• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone just this once

deXo

Greenlighter
Hi,

Last Thursday I managed to kick my 8mg suboxone dose cold turkey, and though the worst has passed I still feel like crap. I smoked heroin two days ago. Bad idea, I know, but my question is this: if I were to take some suboxone (could be anywhere from 2 to 32 mgs) would I completely screw up my efforts to get clean? Would I go back to being more physically addicted than I am now, and would it worsen the withdrawals? We are talking about one time, that is it (I hope!)

Thank you,
Thomas

In my eyes, It's always a setback on your efforts to get clean if your using a substance. All It took me was one time using to relapse. It would extend your withdrawals. 32 mgs is a HUGE dose. Good luck

If you absolutely can't take it anymore and your debating using H again, then I'd suggest going to take a 2mg dose of sub (what the HELL are you talking about a dose 2-32mg??? gtfo dude that dose range is ridiculous, just take as little as possible i.e. 2mg).
As SiCc said any additional dosing will prolong your suffering, but if a small dose of sub helps you get through the worst of it then it may actually be a better route to take then trying to tough it out and failing with H. Suboxone is always a better choice than dope.

Good luck.

I basically agree with the above post ^
Less is more with suboxone. Good luck dude.

I guess we have a different perception of buprenorphine in sweden, cos here it’s considered dope and is widely abused, primarily cos of price and availability.

Unless i’m just swedish and ’dope’ is slang for heroin. :)

Last edited:
Imo and experience, its all contradictory to what it sounds like youre trying to do.

The only thing that wont prolong your suffering is time. Everytime ive done this, it just prolongs the withdrawal/PAWS. If youve just taken a shorter opiate like heroin one time, i could justify it as perhaps a setback. To then take an additional dose of suboxone (especially the larger doses you mentioned), the half life is so long that you would just be adding fuel to the fire.

Ive gone cold turkey from large doses of suboxone in the past and tried chipping to ease the withdrawal/PAWS. Its a temporary fix and in the long run i wished i had just toughed it out. The recovery process is much quicker.

That being said it took me a little over a month to start to really feel like myself after cold turkey long term buprenorphine treatment. I say tough it out. Youll only add time to this. Often times over the years ive found that when someone asks this question they already have their mind made up and are only looking for someone to further justify the act. I dont mean to sound sharp. Just being honest here if you truly want out of dependency.

Last edited:
I know you don't mean to sound sharp. And I know you are completely right. I did just want someone to say "it's fine, take as much bupe as you want". Thank you all so very much. This is indeed a good place to find comfort and good advice. I can tell you all know exactly what I'm going through. I wish you nothing but the best, I truly do.

I know you don't mean to sound sharp. And I know you are completely right. I did just want someone to say "it's fine, take as much bupe as you want". Thank you all so very much. This is indeed a good place to find comfort and good advice. I can tell you all know exactly what I'm going through. I wish you nothing but the best, I truly do.

I totally understand that need to validate your desire to use. It'll be alright though if you can just push through to the other side of the withdrawals.

There is plenty of additional support on other bluelight forums such as Sober Living and the Dark Side (linked below) which may also be helpful for what you're going through.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side

Last edited: