• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone or subutex building up in blood before induction period?

This is ridiculous. Bupe is so much more potent and powerful than Heroin that it's silly to think that you can't be held by even a modest 4 mg. I can do around 2g of decent dope/day and I am easily maintained at 2-4 mg.

Once you have a dose of Bupe in your system it doesn't matter how much dope you do, or how much Bupe. It doesn't matter how small the dosing increments are, if they are less than 24-36 hrs. apart. The Bupe is going to be there on your receptors, why waste dope and Bupe by doing this ridiculous back-and-forth crap. Wait 24 hrs., less if you have WD symptoms sooner, take a good 8mg. dose, and be on Bupe. OR dope. Switching isn't doing anything. The Bupe is there, the dope isn't "knocking it off", it's binding with it. Once the dope is worn off, the Bupe is still there. Each subsequent dose of Bupe isn't causing a new round of PW, it's in your head. You might feel a small effect from the dope but all of the restof your "symptoms" are mental. This is the biggest waste of time, money, and drugs I have ever heard of.

If I'm wrong and you have some SCIENTIFIC evidence to show it, by all means, I love to learn new things. If all you have is ancedotal evidence (my cousin's brother's father's friend thrice-removed), then maybe that's why its heresy, not fact.

You're not waiting long enough before trying suboxone. Wait 8 at minimum while 12 is optimal minimum 24 hours is really what you should shoot for if you can. You'll notice the difference when your sick in withdrawals and start feeling better in less than five minutes pretty much once the sub dose is dissolved under the tounge.

This^^^ except closer to 24 is more realistic, try looking up the COWS Worksheet and have someone else score you. We tend to be more lenient on ourselves in terms of symptoms and WD when it comes to scoring, we just want OUT of pain and discomfort as soon as possible and tend to think we feel worse than we actually do.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Bupe is so much more potent and powerful than Heroin that it's silly to think that you can't
be held by even a modest 4 mg. I can do around 2g of decent dope/day and I am easily maintained at 2-4 mg.

Why waste dope and Bupe by doing this ridiculous back-and-forth crap?!!

^ This and THANK YOU.

not everyone is the same, that being said 4mg should hold most people, but some people don't feel completely stabile on it, that's why they do prescribe higher dosages (well that and the money of course, never forget what makes the world go round), but really it shouldn't be assumed that everyone can be held immediately at two milligrams-yeah you can get by on it, but for most people it won't be easy. Whenever I inducted myself I've always started with 8mg or 12mg, yeah I could have gotten by on 4mg but would have felt a little uneasy.

But yeah I think it's kind of retarded to switch back and forth between subs and heroin, why do I think this is stupid? Because I've done it a million times myself, and I know that over time it gets harder and harder to transition back to subs, I used to be able to take suboxone 8 hours after a full agonist, not anymore! Now I better wait 24 hours.

Another issue with this thread in general is that it's too individual of a question, no one can predict with accuracy how they, or someone else is going to respond to building up buprenorphine in there blood while using full agonists, or switching back and forth (whatever). That being said its kind of interesting.