• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone plugged (rectal buprenorphine)

some one please help will sure gel cover subs im desperate please someone answer quick !!!!

First time plugging please need info

[hello all! I just tried plugging suboxone tab, I've been a opiate addict for 10 years and been on subs for 6 years but always sublingually. I just tried plugging 24mg, which is what I take on a daily basis but 10 mins after I was in the bathroom pooping(sorry for the tmi) guess I wasn't empty. My question is, did I just poop out the 24mgs? Should I do another 8? Where do I go from here? Thanks guys! I'm new here & love reading all your different experiences and trials...can someone help me get the most out of this medication please?
QUOTE=Pixman;6620365]Hello folks,

I'm not physically addicted to opioids but I don't get anything out of bupre anymore.
But I have a very high tolerance.
I need ~200-250mg of Methadone to feel any high. I can pause for 1 week and I don't get an WDs.
The first time I used Bupre it, I took 200mcg and was experiencing a very warm and beautiful high.

The last time I took it, I put 4mg of Subutex(no naloxone!) under my tongue and after a hour, I was experiencing a kind of high but then suddenly my pupils widened, my nose was wet and had teary eyes.

Did someone experience the same?
Did it rectally work for you with a high? It sounds to me like this, when I read this thread.

It would be very welcome to get some information about this... I loved subutex so hard but I don't get anything out of it snorted or ingested sublingually.

And I'm scared to try it again because those weird WDs start to come again, maybe...?[/QUOTE]

Hey all. I been on Subs for 4 or 5 years now. I've been up to 24 mgs per day and down to 1 mg a day. I am an addict, so I frequently run out early. I usually can taper down quite a bit before I run out and usually only run out a day or two early. This time, I just ran out by accident (I still have a little less than 1 mg left), the Pharmacy won't let me refill for 2 more days, and they have to order them. Which means, I could be out for 2 or three days. I'm just trying to make my stuff stretch. It sucks. I tried this method this morning with a little piece. Like 1/3 of a mg or something. Usually by this time, that amount won't get me the rush feeling, but gets me out of wd. I ended up taking another similar sized piece, sublingually, just to stay out of wd this morning. But I really want to get as much out of the last piece as I can.

Iyo, will any amount last longer in my system if I do it this way? I think if you take it nasally, it will all hit at once and actually last less time right? Is that the same type of thing here or the opposite? Also, I know if you take suboxone in the nose, its supposed to make you sick, because of the naloxone, right? I read somewhere, someone would mix with water and snort it and it would tie him over for longer, but make him feel like death for 20 mins or so...Anyone?

(edit: also, I didn't get much from the plugging part. Maybe because It wasn't enough, don't know.)

Last edited:
Hey all, I am prescribed suboxone, 8mg-2mg twice a day. I am really looking for advice or ways to potentiate the suboxone. Ive tried taking gabapentin before the subs, ive sniffed and plugged the subs and nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vajeeh, will your suboxone absorption method/technique work for the pills too? I have white pills that say 93 on one side and 5721 on the other. Please reply asap.

The alcohol/mouthwash bupe thing has been around since they first started testing buprenorphine for its efficacy in treating opiate withdrawal and addiction. It was originally administered as an alcoholic solution under the tongue, this thread goes over the whole process in good detail, mouthwash will work but it's better if you have a stronger alchohol. But mouthwash will work, it definitely increases the BA drastically and on a whole is more consistent than plugging.

That being said, if you are cleaned out, plugging buprenorphine can feel pretty good every once in a while.

OpiatesAllDay... sorry I took so long to respond. I haven't logged in for months. Yes, I've used the pills you mention, I had them for maybe two months because my insurance decided to be ridiculous before accepting my script for the films again. The same method works, however the only subtle difference is how I described elevating my tongue above the sub for 20 mins or so before slamming it down for another 10 minutes or so. Since it's tablet, I would just keep my tongue slammed down onto it in order to help it dissolve. However don't massage it down as if to try speeding it up, as many people seem to do with pills. Just let it rest there. I would keep it elevated for the strip because the strip would just stick to the bottom of your actual tongue, and off of the veins and membranes. Of course the swishing the dissolved solution around like mouthwash before swallowing it on an empty tummy would still be the same as I described. Again, only difference is not keeping your tongue lifted off for the first 20 minutes.

I take my sub dose rectally now from a convenience standpoint mostly. I'm impatient with the sublingual method as I like to drink coffee, smoke cigarettes and have enough pills to swallow as it is. 32mgs of sub will fit into 3ml of water just fine. An enema to clean myself out if needed but tend to do this anyway just in case, cos if I'm not completely empty and inject the sub I just have that full feeling that makes you want to go to the toilet....Which can happen anyway, usually I just sit on my ass and have another coffee and smoke and eventually that full feeling goes away and I can catch a little nod all throughout the day if I sit still in front of a screen which is most of the time.

And....I hate the fucking taste of that shit, I really do, whereas my bum does not care lol. I use about 18-20mgs atm.

Suboxone and cluster headaches

I'm new to this group but have gotten good information in the past. I have had migraines for over 30 years and in the last 3 years they have morphed into chronic cluster headaches. I have been on every preventative medicine for migraines as well as every combination of medicines that my doctor could come up with to treat them. The only thing that works is narcotics. I've been on the Fentanyl patch, dilauded, and now I take 80mg of Oxycodone on a "good" headache day. I have been taking this dose (or more on "bad" days) for over 2 years now. I can honestly say that I am addicted because of necessity. Recently my Doctor asked if I would be open to try Suboxone. I'm usually open to anything just so I can have a quality of life, but this medicine scares me. I got breakthrough pain while taking Fentanyl and took Dilauded for it. I have tried not to need anything stronger but now my ER visits are increasing (I used to be in there 15-20 times a month down to 3-5, but now I'm going about 10 times per month). I am worried about breakthrough pain while on this medicine as well of just not being sure how it will work or make me feel etc. most medical websites give "the right answers" but I'm looking for the real answers. Any and all information/experiences are welcome!
Thank you all in advance!!!

32mg is just way absurd man. Talk about overkill. Really theres absolutely no benefit of that much. I mean even half of that is arguably pointless.

This is a very old thread, I just wanted to share that I have been using Suboxone for a month and relapsed for 3 days on heroin. Today I started my Suboxone again and used half a mili under the tounge and one mili in the bum. The bum mili really made me warm and hit fast as a mother. My first time plugging and it was a little intense but enjoyable. Now I'm wondering if I can smoke just a bit of h on it

^Imo 1.5 mg is not enough to completely block other opioids, so you should feel some of ther heroin, but don't smoke too much so you don't OD

everyone is different

I understand the math, but in my reality it's not working like that. Like for instance I plugged a 8mg pill this morning, and not 6 hours later I started to have slight WD symptoms. I sat (twice) with a 2mg nugget under my tongue for probably 30-40 mins praying to all that is holy for it to somehow get into my bloodstream, and things got a bit better. A few hours later I got really dizzy and did the same thing with another 2mg and almost instantly the dizzyness subsided and I started to feel normal again.

I just don't believe the half-life is what it claims to be.

Yea. everyone metabolizes every drug differently. Depends on your size. What you ate. Your metabolism. Genetics. Other drugs that you are on. How you take the drug. (IV, IM).
I dont care who you are even the MD's and the PhDs dont fully understand how every drug works. If you look at the manufacturers website or in a PDR a lot of times it states "Mechanism unknown"' under the pharmacology of a drug. Most newer drugs and even a lot of time tested classical ones like valium are unknown in the way they act and are processed by the body and certain enzymes. Like P450 for example. Now many doctors are realizing that drugs are not just processed by the liver but by enzymes in the kidneys and other organs and that there are receptor sites not only just in the brain but throughout the entire digestive tract and body. This is why Tramadol works great for me and an lot of other people but doesn't work for some. They lack the gene that produces the enzyme(s) that convert Tramadol and Codeine from a prodrug that doesn't do much of anything, to their metabolites o-desmethyltramadol (Nucynta)and morphine respectively. The same with buprenorphine. Everyone is going to metabolize it differently at different rates. There might be an average rate from some half assed study that says so much is going to be out of your system in so many hours, but not for everyone. What if you take something like Xanax and drink a lot of grapefruit juice? Your going to have a lot more xanax in your system after so many hours than the person who didn't drink grapefruit juice. Ant thats just one example. Depends on if you had a huge dinner. Hundreds of factors. This is why some people experience a rush from sticking bupe up the ass and some no so much. Don't be so arrogant to think everyone is the same. Or just because you don't get a rush from taking a certain drug a certain way means that no one else will or has. Sounds like jealousy and arrogance. Every person is different and no one metabolizes each drug the same way.

this is why

Why am i reading about people using like 6mg of bupe sublingually to get off, when im on 24mg a day and i still wake up feeling mildly crap?

Makes no sense, i wasnt even an IV H user for over a month, i guess it dosn't take long... 500mg oxycodone isnt even a substantial amount anymore? That used to be a fucking good stash now its not even a nod(this was just before i got on suboxone).............

I dunno i've just always thought it took months to years to develop a tolerance where one could dose 500mg of oxycodone and not even nod...

Or can natural tolerance play a role, ive always handled by opies better than any of my mates but this is just insanity...

Also reading about the plugging roa, once i get to the point in my program where i get 4 take home doses per week im def gunna be trying this method... fuck lol
I understand the math, but in my reality it's not working like that. Like for instance I plugged a 8mg pill this morning, and not 6 hours later I started to have slight WD symptoms. I sat (twice) with a 2mg nugget under my tongue for probably 30-40 mins praying to all that is holy for it to somehow get into my bloodstream, and things got a bit better. A few hours later I got really dizzy and did the same thing with another 2mg and almost instantly the dizzyness subsided and I started to feel normal again.

I just don't believe the half-life is what it claims to be.

Yea. everyone metabolizes every drug differently. Depends on your size. What you ate. Your metabolism. Genetics. Other drugs that you are on. How you take the drug. (IV, IM).
I dont care who you are even the MD's and the PhDs dont fully understand how every drug works. If you look at the manufacturers website or in a PDR a lot of times it states "Mechanism unknown"' under the pharmacology of a drug. Most newer drugs and even a lot of time tested classical ones like valium are unknown in the way they act and are processed by the body and certain enzymes. Like P450 for example. Now many doctors are realizing that drugs are not just processed by the liver but by enzymes in the kidneys and other organs and that there are receptor sites not only just in the brain but throughout the entire digestive tract and body. This is why Tramadol works great for me and an lot of other people but doesn't work for some. They lack the gene that produces the enzyme(s) that convert Tramadol and Codeine from a prodrug that doesn't do much of anything, to their metabolites o-desmethyltramadol (Nucynta)and morphine respectively. The same with buprenorphine. Everyone is going to metabolize it differently at different rates. There might be an average rate from some half assed study that says so much is going to be out of your system in so many hours, but not for everyone. What if you take something like Xanax and drink a lot of grapefruit juice? Your going to have a lot more xanax in your system after so many hours than the person who didn't drink grapefruit juice. Ant thats just one example. Depends on if you had a huge dinner. Hundreds of factors. This is why some people experience a rush from sticking bupe up the ass and some no so much. Don't be so arrogant to think everyone is the same. Or just because you don't get a rush from taking a certain drug a certain way means that no one else will or has. Sounds like jealousy and arrogance. Every person is different and no one metabolizes each drug the same way.

Snorted 2mg Subutex pills today didn't feel much ( I have a high tolerance) then I tried plugging one 8 mg pill. I broke in half stuck half up there and then broke the other half down in warm water and put it up in a syringe with no needle and squirted it up there I think it helped the other half dissolve either way I started nodding out about 45 minutes later. I will be taking them this way now hahah

No use plugging it. A friend gave it to me IV and even that wasn't any better than snorting it. Higher bio-availability and faster effect, but you don't get a rush or anything.

I am definitely going to plug my suboxone. Is the amount of water needed less than with MS Contin? Because with MS Contin, the more water, the more the drug has a chance to spread around and dissolve into your bloodstream. However, this requires a larger syringe, the kind that hurts your butt. I have a very small oral syringe and my dream is that someone will tell me that indeed, sub dissolves better, thus will work plugged with little water. BLers? Any sub-pluggers know the answer to this?
Thanks
xrZfC