• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone or subutex?

And despite what they claim, wd from heavy buoreyuse is not at all “mild” and, especially with IV use can be quite severe, and really needs medical attention in some cases, in spite of the systematic abuse and often non-existen treatment of users

Stockpiling buprenorphine though is one benefit; especially if you up the BA by simply dissolving it in 70-80ml of water, which can make it almost twice as potent, as BA% increases, making it 1.25-2x the potency, and a bit of a faster onset) or using inhibitors whatever(IV makes it several times more potent, although it cuts the t1/2 to an average of less than 4 hours, and the problems of the needle and possible risks)

Though yeah, stockpile, may as well so eventually you aren’t paying loads (or even get into a situation in which you cannot afford treatment that can cost more than some people’s rent )

^ They have generic Suboxone tablets, though doctors seem to be hesitant to write them, whether this is ignorance, misguided attempts, to uh, do something, or, possibly financial, not sure

I actually asked my doctor about this before and I trust he answered pretty honestly. He said that these pharma companies that make generic Suboxone were working for years to get the formulation correct to keep the right blood plasma levels of buprenorphine over the same amount of time and to not absorb the naloxone when taken properly but absorb it when abused. In the end they had to change the dose that each pill contains versus Suboxone. I think one formulation is something like 6.8mg/1.9mg or something like that instead of 8mg/2mg. This is a big issue to the pharmacies. They are allowed to substitute the generic only for an equivalent drug. And legally, generic Suboxone is not equivalent because the dose is listed as being different even though it results in the same blood plasma levels. And most doctors who prescribe Suboxone have been given extensive support by the pharmaceutical company creating Suboxone, Reckitt Benckisor/Indivior. So they are often hesitant to write a prescription that can only be filled as the generic and stick with what they know and what they know you have worked with.

As to the OP, I think most people have covered it pretty well here. If you can get Subutex, get that because it is cheaper but keep in mind that if you get a paper prescription far fewer pharmacies carry Subutex and you may have a hard time finding a pharmacy to fill it. Also, most doctors are unwilling to write prescriptions for it since it is much easier to abuse than Suboxone. And also like others have said, the effects are exactly the same when taken properly (dissolved under the tongue). The Naloxone is mostly not absorbed and slides down your throat and into your stomach where it is destroyed.

That is BS; got a few 8/2 generic buprenorphine tablets last year, hesitantly RX'ed by a doctor who seems to have a preference for Zubsolve and the new buccal bupe/nalaxonewthung; your doctor is sadly misinformed or, lying

IDK which, however they have at least two generic tablets

I can't understand how people keep saying there's a difference between Subutex, Suboxone and Zubsolv. There's no freakin difference!!!!!!!!! Buprenorphine is the main ingredient in all three medications. The only difference would be how much Buprenorphine in each med in comparison. So for example....if you take zubsolv....apparently due to the way they manufacture it.....supposedly the bioavailability is better and equivalent in lower doses to higher doses of suboxone. So for example...all you would need of Zubsolv is 5.7 mg to equal an 8 mg strip of suboxone. But...other than than....it's the same!!!!! I've been on 28 mg of suboxone for over 9 years and it's all the same. I've used all three and they are exactly the same. The Naloxone is in such a miniscule amount that it does absolutely nothing especially when you use suboxone the way you're supposed to...under the tongue. The only time Naloxone is intended to do anything is when you try a shoot the medication into your veins. It's supposed to counteract with any opiate you have in your system to force you to have withdrawal symptoms. And even then it doesn't do a very good job of that....just ask anyone who shoots it. So....therefore it's pointless to try and compare. Soooo.... at the end of the day...Buprenorphine is Buprenorphine is Buprenorphine. And the only true difference is dosage, bioavailability, and how you administer it. This is just my solid opinion;)

Right. I believe we've pretty much established our arguments here. I do believe that over-prescription of Buprenorphine is a ticking time-bomb. I know that it's going to be the next scandal. These people are out to make money. It's just a fact. The entire "addiction industry" is dedicated to making money. The hope is that they help you along the way, but the predicate of the entire experience is the exchange of money for drugs.

I've known some hardcore junkies. 3 bundles a day, 3 grams a day etc. I do not know anyone that needs more that 8mg Buprenorphine. I just haven't. Perhaps my life experience is an anomaly, but I myself, and every other fiend that I've ever known do not require more than 8mg Buprenorphine to be stable. Nobody needs 24mg of Buprenorphine a day.