• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone -pharmacy closed

powerpsi

Greenlighter
Hey all

So my pharmacy is closed for the next 4 days for some reason, pharmacist must be out of town or something. I ran out 2 days early so that means I'm going to be 6 days until I redose. I take 16 mg a day.. will I have enough in me from the last 13 days of taking 30 subs before I ran out early to hold out 6 days without much discomfort or should I run around trying to transfer it somewhere else. Walgreens is a huge pain in the butt trying to get a prescription to another store especially controlled substance like buprenorphine. Thanks

It's hard to say.
I once went a week without my suboxone & it was hell on Earth by day 3....
But then other times the withdrawals don't even start until day 3...
Some times it's mild, comes & goes & then other times It's apparent I need to dose right away.
I personally wouldn't want to wait 6 days without any... but then again you might not have as many withdrawals as I do on day 3. But it could also be pretty easy waiting. It's hard to know for sure, but I wouldn't chance it. 6 days is definitely long enough for withdrawals to creep in and cause some discomfort. Even at 16mg.

It's hard to say.
I once went a week without my suboxone & it was hell on Earth by day 3....
But then other times the withdrawals don't even start until day 3...
Some times it's mild, comes & goes & then other times It's apparent I need to dose right away.
I personally wouldn't want to wait 6 days without any... but then again you might not have as many withdrawals as I do on day 3. But it could also be pretty easy waiting. It's hard to know for sure, but I wouldn't chance it. 6 days is definitely long enough for withdrawals to creep in and cause some discomfort. Even at 16mg.
Thanks. I think I will jump through the hoops and get it transferred. Doctor isn't in until tomorrow and there's a transfer fee :rolleyes: but I am not going to wait 6+ days.

Thanks. I think I will jump through the hoops and get it transferred. Doctor isn't in until tomorrow and there's a transfer fee :rolleyes: but I am not going to wait 6+ days.
Damn there's a transfer fee!??! Wtf.

I once had to switch my meds from Walgreens to another Walgreens in another state & I don't remember any transfer fees. Always finding ways to rob people blind. Ain't even your fault that you need to transfer. "You can either wait 6 days or pay us to transfer"... That irks me.

But yeah, I definitely don't recommend waiting the 6 days. You'd probably get a nice warm fuzzy buzz on day 6 when you finally did dose. lol But I don't think it's worth the pain & agony of waiting the 6 days.
Hope the transfer goes smooth OP!

Damn there's a transfer fee!??! Wtf.

I once had to switch my meds from Walgreens to another Walgreens in another state & I don't remember any transfer fees. Always finding ways to rob people blind. Ain't even your fault that you need to transfer. "You can either wait 6 days or pay us to transfer"... That irks me.

But yeah, I definitely don't recommend waiting the 6 days. You'd probably get a nice warm fuzzy buzz on day 6 when you finally did dose. lol But I don't think it's worth the pain & agony of waiting the 6 days.
Hope the transfer goes smooth OP!
The transfer fee was from my Suboxone doctor, not Walgreens. Don't know why he charges maybe he gets charged per prescription sent? Not sure. It was 15 bucks. I refilled today. Was already getting goosebumps and feeling like I needed to dose so another 3 days would have been rough I think. All good now!🙂

The transfer fee was from my Suboxone doctor, not Walgreens. Don't know why he charges maybe he gets charged per prescription sent? Not sure. It was 15 bucks. I refilled today. Was already getting goosebumps and feeling like I needed to dose so another 3 days would have been rough I think. All good now!🙂
Interesting!
Glad you didn't have to wait another 3 days!

I once bitched my insurance out big time over a pre-authorization. They had me waiting a week for my suboxone & I called and said "how the hell can you let people sit in withdrawal like this, this is ridiculous!". lol It's not a fun time at all.