• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone...NEED HELP

OXYman1221

Greenlighter
ok guys, so SWIM just took a 1mg suboxone 9 1/2 hrs ago maybe less then a mg...my question is since he only used it once and such a small amount will it still effect an opiate if he was to take it now? i don't want him to waste it on such an expensive pill! please help...

any info or replies regarding this post will help! thanks.

Last edited:
So, you took 1-mg of Suboxone. How did you take it? Sublingual? It's a fairly low dose but bupe is a very strong opioid receptor binder & ten hours isn't much time w.r.t. bupe metabolism / binding. It would likely diminish the effect of another opioid.

You don't sound very experienced with opioids. You should learn more before you take such strong drugs, or any drug for that matter.

Wait. It's not worth the posible waste or excess added effect, i have no idea if your expensive pill is Darvocet or a fake oxy that's loaded with fentanyl.

One you'd not " feel" the other could kill.

Also, please don't use SWIM here, it makes you appear ignorant and is contrary to the forum rules and decorum.

Ok?

i think yer good...wait. what's the expensive pill?

i have Oxycontin 80mg op's... i didn't have any for awhile so i was going through withdraws...i have a lot experience with opiates but suboxone on the other hand i am naive. i been on opiates for 4 years now..my tolerance is rather high...40mg foxy gets me high, but not nodding. I'm just wondering how long should i wait before taking a oxy, so i can feel the full effects of it. and I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum. i did take it sublingual but it was 1mg or even less of a strip my roommate gave to help me out. its been 13 hours now since i took the film, and i heard 24-36 hours is a good mark when the suboxone starts to wear off...yes, the suboxone helped..but i want to get back on the Oxycontin.

UPDATE: i took the boxy quite some time ago...40mg only, and i didn't feel a thing :(. so that answered my question for me and actually upset me.. I'm thinking tomorrow ill give it another whirl and see what happens. tomorrow will mark the range of 24-27 hours. I'm thinking tomorrow my mu receptor should be ready to go! I'm hoping for!!!

SWIM did that today, as she is waiting to go back on suboxone on the 28th (the first available appointment) and didn't want to be dopesick while she waits. That tiny little bit of naloxone definitely did not block the effects of the opiate whatsoever. She has taken up to 2 mg of suboxone without it blocking opiates. Taking any more than a quarter 8mg strip, then taking an opiate is probably a waste of the opiate unless it's like an Oxy 30 or something strong like that. I'm not a Dr. of course, just speaking from SWIM'S personal experience.

ya i took 40mg and didn't feel it :( I'm hoping tomorrow (25 hours) ill be good to go and dose oxy or hydromorphone...which one i feel like taking. suboxone helps me from getting WD but at the same time i want to pop more oxy, i didn't feel any type of high...but i did notice it took away my pain i had.

SWIM did that today, as she is waiting to go back on suboxone on the 28th (the first available appointment) and didn't want to be dopesick while she waits. That tiny little bit of naloxone definitely did not block the effects of the opiate whatsoever. She has taken up to 2 mg of suboxone without it blocking opiates. Taking any more than a quarter 8mg strip, then taking an opiate is probably a waste of the opiate unless it's like an Oxy 30 or something strong like that. I'm not a Dr. of course, just speaking from SWIM'S personal experience.
This points to a possible fake foxy 80! yikes
ya i took 40mg and didn't feel it :( I'm hoping tomorrow (25 hours) ill be good to go and dose oxy or hydromorphone...which one i feel like taking. suboxone helps me from getting WD but at the same time i want to pop more oxy, i didn't feel any type of high...but i did notice it took away my pain i had.
hope tomorrow is better :)

ok, my fault..i just took my Oxy this morning and it kicked in just fine!!( thank goodness) but thanks everyone for the input and all the info!! thanks everyone!!!