• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone quastion

infamousgeoff

Greenlighter
I am scheduled to start suboxone at 9 am tomorrow. I was going thru some terrible pain trying to withdrawl so to ease it i took 3 7.5 percocets at 5 pm today. felt guilty after reading about instant withdrawls from suboxone. i realy need to get off the pills have lowered my dosage over the last week to 2 or 3 hydros a day. Anyway was just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with this and if it is safe for me to take the suboxone tomorrow. it will only be 16 hours and i usualy start detoxing in about 8. also is there anything to help reduce the amount of percocet or speed up the withdrawls over the next 16 hours. I realy need to do this and get help but its hard for me to make 24 hours without.

If you're down to 2-3 hydros a day and thats where your tolerance is at, Id think 16 hours without any hydro or oxycodone you should be ok to start. Doctors differ on what dose they start you on, as long as he's not too conservative, I think at least 4-8 mgs of subs should probably be enough. Just remember to let him know how well its working. Dont take anymore of anything though. You gotta get rid of your old shit somehow too.

Thank you. any ideas on how i can speed up the onset of detox. Maybe a way to remove the percocet faster.

Im not sure of trying other drugs that speed up or increase opiate metabolism but some things that always help it wear off are maybe try drinking alot of water and being physically active or do cardio/ increases your metabolism and sweating. Also coffee speeds your CNS a bit and could help. Might help some.

thank you. im sure ill be fine. from what i read online worst thing is a nasty detox but with my levels being low it should not be to bad. im sure it will be worth it in the long run. im just tired of risking my life over a high everyday.

from what it sounds like you've got a pretty small habit, perhaps try a rapid subutex detox?
what you've read online is talking more about people who have large pills and/or H addictions, yours is pretty reasonable and with a short subutex taper and then a non opiate detox (ibuprofen, immodium, buscopan, maybe some sleepers) you could be off all this junk in a matter of weeks.
just domt get yourself a sub habit because they can be even harder to kick than H. subutex is great for a 1 or 2 week taper but you should have your sights on becoming opiate free

best of luck