• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone maintenance and withdrawal..

Ukbball0214

Greenlighter
Hello BL'ers. I've been reading for years but have never posted. Before I ask questions I'll give a brief summary of my past usage. I'm 33 yrs old, I've been abusing opiates and Benzos for 17 years. Began with hydros and oxy, and at the age of 21 made a stupid decision for myself to go on methadone. Back then they didn't care if you used Benzos so long as you had a Rx and I did. A lot of things have changed since haha. I've been on methadone for a total of 8 years (2 diff) stints, and kicked CT both times from over 100mgs. Before, in between, and after were all other opiates. Basically my DOC is opiates and Benzos combined. I have an equal love affair for both but I seem to kick Benzos more often and more frequent albeit.

So I CT'd methadone the last time this time last year. Actually it was July 2, 2016. I remember the day because I knew how bad the wds were going to be and I would count days, hours, mins, seconds. So I quit methadone by subbing 20g of kratom daily. It wasn't all that bad. Then the kratom ban came and I started doing Suboxone. I was on 16 mg of subs for 2 months on the street and my connect moved off and I couldn't get into a sub clinic so I jumped off at 16mg. 17 days of hell. Worse than both methadone wds but I didn't have kratom or Benzos to help this time. I caved in, found a new supplier, went another 2 months of sub use at about 8 mg, and the last 2 months I've actually been doing it legally through the clinic now. They have me on 16mg sub a day. I know that 16 is overkill. IME, the worst of the worst can stabilize at 4-8mg. So ive kept my dose at 8mg.
My question is this.....after 4 months of sub usage at 8mg, what would be a good taper plan? Is Roberts taper plan still the go to ? Also, has anyone else experienced methadone and sub WD both? And if so, which was worse for you? For me, the Suboxone wds were soooo much worse but during methadone wds I had tons of halcion, restoril, kpins, and kratom and I had nothing with the sub WD so I know that makes a diff. I really want to taper off sub but the last WD scared the shyt out of me. What is a reasonable time frame to go from 8mg to say 0.5mg?

Also, should I load up on Benzos like I did with methadone wds or not? Benzos WD is a monster too I know all too well but I'm talking short term here just to get me thru sub wd....

Other Rx meds i have are amitriptyline 50mg once daily, and gabapentin 400mg 3* daily. Maybe I should just stick to those idk, I don't always make the best choices in active addiction that's why I'm asking. I am soooo tired of it all. It's so time and life consuming. I feel like I'll never lead the life I want if I stay on maintenance drugs for good.

Also, one last thing....I did get clean for 15 months 3 years ago. I used a lot of anabolic steroids (4 cycles) and I felt great. One relapse destroyed me and took me back down that same dam path. So last question, is anyone familiar with using steroids, ie restosterone, trenbolone, anavar, deca, you get the point ???? I think in general opiates tend to lower testosterone but maybe that's just me wanting to always still have something in me. Oh, and I wasnt on the needle and with opiates so that wouldn't be a trigger.