• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Itch vs. Other Opiates

Billybadjoebob

Bluelighter
This time using a Suboxone film I Had a very prominent itch. Obviously, I expected it and even welcomed it. I have begun to notice though that this itch is in a weird way different than other opiate-induced itches.

It's almost as if this itch is much more precise and fine-tuned, whereas the itch I would get from heroin would be more of a blanket. I notice as well that with Suboxone my itches aren't painful by any means, but are more intense. Am I correct in wanting to say this drugsignals histamine release? This is a horrible attempt at explaining, hopefully someone will know what I mean. With junk i can rub my fingertip over any part of my body and in a wave of euphoria satiate an itch. With Suboxone I have to really dig if ya know what I mean.

If it does, in fact release histamine would I benefit in taking some plain old diphenhydramine??

How are you using it? Is it to get off of other opiates or is it being used intermittently for its own opiate effects? It might cause a full body itch in the latter case. This isn't a typical reaction if you're on it for any extended duration. On rare occasions the most I ever got was the opiate itch in the tip of the nose. There's no reason you can't try taking Benadryl to see it might help.

I have been on subs, both subutex(currently, just bupe no naloxone tabs) and suboxone(bupe/naloxone). I prefer 'tex a bit more, but they both work almost just the same to me, tex just feels cleaner to me.. and I don't like the citrusy taste of suboxone, and hate the strips! I always got the white moon tablets when on suboxone, which to me, were almost just as good as subutex, just about the same feeling.. much cleaner, and a bit stronger IME at least.. Anyways, I have taken them sublingual when first getting on them 5 or so years ago, after relapsing and getting on and off bupe too, for a while.. finally I have just stuck with subs.. have stayed of full agonist opis for over 15 mos. now.

So I found plugging to be much more efficient an ROA, vs sublingual or under the tongue, as they are designed to be taken.. much stonger, almost double-3x as strong when plugged.. and it is totally harmless when done properly.. and not hard to do at all.. That was able to keep me on subs, and off full agonists.. then I went to IV, never could go back to any other ROA with my bupe.. it sucked.. so I don't recommend it if you don't do it now, its much more addicting in the long run..

And back to the topic here, yes, diphenhydramine both potentiates and takes away itchiness from opioids/opiates, including partial agonist opioids such as subs.. it is actually very nice when taken in around 50-100mg doses, start small go up from there.. I would honestly try taking 25mg at first just to see the feeling it gives you, and go from there.. but anything over 100mg I found to be too much diphen IME.. it is a great tool for subs though, although can become addicting when taken enough with the subs, as it makes them stronger, and you wont feel as good when you stop taking the diphen, that's how I felt.. I don't take diphen much anymore, or Benadryl/sleepinal.. I just smoke THC, any form.. weed, hash, wax, oil, etc.. and then take my subs, and it feels fantastic.. I don't normally get an itch from subs, but it does happen from time to time rarely..

I would take the diphenhydramine though OP and see if it works for you, if not there are other antihistamines both OTC, and prescription that also work well.. well really more prescription anti-histamines, for the most part.. but anyways, its not too dangerous to take a small amount of both or not overly done amount, at least.. not exactly small. but not 32mg of sub and 400mg of Benadryl.. if you know what I mean.. anyway, idk.. how do you take them? that would help.. like I said I have done them everyway possible over the years, and know how each ROA feels.. also I know diphenhydramine helped me, I am not sure how it will react with you, just do know for sure it made bupe stronger, and now itchiness at all.. so if not overdone, its fine to take.. and works at least it did for me and people I know who did the same.