dont use opiates much.

Im on sub maintenance so I dont receive much affects besides a small glow and small euphoric feeling, more talkative. But being maintenance ive been H free for a year and a half.

The last 2 nights ive taken an 8mg strip. I really dont have a tolerance built up for opiods. I havent been sick but blurred vision extremely itchy and in and out of consciosness has occured. I know now to split the strips but how long will this last. Any info will be helpful thanx

The last 2 nights ive taken an 8mg strip. I really dont have a tolerance built up for opiods. I havent been sick but blurred vision extremely itchy and in and out of consciosness has occured. I know now to split the strips but how long will this last. Any info will be helpful and useful.

*When you dont have a tolerance to opites or opiods, especially i.e. suboxone/Methadone but Methadone is way worse then suboxone and gets you blitlized something you should stay away from due to low opiate tolerance and knowledge. Buprenorphine is a very very strong substance thats why you get a nice buzz from it, but when people like myself are on it for maintenance all I receive is a small glow sometimes a meager buzz but I also take my N8 films via the alcohol sublingual method which raises the bio - availability from 30-35% to 70-75%. But anyways due to tolerance being low and you took a full strip this is why you were high so strong and long, usually less is more with buprenorphine but with people with no tolerance it seems the more you use the higher you get... BUT I dont have any backup proof of that but anyways some useful suboxone info you wanted as follows: Its a schedule III drug in the United States. Bio - availability 30% sublingual, 48% Intanasal. Biological half-life 37 hours (Mean Range 20-70 hours)

Buprenorphine is a semisynthetic opiod derivative of thebaine. It is a mixed partial agonist opiod receptor modulator that is used to treat opiod addiction in higher dosages, to control moderate acute pain in non opiod-tolerant in individuals in lower dosages and to control moderate chronic pain in even smaller doses.

Hope this helps some, if not just ask w.e you are interested in, and either I myself will help to get best answer or someome else.

Peace,
James.

You were about right on. I was hit for 3 days in and out of it. Just had to ride the ride. I never did puke though

You were about right on. I was hit for 3 days in and out of it. Just had to ride the ride. I never did puke though

Aha I bet, and yeah sometimes you just gotta smooth ride it out, and thats good you didnt puke, never good ... But hey please just stop taking them unless you need them because tolerance will develope then addiction follows fast and quick. The reason you got so high so long is due to the fact buprenorphine is a very strong substance especially if your opiate tolerance is low or even moderate, and due to the long half life. Now if there prescribed and your supposed to takem by all means do what you got to do but id also start with less next time, unless you enjoyed the previous experience. Also I am NOT telling you what to do, just offering my knowledge and opinion.

Peace.