• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone/kratom/ mabye loperamide Need help bad

Euphormisim

Greenlighter
Soooo. I’m going to start out by calling myself a dumb ass. But, I’ve been an opiate addict all my life (I’m 21) but the last September after not using much for a while started taking kratom. Since febuary to late July I was consistently taking around 35 grams a day until I started buying subs from my friend around July 25th. Since then I’ve been taking anywhere from 6mg to 20mg daily. Tonight I took 6 mg to get through work and now I’m out of strips. It’s Saturday rn and I have work on Tuesday, I know I’ll be withdrawing hard. I just got this job and can’t be screwing up like this. What if I took 50 mg of loperamide on Tuesday( I’ve never taken it before) and then switched back to kratom on Wednesday? I have no idea what I’m doing here and I’m really worried about this next week. My buddy should have more Subs by Friday. I’d like to get off everything in general but I need to be able to function properly right now.

What opioids were you taking prior to "last September" or before you started using Kratom regularly?
I can say that switching a Kratom dependence for a Bupe dependence is about the worst thing you could've done. I'm not really knowledgeable about Kratom but from what I've read the withdrawl from that dosen't compare to the horror of your typical agonists, or even a partial agonist like Bupe.
As for the Lope, it will help with stomach cramping and diarrhea. But it's not going to cross the blood brain barrier and give you any sort of buzz.
I don't know you history with Opioids, but you said you've been an addict your whole life. I get that. But I get the impression that Opioids haven't completely had their way with you as they have to so many of us. You've only been usung Bupe for a month or so. My best advice would be to run. Run far away from these drugs while you are still able to. These things are ruthless. They will take everything from you.
And i'm not saying that as someone that read that in a book or something. I'm telling you this as someone that has lost everything and everyone because of Opioids.

What opioids were you taking prior to "last September" or before you started using Kratom regularly?
I can say that switching a Kratom dependence for a Bupe dependence is about the worst thing you could've done. I'm not really knowledgeable about Kratom but from what I've read the withdrawl from that dosen't compare to the horror of your typical agonists, or even a partial agonist like Bupe.
As for the Lope, it will help with stomach cramping and diarrhea. But it's not going to cross the blood brain barrier and give you any sort of buzz.
I don't know you history with Opioids, but you said you've been an addict your whole life. I get that. But I get the impression that Opioids haven't completely had their way with you as they have to so many of us. You've only been usung Bupe for a month or so. My best advice would be to run. Run far away from these drugs while you are still able to. These things are ruthless. They will take everything from you.
And i'm not saying that as someone that read that in a book or something. I'm telling you this as someone that has lost everything and everyone because of Opioids.
Before the kratom I was clean for 2 months cause i was in rehab but prior to that I would switch between hydros and Oxys. I have ankylosing spondylitis so when I was 12 my doctors started prescribing me them. When I would run out I would buy as much as I could from my plug and then resell half of em for alot more money to people who had no idea how much they costed and I would keep the other half for myself. I probably haven’t got consumed by pills as much as a lot of u but I can say that because of all the stealing lying and using know one in my family trusts me and I’ve lost a lot.

Anyways I know switching to bupe from kratom is dumb, to be honest I think I subconsciously might’ve done it cause The kratom wasn’t doing it for me anymore and I’ve been on subs while detoxing before which made me feel decent. And I figured it was better than pills or H. But now I’m totally regretting my decision and I feel trapped .

But I know man I’ve been to treatment twice in the past year and a half and already have a lot of regrets at a young age.

But I know man I’ve been to treatment twice in the past year and a half and already have a lot of regrets at a young age.
I'm sorry to hear that man. If you do stay with the Bupe, I hope it keeps you from doing other harder drugs. Good luck.

Are you able to get a legal prescription for Subs and then tapper down and off eventually? That way you won’t be sick.

No kidding. Do you think like 40 mg of loperamide would help a little bit? I’ve never taken it before
it will help with stomach and diarrhea but not much else. personally i wouldn't take 40 mg. start with 6 and work from there. use it just to control the above mentioned symptoms. good luck.

Fuck man. You're in a bit of a pickle. I don't know about you guys, but for me, the idea of going to work while in full withdrawal is a fucking nightmare. The thing with people that use dope, I feel, is that most long-term users are at their worst when they're sick and are relatively normal when not in withdrawal. The absenteeism from work, bad performance and such is almost always due to withdrawal as opposed to intoxication.

Loperamide is known to cause serious heart problems in some people, specifically by prolonging the Qt interval of the heart, which can lead to stuff like torsades des pointes and cardiac death.

I understand you want to use Loperamide. I've done it myself, as have countless other junkies. Many of us are still alive. but some have died. If you're willing to roll the bones on your future, than you can proceed with this, but just know many have had problems. If you do choose to use Loperamide, limit it to this one specific instance and do your very best to get your shit together and keep some kind of supply behind the scenes for hard times like this. Don't get stuck again.

Loperamide, in my experince, doesn't take away all of the symptoms of withdrawal, but it can do 75%. I've taken dosages as high as 200mg when withdrawing from a serious Heroin kick. If you take the drug with a drug like Omeprazole (Prilosec) or another P-Glycoprotein inhibitor you can boost the bioavailability of the stuff significantly.

I get that you want to keep your job, but if you keep going like this, you'll eventually lose it. Consider relying on Loperamide to keep your job your rock bottom and go from there.

Best bet would be take nothing until a couple hours before work and get as far into wd as possible then dose with kratom, should be able to help a little bit, I’d do that before lope

No kidding. Do you think like 40 mg of loperamide would help a little bit? I’ve never taken it before

40mg of loperamide is not going to be dangerous for most people, the heart issues reported are from 100mg+ doses. t's not good to be on it for long periods of time. When you take that much it dries out your insides something fierce, but it does help with nearly all of the withdrawal symptoms. Especially from kratom and short term subs. It doesn't really help the mood too much but it makes you feel comfortable, but very dried out, you'll see what I mean if you take it.

Loperamide works in a pinch. It takes like 4 or 5 hours to really reach full effect and it lasts a whole 24 hours once it does. It helps a lot for many people but it is not a good solution beyond using it here and there to hold you over.

Boil some water, add lemon juice and two heaping tablespoons of kratom. Stir with a spoon for 15 minutes. Filter the plant material and drink before work. Use an old water bottle to make another batch to take to work with you to drink halfway through your shift. Don't take so much sub, 2mg will hold you just fine, be patient sub takes a good hour to hour and a half to kick in fully.

Loperamide works very well for me at doses of 80mg per day when I've ran out of Oxy. It probably brings down the severity of WDs to about a 3/10. The only thing it doesnt really help with is my mood.